Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Payne for Fraser here? Like that if so.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Agree with others that Stockley looks completey ineffective today/in this set up. Sitting so deep that he's making passes in our own half is surely not his job
    He doesn’t suit the system.
  • Options
    Leaburn replacing JS
  • Options
    Leaburn on for Stockley
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stockley and Kirk off, Leaburn and Payne on
  • Options
    Stockley has been awful.
  • Options
    Payne on for kirk 
  • Options
    Seems Garner agrees
  • Options
    Payne again playing in the front 3, rather than midfield.
  • Options

58' Triple substitution for the Owls;
    off Dele-Bashiru Vaulks Paterson
    on Bakinson Byers Gregory 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Accrington were 3-0 down but now scored twice in 5 mins ... 2-3.

Oops! I've just done a ...... :smile:

• Options
    Interesting subs, shows that Stockers isn't untouchable when it comes to replacing players.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Ellis Sims scores again for Sunderland. 

Gabriel Jesus has scored twice for Arsenal
    No Premier league news please
    Yeah, no football talk on a football forum. 

In the days when highlights are available well before MOTD I find it strange that we are not allowed to comment on PL matches.

Its hardly the 1970's with Terry finding out by mistake how England got on.....
    Ffs @golfaddick it's been the unwritten rule on here since I qas doing the match thread. People asked politely not to put PL scores or scorers on the match threads....and now you find that to moan about! Bloody hell!
    Seems I getting a load of abuse on here today so I'm bowing out.

Before I leave I'll point out that I didnt post any PL scores (I've learnt not to) but think it's strange in 2022 that people get pissed off that they know the scores of games that they are going to watch the highlights of at 10.30pm. And I bet most of those people are either down the pub at that time or asleep on the sofa. 

As for the other things I've posted and then been picked up on & called abusive names for. I simply post the names of goalscorers that have been mentioned that we should sign & we havent. Or teams that are beating teams that I've been told are tough to beat at home.

Sorry I point out things that are true. My bad.

Goodbye & goodnight. 
    It's the heat '@golfaddick. I was looking forward to the Bishop/Piggott v Stockley/Aneke score update, so please don't go😎
  • Options
    Come back Golfie! I need my negative fix (and millwall updates, especially when they are losing).
  • Options

63' SUBS Stockley and Kirk make way for Leaburn and Payne. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Stockley taken off for Leaburn. He's been poor, but I'm not convinced Leaburn is ready to play up front on his own.

I've long wondered if Garner would consider playing with a false nine. It'd be quite tough at this level not having an out ball, but I think Payne and (if he ever comes back into the squad) JFC would be very interesting experiments. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    ross1 said:
    Ellis Sims scores again for Sunderland. 

Gabriel Jesus has scored twice for Arsenal
    No Premier league news please
    Yeah, no football talk on a football forum. 

In the days when highlights are available well before MOTD I find it strange that we are not allowed to comment on PL matches.

Its hardly the 1970's with Terry finding out by mistake how England got on.....
    Ffs @golfaddick it's been the unwritten rule on here since I qas doing the match thread. People asked politely not to put PL scores or scorers on the match threads....and now you find that to moan about! Bloody hell!
    Seems I getting a load of abuse on here today so I'm bowing out.

Before I leave I'll point out that I didnt post any PL scores (I've learnt not to) but think it's strange in 2022 that people get pissed off that they know the scores of games that they are going to watch the highlights of at 10.30pm. And I bet most of those people are either down the pub at that time or asleep on the sofa. 

As for the other things I've posted and then been picked up on & called abusive names for. I simply post the names of goalscorers that have been mentioned that we should sign & we havent. Or teams that are beating teams that I've been told are tough to beat at home.

Sorry I point out things that are true. My bad.

Goodbye & goodnight. 
    It's the heat '@golfaddick. I was looking forward to the Bishop/Piggott v Stockley/Aneke score update, so please don't go😎
    "Baby, please don't go!"

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Accrington were 3-0 down but now scored twice in 5 mins ... 2-3.

Oops! I've just done a ...... :smile:

Accrington going for the fabled quadruple Golfie. 
  • Options
    Charlton corner
  • Options
    Positive changes. Stockley doesn’t work in this system. Let’s see what Miles can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

64' Close! Payne sends an effort just wide of the post. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    ross1 said:

64' Close! Payne sends an effort just wide of the post. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
    We've missed some chances today.

• Options
    Heat is taking its toll now, play is a lot slower.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Stockley taken off for Leaburn. He's been poor, but I'm not convinced Leaburn is ready to play up front on his own.

I've long wondered if Garner would consider playing with a false nine. It'd be quite tough at this level not having an out ball, but I think Payne and (if he ever comes back into the squad) JFC would be very interesting experiments. 
    I agree with that but if JS has been that poor then I suppose we need to roll that dice. Least we know he is a good talent and will make a nuisance of himself! 
  • Options
    Excellent defending from Clare, can’t understand why he wasn’t made captain 
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing in that. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wow that is no way a free kick to Wednesday. Payne every right to be upset.
  • Options
    Yeah ref, I’m sure 4 foot Payne wrestled Byers to the floor there. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Agree about Leaburn maybe not being ready to play up top on his own. Stockley doesn’t suit the system, Aneke not fit, another striker definitely needed, maybe it’s Stockton. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!