Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ademola Lookman - nominated for Ballon D'Or (p4)

Comments

• I'm surprised there's not a long queue of top teams trying to sign him.
  • edited August 18
    No doubt they are lining up a replacement for Bakayoko, I was lucky enough to watch in Eindhoven, he is absolute mustard. PSV would be a great move for Ademola.
  • Swisdom said:
    Italian paper Gazetta and also Fabrizio Romano are reporting that Lookman asked to be left out of Atalanta's opening league game this weekend, and that PSG are interested in signing him.
    We should receive a solidarity payment for this if it happens 
    if he goes for €50m we should get around €1.5m
    How?
  • Swisdom said:
    Italian paper Gazetta and also Fabrizio Romano are reporting that Lookman asked to be left out of Atalanta's opening league game this weekend, and that PSG are interested in signing him.
    How?
    "Solidarity payments are distributed to all clubs that trained the player between his 12th and 23rd birthdays at a proportional rate depending on how long the player was at each club. Solidarity payments continue through the course of the player’s professional career each time he is transferred while under contract."
    Wait... what?

All players?
  • PSG would be interesting, Dembele and Simons are also wingers by trade but I feel AL has played centrality more than them last term 
  • Sponsored links:

• I get why he'd want to but surely PSG has disaster written all over it? Out on loan by January if he does go
  • Waterloo could also be set for a significant boost as he was there for 5 years before joining us, great to see.
    Does it cover clubs at their level? As they were Sunday league he wouldn’t have had a contract with them?
  • Scoham said:
    Waterloo could also be set for a significant boost as he was there for 5 years before joining us, great to see.
    Does it cover clubs at their level? As they were Sunday league he wouldn’t have had a contract with them?
    Guessing he was formally registered with them though.
  • aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    SWIFT transfer surely, as it's international?
    Likely some form of MT103 or MT202
  • jams said:
    I get why he'd want to but surely PSG has disaster written all over it? Out on loan by January if he does go
    To Charlton?
  • aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    Maybe a 299
  • lolwray said:
    aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    Maybe a 299
    Only normally a 299 to correct the original 202 that was badly formatted. 
  • Yes 299 is free format, 202 and 103 are payment messages...
  • Sponsored links:

• That's taken me back a few years with SWIFT payment codes.
  • edited August 20
    iaitch said:
    That's taken me back a few years with SWIFT payment codes.
    And this ladies and gentleman is how Charlton life can change a lookman  transfer rumour into a Taylor Swift thread.
    Luckily, there is no-one on the this site who might be tempted to move on from Taylor Swift (via the use of AI images of her) to the American election...

Edit: Certainly not me, oh no!
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    I assume you used transfermarkt, unfortunately they believe he was with us since age 12 which we know wasn’t the case. When you expand the details it breaks the fee down by year.

If he goes for €50m though it’s still around €1m.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/solidarityFeeCalculator/index

Ade was 16 when he joined our academy. The ages 12-16 he was at Waterloo. Suggesting we should only expect c.£750k
  • aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    It would be both. 103 is the message to the beneficiary bank advising that a transfer has been made, so in this case Charlton’s UK bank. The 202 is the bank to bank transfer of funds, so if in Euros it will be sent to the UK bank’s euro intermediary bank for them to effect an internal credit to CAFC.

Retired 3 years from the bank…hopefully, I’ll forget this shite some day!! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂
  • aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    MT103 - non-SWIFT customer payment, the other club being a non-SWIFT customer of the bank that makes the payment to our bank. 
  • lolwray said:
    aliwibble said:
    Swisdom said:
    How?
    BACS transfer, I'd guess
    Maybe a 299
    Only normally a 299 to correct the original 202 that was badly formatted. 
    More likely to send a 292 to cancel the bad 202, then a new 202.

However, you need 192 to cancel 103.
  • Chunes said:
    No doubt they are lining up a replacement for Bakayoko, I was lucky enough to watch in Eindhoven, he is absolute mustard. PSV would be a great move for Ademola.
    Dutch football and PSV good move.

Sorry Dutch domestic league is very poor as is the football.  No advantage for Lookman to move to Holland what so ever.