Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread + (Post-match p11) Charlton v Brighton Under 21s - Papa Johns - Tues 02/11/2022

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
My team for tomorrow:
McGillvray
Clare Lavelle Thomas Chin
Morgan Mc Grandles Foster-Caskey Campbell
Kanu Stockley

Comments

• Think Stockley needs a rest
  • I've lost track of suspensions, but if Innis is available tomorrow but suspended on Saturday, I'd play him.

I assume Payne will play also, or Kirk is we need another regular because of EFL rules
  • Can we still go through to the next round? 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Valley11 said:
    Can we still go through to the next round? 
    Doubtful if we play Kirk
    It’s the way he tells ‘em. 
    Think Stockley needs a goal
  • Don’t forget fellow Addicks whichever way you might be following tonight’s match it’s a 7.00pm kick off.
  • We should be up against James Beadle in goal for Brighton he's been playing in the previous rounds for them. 
    Possibly, or he may be in need of confidence. If it is the latter, he should be involved.
  • RedChaser said:
    Don’t forget fellow Addicks whichever way you might be following tonight’s match it’s a 7.00pm kick off.
    Cheers mate, had presumed it was a later start
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    My team for tomorrow:
    McGillvray
    Clare Lavelle Thomas Chin
    Morgan Mc Grandles Foster-Caskey Campbell
    Kanu Stockley

I've lost track of suspensions, but if Innis is available tomorrow but suspended on Saturday, I'd play him.

I assume Payne will play also, or Kirk is we need another regular because of EFL rules
    Not sure it will be that strong a line up think you will see stronger one on Saturday and next Tuesday 

only 4 players now have to play tonight who played last Saturday or this Saturday coming including named subs 
  • If we are going to sacrifice one comp over the next week most likey to be this one .. 
  • Is this one being streamed on charlton tv ?
    Possibly, or he may be in need of confidence. If it is the latter, he should be involved.
    I agree that he needs a confidence boost but he also needs a rest. Rest him tonight and play him on Saturday?
  • AndyG said:
    Is this one being streamed on charlton tv ?
    Yes £10 for match day pass.
  • RedChaser said:
    AndyG said:
    Is this one being streamed on charlton tv ?
    Yes £10 for match day pass.
    Snip.
  • Valley11 said:
    Yes if we win or draw and then win on penalties for an extra point IIRC. Hartlepool knocked us out on pens last season in the Quarter Final, after we had taken the lead and I had the misfortune to be there. Strong side out that night as well😞. Hartlepool went on to lose to Rotherham in the semi final also on pens with the latter winning the final beating SuttonUtd aet.
  • RedChaser said:
    Valley11 said:
    Yes if we win or draw and then win on penalties for an extra point IIRC. Hartlepool knocked us out on pens last season in the Quarter Final, after we had taken the lead and I had the misfortune to be there. Strong side out that night as well😞. Hartlepool went on to lose to Rotherham in the semi final also on pens with the latter winning the final beating SuttonUtd aet.
    Thanks @RedChaser
  • Sponsored links:

• The next three games will tell us some more about how skilfully or not Ben Garner is when deploying his playing resources.
    I think his guiding principle should be that we ought to win all three.
  • I'm sure he'll try and win all 3 but I think his guiding principle will be not to take unnecessary risk with injured/tired players. He'll look to rest a lot tonight, a few on Saturday and next Tuesday will see closer to as full strength as he can get. 

I would trade 3 cup defeats if it meant we could win our next 3 league games. 
  • I expect a strong team on Saturday in the FA Cup to make sure we get through. There are plenty of players who need game time in the other matches -JFC, Mc Grandles, Payne,McGillvray-and Stockley could do with a few easy  goals
  • On Instagram they've used a picture of MacG in their story to promote the game tonight. A fairly good bet that he plays tonight
  • I've lost track of suspensions, but if Innis is available tomorrow but suspended on Saturday, I'd play him.

I think it is a one game ban for two yellows leading to a red.
  • Going and hoping for a win - losing to an U21 side no matter who is out playing for us will not feel great and would take the gloss off our remarkable comeback in the 4-4 draw at the weekend (now watched on catch up - loved it). 2-0 Addicks
  • edited November 2022
    So to advance to the next round... We need

- Charlton win
     - Draw | Win on penalties, as our Goal Difference is better than Gillingham's

If we lose, or draw and lose on penalties then we're out of the competition

We're also the last game to be played in the Southern Section, and cannot win the Group - Meaning that if we advance we'll be facing one of: 

Wimbledon | Milton Keynes | Stevenage | Plymouth | Forest Green | Chelsea U21 | Ipswich | Colchester

The other teams through from the Southern Section are

Arsenal U21 | Sutton United | Newport County | Bristol Rovers | Peterborough United | Cheltenham Town | Portsmouth
  • Redrobo said:
    I've lost track of suspensions, but if Innis is available tomorrow but suspended on Saturday, I'd play him.

I think it is a one game ban for two yellows leading to a red.
    His second red of the season, so an extra game ban though
  • I’m on stage again so I won’t be listening.
    Should win then 😜