Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    Kitbag have our home and away shirts on sale for £36. Sale ends in about 9 hours.
    Annoyingly I ordered mine on their eBay on the 9th... Of course they've now got the sale on there too.
  • Options
    I was standing outside and can confirm that it was not busy at all. In the old days you had to queue all round the shop to get served. Yesterday you could walk straight up to the cashier. The stall across the road in Ransom Walk was busy though.
  • Options
    Went into the Castore shop last night, I don't know why they are now selling Charlton badges, bottle openers and key rings.  What is that all about?!
    Hey - traitor - we are supposed to boycotting the Charlton Castore store !!

Joking aside - was it busy ?
    I am not joking, at 17.50 I was the ONLY one in there!  There was around 7 staff standing around picking their nose.
  • Options
    Kitbag have our home and away shirts on sale for £36. Sale ends in about 9 hours.
    Thanks a lot - I'm now £113.49 poorer (but my kids are happy!)
  • Options
    Son bought a key ring from the shop last night 
  • Options
    Surely at no other Club would that be an act worthy of note/celebration. What was on the fob "Castore" written underneath the wings logo? 😎
  • Options
    All you need to do now is let him have his own key!
  • Options
    Went into the Castore shop last night, I don't know why they are now selling Charlton badges, bottle openers and key rings.  What is that all about?!

I am not joking, at 17.50 I was the ONLY one in there!  There was around 7 staff standing around picking their nose.
    Is that a common occurrence mate.
    You being in a shop/pub on your own?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Is that a common occurrence mate.
    You being in a shop/pub on your own?
    Body odour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

Oh, was that you? I looked in the window at 17:48 and thought I'd leave going in until that weirdo had finished his shopping. 
    The staff addressed the "weirdo" as Sir.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

From Beckenham's modest shop today, you could buy baseball caps, scarves, coffee mugs, badges, different coloured hoodies, away programmes.

How much they asking for the 10l tubs of emulsion mate?
    We are of course taking the piss just a little here, but the truth of it is bless them, they have one and we don’t.
    I have traveled many a mile and to many grounds over many years and cannot recall a single stadium that doesn’t have a club shop…..it’s outrageous!😡 
    Come on, this is getting silly.

We have a shop.

It's been outsourced for many years.

It's now outsourced to Castore who are stocking it poorly and expensively.

But there is a shop at the Valley.

PS the museum sells lots of Charlton stuff and even gives away scarves (donations welcome).
    I was cleaning out a load of stuff for a charity bag today and found a charlton baseball cap I bought my eldest when he was abt 7! It was official merch but I got it from a stall outside the ground. The fella told me at the time that they used to pick up unwanted stock at the end of the season and flog it the next! I've slung it in the washing machine to see if it holds up. It it's any good I'll post to the museum for you Henry. I dont think they'll get many takers for it in North London charity shop, and would be a shame to just bin it.
  • Options
    Castore can't be arsed about our kit. Don't pay them more than you need to - the money doesn't go to the club. E-bay is the way to go.
  • Options
    For anyone that's interested, Sports Direct have a load of Hummel Charlton stuff from the last couple of seasons available online. All discounted to varying degrees.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    YTS1978 said:
    For anyone that's interested, Sports Direct have a load of Hummel Charlton stuff from the last couple of seasons available online. All discounted to varying degrees.
    and if you follow @KentishAddick link to kitbag from earlier in the thread the castore are 37.50 adults 33.50 kids

https://www.kitbag.com/en/?query=Charlton&_ref=p-SRP:m-SEARCH
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Sports Direct knocking out Castore Charlton gear too it seems.

Am I reading this wrong or is it £30 CHEAPER to buy this season's training top on sports direct than it is on the club website?! 

£60 on sports direct 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/castore-cafc-pm-jkt-sn24-374757#colcode=37475708

£90 for the same item on club shop

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/products/copy-of-mens-players-training-anthem-jacket

Or am I misreading/ misunderstanding?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

Sports Direct knocking out Castore Charlton gear too it seems.

Am I reading this wrong or is it £30 CHEAPER to buy this season's training top on sports direct than it is on the club website?! 

£60 on sports direct 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/castore-cafc-pm-jkt-sn24-374757#colcode=37475708

£90 for the same item on club shop

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/products/copy-of-mens-players-training-anthem-jacket

Or am I misreading/ misunderstanding?
    seems correct but only do sizes for those dangerously underweight among us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Gribbo said:

From Beckenham's modest shop today, you could buy baseball caps, scarves, coffee mugs, badges, different coloured hoodies, away programmes.

How much they asking for the 10l tubs of emulsion mate?
    We are of course taking the piss just a little here, but the truth of it is bless them, they have one and we don’t.
    I have traveled many a mile and to many grounds over many years and cannot recall a single stadium that doesn’t have a club shop…..it’s outrageous!😡 
    Come on, this is getting silly.

We have a shop.

It's been outsourced for many years.

It's now outsourced to Castore who are stocking it poorly and expensively.

But there is a shop at the Valley.

PS the museum sells lots of Charlton stuff and even gives away scarves (donations welcome).
    I was cleaning out a load of stuff for a charity bag today and found a charlton baseball cap I bought my eldest when he was abt 7! It was official merch but I got it from a stall outside the ground. The fella told me at the time that they used to pick up unwanted stock at the end of the season and flog it the next! I've slung it in the washing machine to see if it holds up. It it's any good I'll post to the museum for you Henry. I dont think they'll get many takers for it in North London charity shop, and would be a shame to just bin it.
    sorry @YTS1978 only just seen this.

Yes, we'd love to have it
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And I bet they somehow manage to make a profit on it too.
    Of course, the markup on all this tut is huge, even at Beckenham's level
  • Options
    I just received a marketing email from the club promoting Castore discounts. Out of interest I followed the link and found nothing Charlton related why on earth would I pay inflated prices for brands I've never heard of and no obvious Charlton connection?

Utter mugs.

Black Friday  |  View in browser                

Black Friday Event  |  Shop Castore Products                                      

Dear Mr Tubby,

Black Friday has arrived at Castore! 

Visit Castore.com for daily offers throughout November and up to 50% off selected items.

#BetterNeverStops

Best regards,

Castore

SHOP NOW 

Because Better Never Stops.
  • Options
    I hope the geezer on Ransom Walk makes bundles.
  • Options
    Looking to get the infant home kit for the boy for Xmas. Website says sold out. Been sold out for months. It's a decent kit this year, shame I can't buy it. An opportunity for the boy to get more attached to the club passes by.
  • Options
    Looking to get the infant home kit for the boy for Xmas. Website says sold out. Been sold out for months. It's a decent kit this year, shame I can't buy it. An opportunity for the boy to get more attached to the club passes by.
    don't even get me started. we had a legitimately gorgeous third kit last year (different make but still emphasises the point) I had non-charlton fans tell me- let alone us - that they would have paid Prem team standard money, or collectors money for that black and gold kit. can't and couldn't get it. can't even find it on e-bay. imagine having man u and spurs fans asking you for a secret charlton fans link to buy a kit and having to tell them sorry, I can't even get it.