Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Weymouth v Wimbledon
  • Coalville Town…Christ on a bike
  • _MrDick said:
    Coalville … where is that? 
    About 8 miles from me  at Hinckley, j22 of M1
  • Glad it's home as I'm away that weekend
  • Burton Albion v Needham Market
  • Got to love that if you're a Coalville supporter or player
  • So we're playing a cricket presenter!
  • Torquay or Hampton & Richmond v Derby
  • Crewe v Leyton Orient
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    Got to love that if you're a Coalville supporter or player
    Their bank manager will be disappointed when they see the attendance. Great day out for the players and fans though.
  • Barnet v Chelmsford City
  • Woking v Oxford Utd
  • Cheltenham v Alvechurch
  • Southern League Premier Central 7th tier.
  • Coalville. 25 mins north west of Leicester. 30 mins south of Derby. 30 mins south east of Burton.
  • Happy with the draw tbf, would much prefer that then Bolton away, great draw for Coalville. Bet they're delighted.
    Planning to fly over for this one once the dates confirmed 
  • Chance to be on TV I guess, especially if they sniff an upset
  • Hearing some of the names now in the National League. Oldham…former Premier League. Hartlepool and Dagenham and Redbridge who were L1 when we won it in 2012. Scary to see how so many teams have fallen
  • edited October 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Chance to be on TV I guess, especially if they sniff an upset
    Zero chance with Charlton at home

When we had Truro @ home, remember hearing that the game would have been on TV had it been in Cornwall (what with them being the first Cornish team to reach the First Round), but because the Non-League team weren't at home, they dont tend to bother, as the chances of an upset are significantly smaller.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coalville. 25 mins north west of Leicester. 30 mins south of Derby. 30 mins south east of Burton.
    I bet you did not look that up either.
  • edited October 2022
    sam3110 said:

When we had Truro @ home, remember hearing that the game would have been on TV had it been in Cornwall (what with them being the first Cornish team to reach the First Round), but because the Non-League team weren't at home, they dont tend to bother, as the chances of an upset are significantly smaller.
    Ipswich, Pompey and Derby all away to non-league opposition are likely to be first choices.

Not sure how many get on TV but a decent chance they choose South Shields v Forest Green or Bolton v Barnsley before ours you would think.
  • edited October 2022
    Anyone fancy the away day if they get a replay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCR_5vJFn4k
  • You know you've sunk pretty low when you get drawn against a team you've never heard of.
  • sam3110 said:

Ipswich, Pompey and Derby all away to non-league opposition are likely to be first choices.

Not sure how many get on TV but a decent chance they choose South Shields v Forest Green or Bolton v Barnsley before ours you would think.
    Six 1st Round games got picked by BT Sport and ITV for coverage last season. 
  • What league do they play in?
  • edited October 2022
    Fumbluff said:
    Coalville Town…Christ on a bike
    I saw them play Peterborough Sports in the play-offs last season.  They'll have about 2,000 in SE7, some dodgy geezers as well.
    Ex mining town, a few 'herberts' around, but nothing out of the ordinary. I reckon they'll sellout the JS tbh.