Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Get in! 
  • Well done to the Commentator, really did his research over Wollacott
  • Yesss get in there, Justice! 😁
  • edited November 2022
    I missed both the 0-0 today and just got in the door drenched to see a penalty given for Ronaldo that was never a penalty in a million years.

Justice seen to be done and Joe just got a mention.

Edited 3-1 and none of the African nations look strong enough at this WC.
  • From the 14 games to date:

0-0     4
    1-0     2
    1-1     1
    2-0     2
    2-1     2
    4-1     1
    6-2     1
    7-0     1

So:

1 or less goals     6
    2 or less goals     9
    3 or less goals     11

The three games with more than 3 goals were played between teams in terms of rankings:

4 v 38
    5 v 20
    7 v 31

I would be surprised, once we get into the knock out stages, whether there will be many high scoring games. I hope that Southgate doesn't resort to a back 5 plus 2 holding midfielders. We are so much a better team with the handbrake off but I suspect that he might do so simply because of the fear that, if we go behind, in chasing the game we will leave ourselves too vulnerable to the counter. 

It's a self fulfilling statement though isn't it.  We look a much better team against the less good teams that Southgate doesn’t feel the need to play a back 5 or 2 holding midfielders.  

If we had gone gunho against Italy we might have won, we might of been thrashed.  As a manager you get to 90 minutes, then 120, without getting beaten you have done 99% of your job, haven't you? 
  • edited November 2022
    'AVE IT RONALDO YA WINKING BASTARD!!
  • Weird subs from Ghana - taking off what have seemed to be their two best players in Andrew Ayew and Koudos 
  • Sponsored links:

• JoJo saves that
  • JoJo saves that
    Yeah commentary were saying before the game that their Goalkeeper injuries have been ridiculous

The bloke in goal for them at the moment is their Third choice
  • Game over now.
  • A penny for Andre Ayew's thoughts...
  • philcafc said:
    Game over now.
    Can you post this again :)
  • Lol that goal celebration 
  • Gone from one of the shittest games in the First Half, to a decent game in the second
  • I wouldn't have predicted this scoreline after 60 minutes!
  • Would love for Ghana to pull another one back 
  • Oh wow... Ghana should be level
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Portugal keeper got out of jail there!
  • Did Pep keep the real Cancelo back in Manchester?
  • Oh wow... Ghana should be level
    That would have been a hilarious way to see them lose two points too.  Shame.

• Top stat from the BBC text commentary - the second and third Portugal goals are the first time since 1966 that a Portuguese player has made 2 assists in a world cup game.
  • 3-2 win for Portugal despite the match being 2-2. 
  • We got 90 mins of commentators sucking off Brazil over a five yard pass now. Cmon Serbia.
  • edited November 2022
    Feck off is that a Ronaldo penalty watching those replays

Looks like both Ronaldo and the Ghanian make contact with the ball at the same time
  • There was a recent goal either in the EFL or the FA Cup like the one missed by Ghana at the end 
  • Booo no Dmitrovic in goal for Serbia