Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Now Liam Miller should get a Charlton mention !
  • 5mins added??? - Canada have been robbed with that 
  • edited November 2022
    FYI i'm on the only person in my office watching this game. Canadian's all around me have gone for lunch.
  • Christ almighty... FIFA are a joke... Ive just twigged 

How the hell has this referee even been picked for the World Cup - He's the twat who was in charge of Tunisia vs Mali and blew for FT in the 85th minute
  • Kevin Francis is now Canadian (works as a Police Officer in Calgary) - he should have been called up
  • edited November 2022
    What on earth are Canada doing there. Just get it forward 
  • Belgium have got away with it...
  • The Flemmy Wallies have dodged a bullet there.

Jammy f***ers.

How the hell has this referee even been picked for the World Cup - He's the twat who was in charge of Tunisia vs Mali and blew for FT in the 85th minute
    Hence why there was only 5 mins added time instead of the usual 3 hours ...
  • Sponsored links:

• FYI i'm on the only person in my office watching this game. Canadian's all around me have gone to cut down some trees for lunch.
    Corrected
  • Belgium there giving me nostalgia feels like I just watched England in 2003
  • Oakster2 said:
    Kevin Francis is now Canadian (works as a Police Officer in Calgary) - he should have been called up
    Not surprised about Francis having such a responsible job now because most people look up to him. But then he is 6' 7''. 
  • That group is wide open, given the way that Belgium and Croatia massively underperformed.

Points there for the taking if Morocco and Canada can find a way to turn their performances into results.

Hence why there was only 5 mins added time instead of the usual 3 hours ...

Canada could have played for another 2 days and not scored. It just wasn't going to be their night
  • Catching up on the highlights from the two games tonight.

Spain looked good but Keylor Navas was absolutely terrible, wasn't he?

He was let off for that because after the game in which he blew early, he was apparently taken to hospital with heat stroke and dehydration.

I've no idea how a ref from Zambia struggles in the heat, it's not like he's Scottish so i suspect it was just a cover up excuse but that was the official word on the incident.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeaaa Liam Miller now on - No Charlton mention though, given we were the only English side he played for
    "Former Liverpool youngster" Liam Millar.

Quelle surprise, no mention that his only senior appearances in English football were at Charlton.

No one gives a toss about Charlton other than Charlton fans.  We're increasingly irrelevant the longer we stay treading water where we are sadly.
    Sometimes that's pushing it a bit too far ...
    Charlton who?

Cheltenham
  • Brazil playing tonight. Not sure I believe all the hype but let’s wait and see. 3/1 for them to win the tournament seems very short.
  • Brazil playing tonight. Not sure I believe all the hype but let’s wait and see. 3/1 for them to win the tournament seems very short.
    Might have to save this quote VG  ;) 

Could be a great game tonight, i still think on paper Brazil squad is ahead of the rest. But thankfully football is not played on paper as this World cup is showing
  • se9addick said:
    I get that Laura Woods is fit, but she’s not a great presenter 
    Each to their own, regardless of her being fit... i think she is great on sky sports/ darts and has been fairly ok here too, most people have an agenda when it comes to female commentators. There are a few rubbish ones but Laura isn't one, nor is Alex Scott (Not because of the armband incident) 

Where is your evidence for this?

I can't stand Robyn Cowen's commentary because her voice to me is the aural equivalent of scratching nails down a blackboard. Likewise never been a fan of Clive Tyldesley's sycophanticism or Sam Matterface's general ****ishness.

Whereas Alex Scott is  decent pundit and Gaby Logan an excellent anchor.

When people make comments about agendas it usually speaks of their own held prejudices... shouldn't be projected onto others because they don't immediately lap everyone up with certain identity traits. Fastback ticket to mediocrity rather than equality.

I do not feel there is any evidence i can pull up to prove this, but if you follow social media or even down the local you would see where i am coming from. 

I hear alot on both that women are rubbish commentators, whilst i do think there are a few good ones out there and that includes Laura. As i said each to their own really, i think in general there are alot of rubbish commentators and pundits about anyway
    This did make me laugh from the Serbian Manager yesterday - Should be quite a good game between them tonight. Seem to remember Serbia giving them a good game four years ago

• I didnt realise Dragan Stojkovic was their manager. What a player he was.
  • I didnt realise Dragan Stojkovic was their manager. What a player he was.

Beast of a player.
  • Doing live commentary on WC matches watched by multi millions is a difficult skill.
    Instance remarks as well as identifying players from Tunisia or Qatar must take many hours of research.

Alex Scott was spot on with her preview of Canada before the match and how Manager John Herdman's would set up his team for the high press to maximize their athletic and pacey players over the more skilful Belgium side. Good insight.

Female presenters and co-commentators are fine. The only slight issue I have is with the high pitch voice of woman commentators when a goal is scored as it reminds me of my wife and Daughter after a night out with their excited shrill voices when entering the house while I'm in the middle of meditation or discussing the merits of two up top, 4-3-3, and the high risk jeopardy of passing the ball in your own area when being closed down.

Unlike the TV I can't totally mute the voices but I find ear plugs, nodding and shaking my head, does the trick. 

Laura wood is a decent presenter.

• Honestly think the Belgium v Canada game was the worst yet.
    Not sure if it’s just because I expected so much better.
    It was League One at its worst.
    I can see Canada doing another 0 points & 0 goals again.
    And how on earth did Kevin get player of the match? 😳
  • Doing live commentary on WC matches watched by multi millions is a difficult skill.
    Instance remarks as well as identifying players from Tunisia or Qatar must take many hours of research.

Alex Scott was spot on with her preview of Canada before the match and how Manager John Herdman's would set up his team for the high press to maximize their athletic and pacey players over the more skilful Belgium side. Good insight.

Female presenters and co-commentators are fine. The only slight issue I have is with the high pitch voice of woman commentators when a goal is scored as it reminds me of my wife and Daughter after a night out with their excited shrill voices when entering the house while I'm in the middle of meditation or discussing the merits of two up top, 4-3-3, and the high risk jeopardy of passing the ball in your own area when being closed down.

Unlike the TV I can't totally mute the voices but I find ear plugs, nodding and shaking my head, does the trick. 

Laura wood is a decent presenter.

We know what you meant. Bloody autocorrect.