Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Martinez has resigned as Belgium manager.
    Shocked!! - Guess he's resigned rather than wait because his contract is up anyway

Gets to walk away with dignity.
    daresay he'll be back managing in England soon (ish)
    Shocked!! - Guess he's resigned rather than wait because his contract is up anyway

No doubt his lawyer, well known in this parish, has already negotiated the terms.  He lost any dignity when he got into bed with Farnell IMO 
  • Hard to see Germany and Spain not winning tonight. Japan will be cursing not beating Costa Rica, that result threw Germany a lifeline, which I'm sure they'll take.

daresay he'll be back managing in England soon (ish)
    Definitely think he'd get a Premier League job too, Palace, Fulham, Southampton level.
  • Hard to see Germany and Spain not winning tonight. Japan will be cursing not beating Costa Rica, that result threw Germany a lifeline, which I'm sure they'll take.
    Two unlikely upsets knocks out both Spain and Germany...
  • edited December 2022
    Has Alexander-Arnold got lazy eyes? - Looks a bit boss-eyed in this ITV piece
  • Haha well done Souness
  • Has Alexander-Arnold got lazy eyes? - Looks a bit boss-eyed in this ITV piece
    A bit like his tracking back  ;)
  • Depressing that goals like the Owen one are ancient history for most of the England team. And that they only know him as that boring commentator on BT Sport!
  • so which game are people watching? 
  • Sponsored links:

• so which game are people watching? 
    Costa Rica vs Germany. 

Never been a fan of watching Spain 
  • Costa Rica haven't a chance unless they bother to attack. 
  • Well that's that then!

Both Spaniards and Germans 1 nil up inside 15 minutes.
  • edited December 2022
    Watching this in an airport in Seattle. 

Germany deserve to be winning this. Goal scored by a West Brom reject.
  • You have to hand it to Germany. They really are spawny bar stewards. They always seem to get lucky
  • As it stands, Spain will top the group and Germans will finish 2nd.

That would pit Spain against Croatia in the round of 16 in the top half of the knockout bracket while the Germans would face Morocco in England & France's half.
  • AndyG said:
    You have to hand it to Germany. They really are spawny bar stewards. They always seem to get lucky
    Japan's fault for not beating Costa Rica, the weakest team in the group.
  • AndyG said:
    You have to hand it to Germany. They really are spawny bar stewards. They always seem to get lucky
    Japan's fault for not beating Costa Rica, the weakest team in the group.
    Agreed. Costa Rica are a dreadful side, but the fact Japan changed their side for that match and got sucker punched 1-0 was criminal.
  • I'm not sure if it's the camera angle or my telly, but there's some weird optical illusion going on that makes the players look tiny once they get into the penalty area. Although I suspect the Costa Rican keeper isn't that tallest anyway, and the ref is tiny wherever she is on the pitch.
  • aliwibble said:
    I'm not sure if it's the camera angle or my telly, but there's some weird optical illusion going on that makes the players look tiny once they get into the penalty area. Although I suspect the Costa Rican keeper isn't that tallest anyway, and the ref is tiny wherever she is on the pitch.
    The different camera angles make the pitches look completely different sizes.  The angle for the England Wales game made the pitch look massive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh Costa Rica... thats gonna cost them later
  • Oof Rudiger huge mistake. Costa Rica had to convert that. Great reaction save Neuer.
  • Awful attempt at goal
  • Spain are good but this tippy tappy football can be turned on it’s head if you press in the right way. I feel better teams would upset them and force errors.
  • WOW. Great pressing by the Japanese, good shot, flappy keeping. 1-1
  • There ya go 
  • Love the Japanese fans, they're crying every time they score!
  • Dreadful goalkeeping, he has to save that. Makes it interesting now.
  • Now things are getting interesting
  • That's gone out. No goal I'm afraid.