Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread + (Post-match p11) Charlton v Brighton Under 21s - Papa Johns - Tues 02/11/2022

Comments

• It was Kanu's shot on target that led to the corner we scored from. Sadly he has not been on the end of our better chances. Not sure why he is not playing in the middle of this front three. He is about 6 inches taller than the other two for a start! Although it is not his ideal position.
  • Attendance of 662, a new record 
  • Who is the co commentator. When the game is on , I'm struggling to understand what he's talking about ? 
  • Nice segment on Ray (sorry didn’t get his last name) undergoing Chemotherapy at the moment. Surrounded by our Trace, KP and players. Good luck Ray. 
  • Evan Ferguson has been subbed off at HT

• Rising highest to break the deadlock.

• Second half underway - I only caught the end of the Academy discussion, did they explain why we were rejected for CAT 1?
  • Clare plays the ball forwad to Kanu near the RH corner flag his cross is cleared away.
  • Sponsored links:

• BOLLOCKS!!!!!! - Just finished the last of my chocolate
  • Brighton come forward, look like they might have sprung the offside trap but lino eventually flags.
  • Brighton come down our left, shot initially blocked by Chin, and a second attempt bobbles back to McGillivray to pick up
  • Chucking it down now. Got to be really careful not to underpass the ball, especially at the back 
  • Nice bit of passing work from Brighton down our right but Lavelle clears the cross.

• 49' Fancy feet from Campbell. The winger dances his way forward before firing wide. #cafc 1 #bhafc 0
  • Now Campbell comes forward cuts in to the middle, but his shot is veering away from goal rather than towards it.
  • Wonder how strong the team will be on Saturday then...

Thats pretty much the line up I put for Coalville - Who is Rylah?
    Rylah is an U18. Scored a few this season.  Can't be certain but think he is a winger rather than a striker.  Casey (also on the bench) has 13 from 11 games.

Mitchell looked great the two times I have seen him and one of our ex pro's who is still close to the club was raving about him to me recently.
  • Oh should be 1-1... Brighton have started slightly stronger this half
  • YIKES! Brighton come down or left, cross comes in, and their forward just makes contact under pressure from CLare but the ball squeaks just wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ almighty... Its chucking it down in SE7
  • And now down the other end, ball into the area, Chin squares to Kanu, he goes down under pressure on the penalty spot but no pen, and Brighton clear.
  • It is ABSOLUTELY PELTING DOWN now. Makes the picture slightly blurry and the audio a bit more difficult to hear.
  • Bah! Some nice work in the midfield, but Payne has the ball nicked off his toes. Good awareness from CHin to get the ball back, and Henry has a shot that rebounds off the back of the defender's head.
  • Brighton play an interesting ball down our right but it skims off the turf and our for a goal kick before they can get to it.
  • Miller equalises 
  • edited November 2022
    McGrandles gives the ball away in midfield. They score 1-1