Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    All over - 1-0.
  • Options
    FT 1-0
  • Options
    frustrating, didn't deserve that

• Options
    We "won" the first 60 but didn't score. They've dominated the last 30.
    Sums it all up.
  • Options
    Fuck
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
    Both teams played in the same heat
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
    Bit of a cliche here, but it is the same for both teams. Moore just got his subs right. We had 2 or 3 blowing out of their arses with 20 mins left, didn’t react and got punished. 
    They have a stronger bench. Used it and one of the subs scores 🤷‍♂️ 11 v 11 we outplayed them for most of the game.

At the end of the day it’s looking like zero points so it is what it is. I’m not trying to suggest we should get a sympathy point.

I don’t understand the problem with trying to look at things in context.
    Looking at things in context, we don’t score enough goals, if either our goalscoring midfielders don’t start scoring or we don’t sign another striker we won’t get promoted.
  • Options
    Thank you Ross for thread services. 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Bit of a cliche here, but it is the same for both teams. Moore just got his subs right. We had 2 or 3 blowing out of their arses with 20 mins left, didn’t react and got punished. 
    They have a stronger bench. Used it and one of the subs scores 🤷‍♂️ 11 v 11 we outplayed them for most of the game.

At the end of the day it’s looking like zero points so it is what it is. I’m not trying to suggest we should get a sympathy point.

We lost cause we couldn't take our chances and our Striker doesn't fit the system and won't provide enough goals.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Stubley makes a good point on comms.

Sheff Wed the highest scorers at home in 2022 across the 92. We made them look toothless for 80 minutes.
    But it was us who had most of the play, made most of the chances and yet looked toothless.

We have our own problems sure.

But there are plenty of positives to take. That’s my nature to find them.

I couldn’t imagine living life looking for negatives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All over - 1-0.
    Should never have lost this one. Must take some of our chances.

• Options
    Should have taken the first half chances. Very disappointed.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Looking at things in context, we don’t score enough goals, if either our goalscoring midfielders don’t start scoring or we don’t sign another striker we won’t get promoted.
    Simple really
  • Options
    Stubley makes a good point on comms.

Sheff Wed the highest scorers at home in 2022 across the 92. We made them look toothless for 80 minutes.
    Game isn’t played over 80 minutes.
  • Options
    A terrible final 30 from Charlton. After all the good work early on, it’s so clear that Our squad depth is nowhere near good enough if we want to go up. As soon as Fraser, CBT and Dobson tired, we’d lost. 
  • Options
    Darren Moore still looks like an absolute unit, and I'm here for it. I love the Guardiola, Garner, Klopp thinking-man type. But not enough brick shithouses in management these days. 
  • Options
    We gave that away, we need more quality up front. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Darren Moore still looks like an absolute unit, and I'm here for it. I love the Guardiola, Garner, Klopp thinking-man type. But not enough brick shithouses in management these days. 
    No coincidence Appleton has gotten better the more he's resembled a rugby league player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So gutting, to have played well against a top 5 side and to come away with nothing! 

Too complacent in the first half in the last 3rd, and haven’t scored with 3 chances! So frustrating

think stockley should have stayed on, and us being on leaburn to play instead of CBT. Subs were way too late and too reactive…

we played brilliantly for 60/70 mins, definitely needed a rak-saki to come on or even aneke battering ram! 

4 points from 3 is alright, specially against 2 of the toughest oppositions.

think innis got too complacent, and Clare too with defending and clearly frustrated so got annoyed
  • Options
    Narrow defeat by the top rated team in the league...

People melting... I'd say it was the heat, but it is the usual suspects.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!