Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England World Cup Squad

1235»

Comments

• Options
    A precautionary sub from a tweaked hamstring.
  • Options
    Toney showing today he should have been in the squad instead of one of the defenders.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Toney should be there. Travesty he isn't. It's Bent all over again.

It would also be a good way to keep Kane on his toes and a useful reminder he'd no longer be guaranteed to start every game.

Toney scored an outstanding hatrick at the beginning of the season. It actually was enough to make it clear he definitely had future England potential. His 3rd goal mirrored the calm Bergkamp composure. 

Apart of him will now be hoping a big club offer comes in January/the summer. Maybe Newcastle will look into it. 

The England call will come at some point. Hopefully when Southgate gets shown the exit. 

• Options
    Kane is a guaranteed starter regardless of whether Toney is in the squad or not.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Toney should be there. Travesty he isn't. It's Bent all over again.

It would also be a good way to keep Kane on his toes and a useful reminder he'd no longer be guaranteed to start every game.

Toney scored an outstanding hatrick at the beginning of the season. It actually was enough to make it clear he definitely had future England potential. His 3rd goal mirrored the calm Bergkamp composure. 

Apart of him will now be hoping a big club offer comes in January/the summer. Maybe Newcastle will look into it. 

The England call will come at some point. Hopefully when Southgate gets shown the exit. 

Depends if Ivan wants to go back to them
  • Options
    United need a striker. I wonder if they’d go for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    United need a striker. I wonder if they’d go for him.
    Said exactly the same to a mate the other day. He’s not a big name, but it’s no different from when they went and got Louis Saha, and even Dwight Yorke. He knows where the goal is.
  • Options
    Kane is a guaranteed starter regardless of whether Toney is in the squad or not.

Yes but he needs at least some competition...so he will play better
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I don’t think Kane needs any competition or encouragement to play well for England. He’s our best player.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I don’t think Kane needs any competition or encouragement to play well for England. He’s our best player.

Competition for spots in the 1st team is always healthy and it is a benefit, no matter how good you are. 
    Giving Kane an extra push and extra motivator to better himself certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. He's very competitive. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Competition for spots in the 1st team is always healthy and it is a benefit, no matter how good you are. 
    Giving Kane an extra push and extra motivator to better himself certainly wouldn't be a bad thing. He's very competitive. 

There’s absolutely no way Kane needs the motivation, nor is he concerned about being dropped. 
  • Options
    Kane is also the captain. He could probably go a year without an England goal and still wouldn't lose his place.

Anyone else sad enough like me and eagerly awaiting the 'arrivals' video on the England youtube channel?
  • Options
    Kane is also the captain. He could probably go a year without an England goal and still wouldn't lose his place.

Anyone else sad enough like me and eagerly awaiting the 'arrivals' video on the England youtube channel?
    Yep. The Lions Den feature returns on Thursday as well.
  • Options

20 minutes of people stepping out of a car, giving a fist bump and saying “alright”

Can’t wait. for some reason its a great watch. 
  • Options
    The woman that meets the players in a weapon as well
  • Options
    Maddison with Ashley Cole Vibes

• Options
    No Ivan Toney in the England squad

He was probably 50/50 to go anyway but given he is the subject of an ongoing betting investigation by the F A, I can't help thinking that this might have tipped the balance against him. Shame because I think he offers something both different and unexpected given his lack of exposure on the international stage. 
    He has now been charged by the FA with 232 breaches of betting rules. As I say, that is the likely reason why he was left out of the squad because this was in the offing and would have been a distraction the squad really didn't need.
  • Options
    Just been watching an interview with Maddison on the BBC website.... never heard him speak before, and have to say I am very impressed. Comes across hugely articulate, intelligent and measured.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63653486
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been watching an interview with Maddison on the BBC website.... never heard him speak before, and have to say I am very impressed. Comes across hugely articulate, intelligent and measured.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63653486
    Yeah certainly a common theme with him. I’ve heard him a few times and he always comes across brilliantly, some of which has been after some tough moments, both for him and Leicester. Definitely one of the most likeable ones 
  • Options
    He’s often interviewed after Leicester games. Comes across as very tactically aware.