Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Uboat said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Much needed drinks break.
    Yeah, i think I'll have one too.

Cheers. What’s everyone having? I’ll go for a Becks this time. 
    Lime Bubly for me 
    From which I deduce, if your nom de plume had not been a giveaway, you are in the land of Mr Webster, not Mr Johnson.
  • Options
    Maybe people will understand that Stockley not only is the lead striker but he allows the ball to stay up front and not have it ping straight back at our back four. We need an option and Stockley's replacement is a crock and Miles aint ready yet.
  • Options

TODAY'S ATTENDANCE: 22,363 - Thank you all for your support!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Well there's my answer. Not enough goals in this team despite what people say.
    Yeah, but we've made plenty of chances. It's just they haven't been taken.

Dont get any points for chances created. We need goalscorers
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke back Tuesday?
  • Options
    1. 86'

Post update

Foul by Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic).

2. 86'

Post update

Lee Gregory (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options

87' Important block from Clare to deny Sow. #swfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’re 1-0 down away at a promotion favourite and certain sections have gone into meltdown.

We have dominated and will win more games than we lose playing like this. Everyone agrees we need another striker.
    Although we shouldn't be losing today - and wouldn't be if we had taken just one of a plethora of chances.

• Options
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
  • Options
    No-one has said that. Everyone thinks we need another striker.
    Tbf loads of lads been telling me Stockley will score 20+ this year and someone even had a bet with me. 
  • Options
    We’re 1-0 down away at a promotion favourite and certain sections have gone into meltdown.

We have dominated and will win more games than we lose playing like this. Everyone agrees we need another striker.
    Well, at least it's the right kind of weather for melting down.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    French stubbies from Aldi, just want something cold today
    reminds me of the times used to get the stubbies of St Omer whenever over in France for the day to bring back. 
  • Options
    Bloke on Sky said it's been a "dire game".
  • Options

87' Chance! Windass so quick to latch on to a loose ball, he drove into the box and squared for Sow, whose effort looked goal-bound but was blocked!
  • Options
    1. 88'

Post update

Foul by Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic).

2. 88'

Post update

Lee Gregory (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    McGrandles is miles off the pace. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke back Tuesday?
    The two forward players Kirk and CBT have a responsibility to score as well. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bloke on Sky said it's been a "dire game".
    ‘Soporific’ on Talksport. 
  • Options
    It was clear that Stockley wasn’t the answer the first season he was with us..
    Was it....?
    Yup
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Aneke back Tuesday?
    And back injured on Wednesday.
  • Options

90+1 SIX minutes added. #swfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Six mins added
  • Options
    6 mins, We can get one back.  
  • Options
    We might not
  • Options
    Another thing I’ll say. I think we’ve been beaten by the heat as much as by the opponent. Don’t think there’ll be too many more games played in 35 degrees.
    WE had a days extra rest. Any more excuses?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    cafcpolo said:
    Score one against Derby despite the fact we should have been dead n buried at HT and one against QPR. Here were some of you midweek saying wHeRe aRe tHe GoAlS cOmInG fRoM.

No where. Slag off Golfie all you want but my god we need a striker.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that we need a striker. The problem is, we have Stockley and Chuks who are on big wages and who, when fit and played to their strengths, are good forwards at this level. The problem is, our system doesn't get the best out of Stockley, and Chuks is never fit. But unless we are willing to gamble and let one of them go, it's going to be really, really difficult getting a forward (like Sims) in as they're going to want to play. Otherwise, they're going to be some sort of development (like Leaburn) or reclamation project (like Chuks). 

This is an issue that stems from recruitment and a lack of joined of thinking in transfers. TS, MS, and co deserve a lot of criticism for that, and for seemingly not trying to rectify it in the summer. But even if we didn't have those two players, it's not like you can snap your fingers and get a mobile, technically good, goal scoring center forward in League One. I can think of maybe three or four at this level and honestly, Chuks would be one.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!