Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker - Sacked by Bournemouth (Ed. Sacked by Brugge)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Bad bad manager, Fulham should have walked the league when he was manager and the scraped through. Bournemouth should have got 2nd easily last season and they nearly blew it. 
    Getting beat 9v0 in a premier league game is a disgrace.  
    Wasn't seen as a sacking offence for Ralf Rabbit hutch at Soton though was it, and they managed to stay up. Bit of an overreaction re Parker if you ask me. That said, I'm not convinced he's that good, but I don't think he's crap either.
  • Nicely set up for him to now take over from Garner......

We all know that we only get promoted with an ex-player in charge 😃
    Errr Lennie Lawrence, Jimmy Seed, Andy Nelson…..

Nelson OUT!
  • swordfish said:
    Nicely set up for him to now take over from Garner......

Nelson OUT!
    You village idiot 😉

“Golfie is seldom wrong” 😉
  • edited August 2022
    it did appear that Parker was looking to be sacked after the post Liverpool inverview and probably only staying around for the pay off !  Can't really blame him with the lack of investment in the squad although they have had a tough few opening fixtures  
  • swordfish said:

Nelson OUT!
    You village idiot 😉
    How dare you Sir? Why, I'll have you know that I live in a small town 😎
  • bobmunro said:
    The owners didn't like his cardigan.
    Cardiism is rife in football and on this site
    Exactly. I have a fine collection of cardigans and am not ashamed to admit it.
    Cardigans are cool.
    We’ll get a thicker one then
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    Bad bad manager, Fulham should have walked the league when he was manager and the scraped through. Bournemouth should have got 2nd easily last season and they nearly blew it
    Getting beat 9v0 in a premier league game is a disgrace.  
    So, if the definition of "nearly blew" promotion and having "scraped through" is being six points clear of the Play Offs, what is the definition of missing out on being Champions by two points? Equally, Fulham did have someone in Mitrovic who broke all records with 43 League goals last season!
  • The owners didn't like his cardigan.
    Cardiism is rife in football and on this site
    The word is actually, 'cardigism'
  • Swisdom said:
    More to it.  His interviews at the weekend suggested he was at war with the owners so this was on the cards

Forgetting the history of Cafc and the personal animosity of many Charlton fans towards Scott Parker, the toy throwing lad  was correct in saying publicly that they are short of players as Bournemouth would've been this season's Norwich. 
  • Surprised he didn't demand to leave.
  • Swisdom said:
    More to it.  His interviews at the weekend suggested he was at war with the owners so this was on the cards

Forgetting the history of Cafc and the personal animosity of many Charlton fans towards Scott Parker, the toy throwing lad  was correct in saying publicly that they are short of players as Bournemouth would've been this season's Norwich. 
    I must say when he left as an player I thought he was almost world class.  He should have achieved soooo much more as a player.  I can see why his head got turned but you could easily argue his agent ruined a chunk of his career.  

as a manager he doesn’t inspire me much so this is really no surprise.  Much like Bowyer, having players play in your image will only get you so far.  You will get found out tactically regardless of buffoonery behind the scenes
  • Sponsored links:

• Putting aside any Charlton-related animosity towards him i don't get those who say he's a bad manager. He's only been a manager since 2019 and already has 2 promotions to his name. A lot of managers never get that in a whole career.

In the one game they had this season against a remotely similar level of opposition they won. The 3 games he lost were to Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Their squad is woefully inadequate for the PL and barring a miracle they will probably finish up in a top 10 list for lowest ever PL points totals.
    The only manager to achieve 2 promotions to the Premier league at a younger age is Paul Jewell.  Of all people.
  • Are people still angry about how and why he left Charlton? 

Bournemouth did him a favour to sack him. He can accept the pay off and not have another relegation on his CV.

I don't know what makes him the devil? 

The Liverpool thrashing was obviously shambolic and shameful, but I'm pretty certain he will get another job somewhere else. 

He might do better to have 18months off and  rest it out for a bit. Recharge his dry your eyes mate batteries.  
  • Bournemouth are right to husband the premiership money to keep going, but unless Parker deliberately lost in a fit of pique, then is it reasonable for the Bournemouth board to expect
    Parker to make bricks with no straw?
  • swordfish said:

Nelson OUT!
    I’m surprised he got the job in the first place what with having only one arm and one eye.
  • Off_it said:
    So many comments tainted by personal grievances. 

Sacking a manager after 4 games when you've let him sign nobody is absolutely ridiculous. But hey, "he stamped his feet". 
    Too right. Imagine the scenes if Parker was appointed here and Taylor was his first signing. 
  • Shame.
    No more comic MOTD moments as whiny Scotty in his £700 cardy attempts to say something vaguely intelligible in post-match interviews.
    I'll miss the little squirt.
  • He will sign for Macdonalds and do a keepy uppy advert with a veggie burger.
  • Bournemouth will be nicking that Charlton chant…