Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• I've lodged a protest with FIFA as Fernandes is my last hope of any fantasy points this round
    You're laughing now.
  • How many nasty challenges from Uruguay will there be in the remaining minutes?
  • Retieed ref Peter Walton agreeing with the VAR decision. What a surprise 🤔
    I didn't think he agreed. 
    He said it was subjective. 
  • Surely if it’s subjective then you go with on field decision. All that did is tell the ref that his subjective decision was not in line with the subjective decision of the var team 🤣
  • I'd love to see Ghana exact revenge on Uruguay in the last game.
  • Ronaldo going down the John Aldridge route of bumping up his numbers
  • I've lodged a protest with FIFA as Fernandes is my last hope of any fantasy points this round
    You're laughing now.

Unfortunately, I swapped my captain from Kane to Richarlison instead of Fernandes. Bruno has more points than the rest of my team combined.
  • Why are ITV1 showing Netherlands v Qatar? The other game is the one to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why are ITV1 showing Netherlands v Qatar? The other game is the one to watch.
    Agreed, but the game is on ITV4.
  • Monday is The best day for goals.

78 goals so far…
    23 of them scored on Mondays.
    😎

(I know, more Monday games so far, but still…)
    Now 26 out of 81 goals so far were scored on a Monday.
    Monday averages 3.7 goals per game.
    The rest of the week averages 2.2 goals per game.
  • The worship of Ronaldo and Brazil isn't just the UK. I just watched Spanish news, and Brazil were the main protagonist, with highlights of the game, followed by the Portugal game with the Ronaldo was it/wasn't it goal, and the penalty. From the Cameroon and Senegal games, we saw one goal from each match. And that was the coverage. I really hope Brazil get knocked out quick.
    As an aside, the Portugal penalty was daft. The news described it as a hand in an unnatural position. The guy was falling and stuck his hand out - hardly an unnatural thing to do.
  • Anyone else hate the commentators on both channels? I don't mind half of the presenters but when it comes to commentators, they are terrible this year. 
  • edited November 2022
    Anyone else hate the commentators on both channels? I don't mind half of the presenters but when it comes to commentators, they are terrible this year. 
    Entirely agree, with an honourable exception for Pearcey, because he's a sweet old dude these days (and he's always done his research)

Guy Mowbray is the absolute worst. He's worse than Matterface. God I hate him
  • That Ghana v Korea game , what a match! you lucky sod Tom! 

Cameroon v Serbia wasn't too bad either, hopefully todays matches can live up to them both. 

So weird no game until 3pm :(
  • Really dont understand the scheduling for the final Group games

First set @ 3pm, then second set @ 7pm

Why not have them at 4pm | 7pm like what we've been getting so far?
  • Leuth said:
    Anyone else hate the commentators on both channels? I don't mind half of the presenters but when it comes to commentators, they are terrible this year. 
    Entirely agree, with an honourable exception for Pearcey, because he's a sweet old dude these days (and he's always done his research)

Guy Mowbray is the absolute worst. He's worse than Matterface. God I hate him
    Seriously?
    Christ, I switch over to RTÉ to avoid that clichè ridden, should have stayed on the radio, buffoon 😳
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm missing the 10am games already!
  • edited November 2022
    All this hatred over Football commentators 🤷🏻‍♂️ weird. Don't you have colleges at work who's crap voices you have/had to listen too, or bosses, employees or clients ? At least with TV you can hit the mute button if you are so sensitive.

Harry Kane made a great point about the general fitness of players is higher now as top players are used to playing every 3 or 4 days during the season as in the Summer they may have had 3 or even 4 weeks off and have to get back up to speed again.

In Euro's you can get shock winners like Denmark who were recalled from the beach to win but you don't seem to get shock winners of WC. Always a first time ?

Trying to enjoy this World cup as I recover from a broken Fibula near the ankle and life which continues to be problematical.

Missing the morning games already but gives me time to do rehab.
  • All this hatred over Football commentators 🤷🏻‍♂️ weird. Don't you have colleges at work who's crap voices you have/had to listen too, or bosses, employees or clients ? At least with TV you can hit the mute button if you are so sensitive.

Harry Kane made a great point about the general fitness of players is higher now as top players are used to playing every 3 or 4 days during the season as in the Summer they may have had 3 or even 4 weeks off and have to get back up to speed again.

In Euro's you can get shock winners like Denmark who were recalled from the beach to win but you don't seem to get shock winners of WC. Always a first time ?

Trying to enjoy this World cup as I recover from a broken Fibula near the ankle and life which continues to be problematical.

How is hating the commentators sensitive? your comment is bizarre, i'm merely stating the quality isn't my preference and i can't even think of one decent one this World cup. 

Just my opinion, i didn't realise it would be taken any other way. 

Hope you recover and get better soon on the health front. 
  • I'm missing the 10am games already!
    This one kick-off time during the day thing isn't on really.
  • Mr. Happy said:
    I'm glad to be rid of the 10am games - I can finally make a start on last Mondays 'to do' list.
    Which Monday?
  • cafctom said:
    You lot should think yourselves lucky - out here we have Keys and Gray!

makes sense they are commentating on Qatar TV. Kindred spirits. 
  • All this hatred over Football commentators 🤷🏻‍♂️ weird. Don't you have colleges at work who's crap voices you have/had to listen too, or bosses, employees or clients ? At least with TV you can hit the mute button if you are so sensitive.

I don’t hate Pearce, just think he’s stealing a living & am thankful I can switch over to the Irish channel where they’re only slightly better.
    Ronnie Whelan for instance.
    I loved him as a player but by Christ he’s completely awful on comms. Makes Roy Keane look like a nun 😳
    Again, I don’t hate him. Just think there comes a time when they should respectfully retire 😜
  • edited November 2022
    Anyone starting a match thread or have I missed it?  @AFKABartram

Henderson, Rushford, Foden and Walker all to start.

I "think" it's Mount, Trippier, Sterling and Saka to not.