Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Wales - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Quality from Shearer lol
  • Options
    Could even end up a 4-2-2-2 with Rashford basically playing up top with Kane. 

Foden and Bellingham sitting behind. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022

So much less inspiring with that midfield 3. 
    Feels like a 'let's not lose by 4' midfield.
    Rashford just screams we're gonna be boring and hope we break on the counter when Wales have to go for it. 
    Upset about Saka being dropped?

We looked so much better with Henderson in the midfield against the US - not surprised Southgate's made the changes he has, especially that one. I'm excited to see Bellingham given a free role now that he won't have to worry about defensive responsibilities.

Use the squad, keep the team fresh before moving on the knockouts.
  • Options
    I have no particular issue with the team other than the fact that Trippier is unlucky but I can see why Walker is in. Midfield is fine. The suggestion that England will sit back and try to hit  Wales on the break is heartbreaking. England should be steamrolling wales into abject submission. 
  • Options
    Our worst 4 players from Friday's game left out. Strong decision making. Fair play to Gareth.
    Foden on the left. Bellingham license to roam.

I have a good feeling about this one.
  • Options
    Fucking hell, he’s changed it up a bit. Foden finally playing. Any team the bloke plays he gets dug out. That team should roll wales.
    In the nicest way I don't think I've seen him play a single good game for England yet in his career. 

Hopefully today is the day. 
    But you’re saying about rashford playing means we are gonna sit back.  And the midfield 3 is negative.

Its tiresome.
    We have replaced Mount with Henderson. It is a more negative midfield 3 than the previous games, even if Bellingham pushes forward. 

I'm sure we will beat Wales regardless but the idea it isn't a less dynamic midfield than the last two games is just wrong. 
    But if Henderson and rice ‘sitting’ (rice will probably be box to box) allows full backs to get forward, Bellingham more of a license and the actual instructions are different to the USA game then the whole formation mantra changes. We got Bellingham, Rashford, Foden, Kane in attacking areas. That’s pretty potent.
  • Options
    Oh how the Wales squad cheered when England were knocked out by Iceland in 2016 Euros. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 
    Pack your bags boyos, we need your hotel rooms. 
    Seems like a fair swap to me. Euro 2016 was the first time Wales went further in a competition than England since Euro 76. We're a tiny country with no serious football history. We'll take getting knocked out of a few tournaments that we weren't expected to qualify for as a trade for that one time of being the last British nation standing.

However, I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment, so if you prefer to think of me as being distraught as we inevitably fail to get out of the group please don't let me stop you. It's all part of the game.
  • Options
    These days, whether a position is considered defensive or attacking is down to the tactics anyway. If Shaw and Walker bomb forward we'll look attacking, if they stay in their own half, we'll look defensive.
  • Options

So much less inspiring with that midfield 3. 
    Feels like a 'let's not lose by 4' midfield.
    Rashford just screams we're gonna be boring and hope we break on the counter when Wales have to go for it. 
    Upset about Saka being dropped?

We looked so much better with Henderson in the midfield against the US - not surprised Southgate's made the changes he has, especially that one. I'm excited to see Bellingham given a free role now that he won't have to worry about defensive responsibilities.

Use the squad, keep the team fresh before moving on the knockouts.
     I'm fine with him being dropped I would have preferred to see someone like Maddison actually challenge Mount for his place. 

Bellingham may play well today but he will go straight back into the midfield 2 with Rice next game and Mount returns regardless. Maddison at least gives the potential for England to find something different we haven't had before. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm looking forward to the confused looks on the faces of the world's media, as the England fans chant sheep shaggers at the Welsh
  • Options
    Why the fuck do we always have to trot out Stormzy
  • Options
    What time is big nasty on? 
  • Options
    Am I watching BBC Wales? This love in is becoming tedious.
    Try watching it in Ireland 😩😂😂
  • Options
    Am I watching BBC Wales? This love in is becoming tedious.
    You’re not watching BBC England either tbf 
  • Options
    Gonna miss the start due to delays on central line - typical. 
  • Options
    Let's stick it to the egg-chasers, livestock worriers and plastic Taffs (yes, you Moore).  Hope they watched that video of 2016 just before kick off!
  • Options
    National anthems are always hideously out of time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on  England
  • Options
    Come on you slaaaaaaags
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Come on England, let's brush these Taffs aside
  • Options
    Few sloppy early touches from Rashford 
  • Options
    Poor quality start by both sides 
  • Options
    Jesus wept... Passing on show from both teams here is dreadful 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Rashford has to score, lovely ball from Kane
  • Options
    Not impressed  by early England efforts, no pace yet.
    Hopefully it will change.