Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train Strike Saturday 1st October-Oxford [H]

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:
    If that strike goes ahead,any sympathy & support for therm strikers will go completely out of the window,the workers themselves should say no to their union for that day…or I can see a lot of anger coming their way from the mugged off paying public…
    This absolutely. 
    Striking at the weekend does nothing but slap the faces of the ever lessening number of people who support your actions….
    Yep.

Previously the rail unions have never organised strikes at weekends as the idea was to cause maximum disruption to businesses in the hope that those businesses will then look to exert pressure on the government to broker a resolution.

Now they know if they strike on a work day loads of people will just work from home, so they've now changed to trying to fuck up peoples social lives instead. Ordinary working peoples social lives. 

It's not even about their workers rights or conditions really. They're on a much wider crusade.
    According to the Daily Mail, but not in reality. 
    No one wants to strike, you lose money, and they’re a risk you’ll lose your job, and if you think these railway workers are all communists who want to bring down capitalism, we’ll I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. 
    Most of the rank and file probably aren't commies or class war nutters, same simply isn't true of several zealots in senior positions on union executives.  RMT's Mick Lynch chief among them.  He doesn't need me to defend him from risible scandal rags like the daily fail or gobshite gammons like Piers Morgan but  Lynch's salary from the RMT is around £85k - about the same as an MP's basic - fricking delightful sum for most of us - but nothing like the £125k+ bollocks that the right wing liars peddle as "fact".
  • Options
    Having to miss this game as the last train to Basingstoke from Waterloo is 17.45 and nothing from Paddington to reading. Of course nothing from Charlton to Waterloo otherwise no problem.

I am not driving round, so 3rd home game missed in 24 years.
    I think I’ll probably go and leave early (for only the 2nd time, not including protests) to make sure I get the 1745.  Odds on me sitting on that semi-slow service thinking “why the f*** did I bother”??
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    PWR so sorry if I've raised something that has already been mentioned.

Just been brought to my attention that its the London Marathon on Sunday & there are already road closures in & around Woolwich. Is this true?  How will this impact the area around the ground if more people are having to either drive or get the bus. I was looking at getting the bus from Eltham (161 ?) but believe these have been held up in traffic this week. 

Any thoughts/ ideas / knowledge ?  Usually drive & park near the park and usually when the Marathon is on roads around there have cones & other stuff out but not usually any restrictions. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    PWR so sorry if I've raised something that has already been mentioned.

Just been brought to my attention that its the London Marathon on Sunday & there are already road closures in & around Woolwich. Is this true?  How will this impact the area around the ground if more people are having to either drive or get the bus. I was looking at getting the bus from Eltham (161 ?) but believe these have been held up in traffic this week. 

Any thoughts/ ideas / knowledge ?  Usually drive & park near the park and usually when the Marathon is on roads around there have cones & other stuff out but not usually any restrictions. 
    Nothing is closed until 4am on the day of the marathon 

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:
    If that strike goes ahead,any sympathy & support for therm strikers will go completely out of the window,the workers themselves should say no to their union for that day…or I can see a lot of anger coming their way from the mugged off paying public…
    This absolutely. 
    Striking at the weekend does nothing but slap the faces of the ever lessening number of people who support your actions….
    Yep.

Previously the rail unions have never organised strikes at weekends as the idea was to cause maximum disruption to businesses in the hope that those businesses will then look to exert pressure on the government to broker a resolution.

Now they know if they strike on a work day loads of people will just work from home, so they've now changed to trying to fuck up peoples social lives instead. Ordinary working peoples social lives. 

It's not even about their workers rights or conditions really. They're on a much wider crusade.
    No one wants to strike, you lose money, and they’re a risk you’ll lose your job, and if you think these railway workers are all communists who want to bring down capitalism, we’ll I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. 
    Most of the rank and file probably aren't commies or class war nutters, same simply isn't true of several zealots in senior positions on union executives.  RMT's Mick Lynch chief among them.  He doesn't need me to defend him from risible scandal rags like the daily fail or gobshite gammons like Piers Morgan but  Lynch's salary from the RMT is around £85k - about the same as an MP's basic - fricking delightful sum for most of us - but nothing like the £125k+ bollocks that the right wing liars peddle as "fact".
    What’s a gammon?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:
    This absolutely. 
    Yep.

What’s a gammon?
    It's a dubious, some might say racist, stereotype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammon_(insult)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    CatAddick said:
    Having to miss this game as the last train to Basingstoke from Waterloo is 17.45 and nothing from Paddington to reading. Of course nothing from Charlton to Waterloo otherwise no problem.

I am not driving round, so 3rd home game missed in 24 years.
    I think I’ll probably go and leave early (for only the 2nd time, not including protests) to make sure I get the 1745.  Odds on me sitting on that semi-slow service thinking “why the f*** did I bother”??
    I thought about that but I assume you are going by bus or walk to O2. Have to leave about 4.30 I guess. Stayed over in Woolwich after the Cambridge game at a cost of £147 not doing that again.
  • Options
    There was a thankfully short-lived craze when I was in secondary school for randomly slapping somebody hard on the face/ cheek and shouting "gammon".
    Needless to say the thugs, bullies and scum of Abbey Wood Comprehensive delighted in this amusing addition to their repertoire.
  • Options
    It seems the club have gratefully accepted my free marketing consultancy and are now promoting the Valley Express as a way to get around the rail strike and lack of parking on Saturday.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Fumbluff said:
    This absolutely. 
    Yep.

Take a deep breath  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    London Marathon being affected by these strikes on 1st isn’t it?

One of the biggest charity earners of the year being affected makes this an incredibly selfish action. 
    Potentially so... Marathon is on the 2nd October.

So wont be surprised if all Services arent back to normal until something like 9-10am
    They are running extra trains on the Sunday