Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Really impressive depth in Brazil's squad. And form Premier League players too
    Agree Jesus has been in the form of his life and doesn’t start 
  • Serbia have been lucky to get 0.  They've not really had a sniff, have they?
  • No red cards in the first round
  • Neymar looks expendable. Their best player, but I suspect they play better as a team without him
  • I thought Richarlisons foot was high and potentially dangerous ,
    the defender half held back rather than if he’d thrown himself forward (probably wouldn’t have got near ) he may have had his head booted .
    beautiful looking goal so it counts 
    just like overheads they look good but one day someone will have their head badly hurt but most of the time the defender holds back 

miserable killjoy alert 
  • I thought Richarlisons foot was high and potentially dangerous ,
    the defender half held back rather than if he’d thrown himself forward (probably wouldn’t have got near ) he may have had his head booted .
    beautiful looking goal so it counts 
    just like overheads they look good but one day someone will have their head badly hurt but most of the time the defender holds back 

miserable killjoy alert 
    Not sure I would have been able to handle it if they ruled that Richarlison goal out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds amazing Tom…how are the security people…relaxed or over the top?
  • WHAddick said:
    Sounds amazing Tom…how are the security people…relaxed or over the top?
    Absolutely fine. Lots of volunteers everywhere you look, and all in great humour and spirits. Been met with nothing but kindness from the locals. 

”Metro! This Way!” is starting to catch on as a chant amongst fans now having heard it so much from the volunteers! 
  • @cafctom Have you found it easy getting between stadia in time for the next game or have you not had back to back games yet ? 

How long you out there for and what is the accommodation like? 
  • I know that moaning about VAR is getting boring, but seriously, how did VAR not see that the Ghana defender won the ball with a safe challenge?
    I and loads of other people saw it on TV with the benefit of a couple of camera angles so why can't they? They have to get these decisions right otherwise they may as well pack up and go home.

• cafctom said:

Lusail Stadium at night really is something. It’s just absolutely enormous - and guess who was sat in the very back row in ‘Level 7’?!

Enjoyed the Brazillian samba bands playing outside the stadium. Great atmosphere in the ground too.

Made friends with a fella from Hawaii who happened to be sat in front of me at two different games in two different stadiums on the same day. Of course we got onto Charlton and he shared some pictures of his one and only visit to The Valley. 

That’s one absolutely brilliant thing about this tournament - all 32 fanbases mixing in the same place, and sharing different stories and curiosities. It’s superb. 

And no violence !

It's quid pro quo where you won't get attacked by drunken fans from other countries in a Wealthy Oil rich country with 21st century technology and 14th century religious views but you have to abide with the status Quo of Qatar.(as a fan in their Country)

Most people with half a brain are conflicted but personally as I broke my Fibula two weeks ago this has been a nature send and I'm in football heaven(I'm an atheist lol) just like you @cafctom though I'm down the sofa end.

Enjoying your reports and pictures Tom 👏
  • cafctom said:
    MrOneLung said:
    @cafctom Have you found it easy getting between stadia in time for the next game or have you not had back to back games yet ? 

How long you out there for and what is the accommodation like? 
    I’ve done two games every day, with the exception of yesterday. 

Getting between stadiums is fine. The metro runs very well. There is also a free of charge ‘stadium-to-stadium’ shuttle bus that is designed purely to ensure fans get from one game to another. They have some roads closed off to ensure they aren’t held up in traffic. I took that today and was at one stadium to the next within an hour.

Overall in terms of infrastructure, transport, organisation etc - I can’t fault it one bit so far. It all works really well.

My accommodation is the with the travel partner for the England supporters club. It’s a 5* set-up, all decked out in England decor. Probably paid about £500-600 more over the ten days than those in the cabins.

I guess you made sure the Harem was out of view before you took the shot
  • Iran (possible 4-5-1) H Hosseini; Rezaeian, M Hosseini, Pouraliganji, Mohammadi; Gholizadeh, Ezatolahi, Nourollahi, Hajisafi, Taremi; Azmoun

• Another draw would be lovely this morning.
  • Another draw would be lovely this morning.
    Brain says draw, heart says بیا ایران!!!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• If the Iranian players can forget for 100 minutes what's going on back home then Wales don't win. 31 degrees so it's more about Iran than Wales and their limitations now Bale and Ramsey are past their best.

The back story will decide this result.
  • Come on Wales!
  • can they both lose
  • Feeling betrayed by these Iranian fans on the BBC at the moment

All of them sitting in Man City | Liverpool shirts

Have they forgotten Reza... Karim Bagheri that easily!!
  • If Murray and Curbishley hadn't split, those Iranians Scouse and City fans would be singing Valley Floyd Road.

Gutted.
  • Longer this game goes like this the more the ref will be wanting to give Brazil something.
    this 
    not needed after all
  • Feeling betrayed by these Iranian fans on the BBC at the moment

All of them sitting in Man City | Liverpool shirts

Have they forgotten Reza... Karim Bagheri that easily!!
    I hadn't realised Reza had retired. A Charlton legend hanging up his boots, should surely have been marked by the club  ;)
  • Come on Wales!
  • Ok. The Iranian players have been warned so the lips did move. Expect Iran to live up to their rating today.