Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Wales - Match Thread

Just a few hours to go lads...

Comments

• Don't mind the predicted line up too much. Bellingham further forward will be interesting and I'm hoping this could finally be Foden's break out in an England shirt. 

Rashford is an interesting one if true.
  • My source tells me Henderson, Walker, Foden and Rashford all start and talk of a back 3.
  • Hopefully Foden has a great game and puts pressure on Southgate to keep him in the starting eleven. 
  • Can we just post the predicted line up please? I haven't looked around but as you have mentioned it...
  • edited November 2022
    Rumoured line-up has Shaw, Mount, Saka and Sterling out. That would put Trippier at left back which is an interesting proposition.

Walker, Henderson, Rashford, Foden in.
  • Is this the most premature match thread ever?
  • a must win in my eyes for the better kick off times and likely kinder r16 draw.

plus wales have been shocking we are all but through but be nice to go through with a win 
    ForeverAddickted got over exited
  • A 'must win'? A will win. God, Wales are hopeless. The other match is far more interesting but I suppose I'll watch this one
    The match thread for the first two games were posted the morning of or the evening before.
  • Sponsored links:

The match thread for the first two games were posted the morning of or the evening before.
    Struggled to get it up alright... DONT JUDGE!!
    Struggled to get it up alright... DONT JUDGE!!
    That reminds me. Prediction for tonight. 1-1 draw, England to win in extra time.
  • Didn't realise Wales were still in this , isn't it time they went home 
  • Rumoured line-up has Shaw, Mount, Saka and Sterling out. That would put Trippier at left back which is an interesting proposition.

Walker, Henderson, Rashford, Foden in.
    I guessed it would be a straight swap Walker for Trippier but he loves Trips on set pieces so him at left back for an hour makes some sense.
  • ENGLAND EXPECTS...a boring 0-0 draw...🥱
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh how the Wales squad cheered when England were knocked out by Iceland in 2016 Euros. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold. 
    Pack your bags boyos, we need your hotel rooms. 
  • Come on England, get to 3-0 by HT so I can switch over and watch the other game!
  • lol! Love Shearer mentioning the Welsh reactions at Euro 2016 when they celebrated us going out, especially with Ashley Williams right next to him
  • Fucking hell, he’s changed it up a bit. Foden finally playing. Any team the bloke plays he gets dug out. That team should roll wales.
    Seriously is this your first England game

The Manager cant ever win, whoever he picks, as idiots will always have their favourites and cant separate club from country when the two will never clash. 

Southgate made me laugh the other day when asked about Foden, as he gave a great response saying that in the years he's been England Manager: Foden is probably the sixth player he's been criticised for leaving out. 
  • edited November 2022
    Fucking hell, he’s changed it up a bit. Foden finally playing. Any team the bloke plays he gets dug out. That team should roll wales.
    In the nicest way I don't think I've seen him play a single good game for England yet in his career. 

Hopefully today is the day. 
  • Fucking hell, he’s changed it up a bit. Foden finally playing. Any team the bloke plays he gets dug out. That team should roll wales.
    In the nicest way I don't think I've seen him play a single good game for England yet in his career. 

But you’re saying about rashford playing means we are gonna sit back.  And the midfield 3 is negative.

Its tiresome.

I really like Foden. In games where teams really press well and keep it very compact in the middle of the park, *cough USA cough* he is the one player I think we have who can really unlock a defence.

If we are sitting back and looking to counter not necessarily sure that plays to his strengths - but hope he can excel today whichever way we approach the game as England will be better for it. 

But you’re saying about rashford playing means we are gonna sit back.  And the midfield 3 is negative.

Its tiresome.
    We have replaced Mount with Henderson. It is a more negative midfield 3 than the previous games, even if Bellingham pushes forward. 

I'm sure we will beat Wales regardless but the idea it isn't a less dynamic midfield than the last two games is just wrong. 
  • Foden now has a chance to show what he's made of and on a big occasion .
    Resting saka and Sterling isn't a bad idea.

Giving walker some time on is also a good idea