Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread + (Post-match p11) Charlton v Brighton Under 21s - Papa Johns - Tues 02/11/2022

Comments

• Jac_52 said:
    RedJohn said:
    I wonder whether we will be watching Evan Ferguson for a loan in January...
    Is he someone you've heard of? - Name doesnt ring any bells

He very much impressed in a youth cup final(?) against our youth a year or so back. Remember thinking he looked a prospect as well.
    RedJohn said:
    RedJohn said:
    Is he someone you've heard of? - Name doesnt ring any bells
    Hi, I am a big fan of Rep of Ireland, especially the young guns, and this lad is right at the very top of most watchers ratings with potential, he has only just turned 18, will likely be a huge player in a couple of years time, lets grab him ASAP< League 1 is exactly what he needs at this moment in time.
    Thanks both... Presume he's a Striker?

Yep he is
  • redman said:
    Surprised Innis isn't playing as suspended for Saturday. 
    Yeah I did think he might play tonight, but I guess with someone with his injury record it’s probably not worth it. 

Though would have thought it a good opportunity tonight for him and Thomas to play alongside each other and build that partnership in O’Connell’s absence.  
  • RedJohn said:

Would love this as a loan move , looks to be someone that's too good for age group football and needs a senior loan. 
  • Looking forward to seeing Zach Mitchell play, though I hope he did his homework and tidied his room first

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/zach-mitchell-pens-first-professional-contract

• Whoops, forgot it was a 7pm...
  • Zach is the younger brother of Millwall player Billy. Our academy staff are very excited about his potential.
  • Stream suggests this could be a record low attendance.
  • Kick off, and the ball goes out for our goal kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Forster-Caskey will surely take any move come Jan.  
  • Campbell down the left, whips a nice cross into the box, but a Brighton defender clears before it can come to Kanu
    Many will think it is 7.45 KO
  • Brighton mess up passing the ball round the back. Payne nips in but his shot is blocked for a corner.
  • Payne really doesnt look up either does he... Should have been a simple square ball to Campbell
  • Corner initially cleared but we send it back into the box, and a header from the edge of the six yard box is easily collected by Beadle.
    And they're only there to boo Beadle.
  • We've been passing it about nicely but not really making much progress, gave the ball away and Brighton came forward but Lavelle was able to intercept on the edge of our area.
  • Lovely ball from McGrandles to Chin down the left, and it's out for a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beautiful ball through from McGrandles to Chin to get in behind.

Brighton cut out the cross for a corner
  • Henry takes the corner but it's well cleared by their defence.
  • edited November 2022
    So we seem to be playing 4-3-3

MacGillivray
    Clare - Mitchell - Lavelle - Chin
    Henry - Forster-Caskey - McGrandles
    Kanu - Payne - Campbell

Not sure though if its more of a front two of Kanu | Campbell, with Payne drifting around them
  • Oof, Chin surrounded by 3 players plays a dangerous ball across the pitch, but luckily it just evades a Brighton forward and we're able to steer it back ti MacGillivray.
  • Who is co-commentator tonight?
  • Great switch from Chin to Clare, who bombs down the left, but his cross is cut out. JFC nips in to retrieve the ball but we can't do much with it.
  • Who is co-commentator tonight?
    Danny Sendar? U18s coach
  • Brighton caught out by Henry about 15 yards from their box, but then foul him to concede a free kick.
  • OOOH! Henry's free kick just whizzes wide of the left hand post.
  • Lovely effort from Aaron Henry who won and took a FK outside the box (centre)

Dont think Beadle was getting to that.