Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker - Sacked by Bournemouth (Ed. Sacked by Brugge)

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone said "could do a job for us at this level" yet?

If not can it go on record that it was me, please?
  • Options
    I can’t believe we’re still debating the Europe thing. I had just started to let it go and move on a few years ago and then he came back to the Valley with Fulham (?) and instead of keeping his head down and taking the abuse that 1) he must have known he deserved and 2) many other players get for doing far less, he was arrogant enough to actually start arguing with someone in the NL. I can’t even recall the last time I saw that, let alone for a player who literally deserved everything he got. Self-absorbed, arrogant wanker.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    swordfish said:
    Croydon said:
    Really dont get all the vitriol on here. I was gutted when he left and personally feel it was the start of our demise, but I have never seen a better or more committed player in my 50 odd years of watching Charlton. I have it on good authority that he has a lot of affection for Charlton and appreciated all the club did for him. As for his sacking very harsh but listening to him after the game there was obviously a disconnect between him and the board so best decision for both.
    wasn't exactly committed though and that's the problem
    You must be thinking of someone else. I can't recall seeing him ever give less than his all in a Charlton shirt.
    how committed was he sitting in his Bentley refusing to train, club captain and highest paid player in the clubs history, saying sell me sell me (whilst refusing to hand in a transfer request and forsaking his cut.

as I said earlier

little c***
    The quote I was referencing in my post related to his playing style, as the original poster was alluding to. I expressed my views on Club loyalties these days earlier on in this thread, but despite my fury at his departure at the time, I'm over it and choose to remember how much he entertained and contributed when he did play for us. Happy days 😎
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I can’t believe we’re still debating the Europe thing. I had just started to let it go and move on a few years ago and then he came back to the Valley with Fulham (?) and instead of keeping his head down and taking the abuse that 1) he must have known he deserved and 2) many other players get for doing far less, he was arrogant enough to actually start arguing with someone in the NL. I can’t even recall the last time I saw that, let alone for a player who literally deserved everything he got. Self-absorbed, arrogant wanker.
    I was down the front in the family stand for this one with my eldest boy. It was a nothing end of season game I think. Parker came over to take a few corners and there were plenty of verbals between him and a few people in our bit and the the covered end. It clearly affected him and he lost his shit. It was pretty funny although certainly not language suitable for the family stand from both sides! My boy said to me on the train back "that number 7 (or whatever he was) was a right c-nt". The things you pick up at football eh?
  • Options
    Parker was Taylor before Taylor. Both refused to play, both deserve to disdain of the fans. They both could have played out their contracts and everyone would have wished them well, but instead they both behaved like cnuts. This is football, and grudges last forever. 
  • Options
    Parker was Taylor before Taylor. Both refused to play, both deserve to disdain of the fans. They both could have played out their contracts and everyone would have wished them well, but instead they both behaved like cnuts. This is football, and grudges last forever. 
    Not a given. For some they do, for others they don't. Very much an individual choice. I'm not being critical of anyone who holds that view, but it's not one I share.
  • Options
    Not the same though, as Parker did it during a transfer window when players all over the country will be trying to force a move. We could and SHOULD have brought in a replacement as we had enough notice that Parker wanted to go. I see Leicester have brought in a new CB today to replace Fofana who moved to Chelsea, and who missed a few games while the move was happening.

When Taylor walked out, we had no ability to bring anyone else in.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Parker, Taylor and Kermongant all refused to play for the club and are all viewed differently to each other by the fans

not me though, they're all c***s in my eyes
  • Options
    Parker signed contracts early on when he was being courted by PL clubs, for no doubt more money or probably cash payments to his parents.  I remember, when I cared about these things, that Spurs were trying to poach him when he was around Lilleshall age.

Quite a few pros of his era have stated what he did to get the Chelsea move through was on a personal level the right thing for an individual.  I remember Andy Hunt when he went from Kettering to Newcastle, being advised on the Kettering bus not to play that day.  As he told it the ex pros were disgusted that the Kettering mgt even considered playing him before his big move.  You can have your perspective on someone's choices and disagree with them, but being a grown man and willing to verbally assault another man for it is utter gutter disgusting human behaviour. 

Through Parker staying with us when other clubs tried to a Defoe on him, earnt us 10 million.  I'll remember him as a top 5 player I've seen for us.  I certainly don't begrudge him responding to neanderthal men-children giving him dog's abuse. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, with little Scotty said to be in contention for the Hull vacancy, any thoughts on "Scotty's touchline wardrobe: The Next Generation"?

How's about? ..... hmm, perhaps too "Grimsby".

• Options
    The way in which SP left was unacceptable - but I, personally, don't really get the hatred (especially after all this time).  The majority of footballers are not fans of the club they play for (notable exceptions like Haaland and Foden).  It's just a job.  Parker was offered a big pay rise and chance to play for a top premier club with Champions league football.  In football, particularly, all players have an early end to their career - they don't all go onto well paid jobs.  Have to think of families and the future.  How many on here would turn down a 50%+ pay rise for the sake of the customers (fans)...that they don't really have emotional ties to.  The days of players at one club for life are long gone.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    swordfish said:
    Croydon said:
    Really dont get all the vitriol on here. I was gutted when he left and personally feel it was the start of our demise, but I have never seen a better or more committed player in my 50 odd years of watching Charlton. I have it on good authority that he has a lot of affection for Charlton and appreciated all the club did for him. As for his sacking very harsh but listening to him after the game there was obviously a disconnect between him and the board so best decision for both.
    wasn't exactly committed though and that's the problem
    You must be thinking of someone else. I can't recall seeing him ever give less than his all in a Charlton shirt.
    how committed was he sitting in his Bentley refusing to train, club captain and highest paid player in the clubs history, saying sell me sell me (whilst refusing to hand in a transfer request and forsaking his cut.

as I said earlier

little cunt
    The quote I was referencing in my post related to his playing style, as the original poster was alluding to. I expressed my views on Club loyalties these days earlier on in this thread, but despite my fury at his departure at the time, I'm over it and choose to remember how much he entertained and contributed when he did play for us. Happy days 😎
    I read @Croydon comment to mean the way he left not Parkers playing style. 
  • Options
    How he ever got the job in the first place is beyond me he will be looking to come to us next 
  • Options
    He probably hasn't even ever bothered watching the film "In Brugge"
  • Options
    Norwich were, apparently, seriously looking at him 
  • Options
    It was the snazzy knitwear which got him the job
  • Options
    I was in Bruges the day before yesterday. Just thought I'd share that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agent Parker 😉
  • Options
    Was in Bruges a couple of weeks ago, Gleeson and Farrell are right it's a Shithole.
  • Options
    Was in Bruges a couple of weeks ago, Gleeson and Farrell are right it's a Shithole.
    You joking? I've been twice this year, beautiful city 
    agree - lovely place for a short break (Ghent too)
  • Options
    Fantastic news for Charlton's biggest ever Judas. 
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantastic news for Charlton's biggest ever Judas. 
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
  • Options
    The club website announcement made me lol.  

It was like company reference for a piss poor performance.

Which I guess it was.
  • Options
    You joking? I've been twice this year, beautiful city 
    agree - lovely place for a short break (Ghent too)
    Went to both over new year. Great places to visit but expensive though