Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:
    quick sizing question

my soon to be 13 year old has suddenly asked for a Charlton shirt
    He is around 5'7''-5'8''

what size shirt should I order ?
    Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
    I can't comment on clothes sizes, but aren't kids clothes VAT free, whilst adults aren't?
    Yes they are.
    That's the reason ElfsborgAddick refused to grow.

:'(
    I even get in for Under 16's.
  • Options
    I ordered a shirt for my niece from the store online on 23rd March. It was heavily reduced but I paid a fiver or so postage. I didn’t at the time know when I would next be at the valley so didn’t think of waiting to go to the shop. 
    I’ve still not even had a msg to say it has been dispatched. 

I’ve read into the smaller print which says dispatch is typically 7-10 days after order and it does say it processes orders on week days and Saturdays as far as I could understand and I appreciate there has been a bank holiday too however we have had match days so there have been staff there.

I emailed them midway through last week to ask if it was dispatched because I got tickets for the game on Saturday and thought I could pick it up instead of them posting, however my email bounced back as undelivered despite using the email link on their email as they have an invalid email address!

I then found another email address on their website or on my confirmation email and used that which worked but no reply as yet. I didn’t get a response and found another email address for the store but again, no response. One of them I received an auto reply to say they’d received my email.  

Has anyone else had any joy ordering anything recently and have confidence that over 2 weeks after placing an order and making payment it’ll arguably turn up? 

My niece is coming to the game tomorrow and really hoped to wear the shirt. She asked for it as she starts a football club next week. 

Am I being impatient or is this terribly poor service? 
  • Options
    Terribly poor.
  • Options
    Not had and probs with deleivery time but the online store is absolute crap, have ordered twice from them this year and both times they have missed an item or said it was not in stock, then I either see that same item in the clubshop or still for sale on the website weeks after. I also emailed them to ask if they had any of the black goalkeeper kits in xl for me to which they said no, went into the clubshop on the family fun day and there were tonnes of them. Also a lot of prices online seem to be different to the clubshop. Would def recommend just going into the shop if it is possible for you.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Not had and probs with deleivery time but the online store is absolute crap, have ordered twice from them this year and both times they have missed an item or said it was not in stock, then I either see that same item in the clubshop or still for sale on the website weeks after. I also emailed them to ask if they had any of the black goalkeeper kits in xl for me to which they said no, went into the clubshop on the family fun day and there were tonnes of them. Also a lot of prices online seem to be different to the clubshop. Would def recommend just going into the shop if it is possible for you.
    An embarrassing shambles is all one can say.
    It seems like there are two different establishments with differing stock levels. One at the shop itself and another elsewhere……is that the case?
  • Options
    Online shop is bloody awful 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    An embarrassing shambles is all one can say.
    It seems like there are two different establishments with differing stock levels. One at the shop itself and another elsewhere……is that the case?
    I beleive so. whatever they are doing its a shambles. I hope you get your order soon.
  • Options
    For games that I miss I order the programme online. The last time I did this (Carlisle), I was also charged the £1.50 admin fee so the total was £5.
  • Options
    I did an online chat last night and received an email this morning to say that they have no stock and they will refund me......but it could take 7 days for a refund to reach me. 

Absolute joke. 

My niece was going to come to the game tonight hoping to wear her new shirt ahead of her football training next week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    awww bless you @T_C_E that's very kind of you. 
    She's 11, but pretty tall, she wanted the away White shirt, so I'm going to head to the shop tonight to see what I can find before the game in case their stocks are different or if I can get her a small women's shirt as an alternative for her to grow into. Will keep you posted, thank you very much! 
  • Options
    The club shop inexplicably use Evri to “deliver” so if you do manage to get confirmation that the shop has shipped it you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that Evri will have thrown it in a bush somewhere, possibly, near your general postcode if you’re very lucky….
  • Options
    Calendars now £2
  • Options
    Calendars now £2
    for 2023? 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    The club shop inexplicably use Evri to “deliver” so if you do manage to get confirmation that the shop has shipped it you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that Evri will have thrown it in a bush somewhere, possibly, near your general postcode if you’re very lucky….
    if only I'd got that far! 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:
    quick sizing question

my soon to be 13 year old has suddenly asked for a Charlton shirt
    He is around 5'7''-5'8''

what size shirt should I order ?
    Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
    I can't comment on clothes sizes, but aren't kids clothes VAT free, whilst adults aren't?
    Yes they are.
    That's the reason ElfsborgAddick refused to grow.

:'(
    I even get in for Under 16's.
    That’s stronging it a bit ain’t it?
    You may wear the sportswear of a teenager, but come on :-)