Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• edited August 2022
    The "problem" with getting rid of JFC, Gilbey and MacGillivray is that no one who can afford them will want them and certainly not paying a fee.  Then if we give them away we would need a back up keeper and another midfielder anyway. 

They are all in the final year of their contracts so will have more leverage going on a free next year.

We don't need the room in the squad to bring 1 or 2 more in and subsidising a loan, then paying a replacement seems counter productive.  The exception would be JFC to prove his fitness, if not for his future here.  But again the question would be where and we would have no chance of a fee in January.
  • AndyG said:
    I think atleast another 2 in. I cant see TS not buying a striker when it gets close to the deadline and some clubs are in a selling mood. I also think atleast 2 out if not 3. JFC, Gilbey and maybe a championship club could come in with a decent offer for Dobson or CBT I know they are great for us but at the end of the day if the £ is right I think we would sell
    It'll be madness to sell Dobson and/or CBT just before the window closes.
    They are vital to the squad and gameplan for most games. We'd never get the right replacements in time before the window slams shut.

It could well derail our season even as we only just get started.
    A Scott Parker type scenario all over again.

• Gilbert and JFC out on loan. Bring a 20+ striker in. Easy huh?! 
  • mart77 said:
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    What makes you both think/hope we’ll get as many as 4 when Gallen and Garner are saying 1 or 2?

I expect 1 or 2 to go without being replaced, even indirectly in another position.
    I could see 3/4 if JFC , Gilbey and MacG all leave. We would need another midfield option and certainly another keeper , either a veteran or a Prem loan of a youngster.
    This is how I see it but also I think we’ve learnt to under promise and over deliver
    Definitely based on what TS said near the end of last season - 5/6 loans and 2-5 permanents.
  • Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    What makes you both think/hope we’ll get as many as 4 when Gallen and Garner are saying 1 or 2?

I expect 1 or 2 to go without being replaced, even indirectly in another position.
    I could see 3/4 if JFC , Gilbey and MacG all leave. We would need another midfield option and certainly another keeper , either a veteran or a Prem loan of a youngster.
    This is how I see it but also I think we’ve learnt to under promise and over deliver
    Definitely based on what TS said near the end of last season - 5/6 loans and 2-5 permanents.
    Although funnily enough ....... I believe we've actually signed 5 permanents and 2 loans?  :smile:
  • edited August 2022
    Gallen is a great orator and you always buy into him when I see his interviews, but I’ve no doubt it’s because of Garner we’ve got this signing. 
    Agree. I think that Garner has already built a good reputation within the game.
  • Gallen is a great orator and you always buy into him when I see his interviews, but I’ve no doubt it’s because of Garner we’ve got this signing. 
    Agree. I think that Garner has already built a good reputation within the game.
    Certainly in his interviews he comes across very well, I have been impressed with what he says but also how he says it.

He also seems to have a knack for getting players to genuinely buy into his style and tactics rather than just "following orders" and I can see signs of why he's got a good reputation for developing and bringing players on.
  • Gallen is a great orator and you always buy into him when I see his interviews, but I’ve no doubt it’s because of Garner we’ve got this signing. 
    Cicero, Demosthenes, Lincoln, Churchill, Martin Luther King ...Steve Gallen!!! 
    "....Great orator" ~ steady on dear boy! 

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Vieria needs to get on here to realise that we're not a 'really good club', sure a few will wax on with their theories 
  • Strange making him travel at the weekend and not putting him in the squad, he has had a full pre season.. Would be worth  15-20 mins at the end..
  • Looking an inspired signing
  • Looking very impressive...
  • a winger too far .. I'll be very surprised if he starts a game or even gets on as a sub .. surely there were better options available .. AND w t f are we doing Palace's development work for ? .. I do not understand this signing at all
    This aged well. 
    never has this pie tasted so humble .. whatever, I am very pleased for the young man
    Fair play, well said.
  • No wonder we were happy to wait around for him. 

Different class. Does CBT move to the left now? 
  • He's a different level to anything else on the pitch. Looks like something's going to happen every time he's involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• He puts crosses in and he runs all about, inside outside he will turn you inside out  he's name is Rai-Sakyi and when he scores a goal this is what the covered end shout.
    Ooooooh Jesurun Rai-Sakyi

• Oh, I like it I like it I like it I like it a looooot, 
    whoo-a-oo-ooh, 
    Jayden Stockley,
    and Rak-Sakyi scoring the goals

Oh, I like it I like it I like it I like it a looooot, 
    whoo-a-oo-ooh, 
    Jayden Stockley,
    and Rak-Sakyi scoring the goals
  • edited August 2022
    Let's hope they don't recall him in Jan just to piss us off..
  • Looked electric, will continue to terrorise defences all season long. Let’s hope they let us keep him. This season and next. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Looked electric, will continue to terrorise defences all season long. Let’s hope they let us keep him. This season and next. 
    Its weird as he kinda didn’t look electric. I’d say that’s what CBT looks like - he just looked like he was moving in another dimension of time to me.

I assume like Kirk it’s kinda of his style, but it never felt like he moved out of first gear, yet made some of it look so easy. 
  • He's got close control, twists and turns, with feints. That makes you look faster than you are. CBT plays in an opposite manner.
  • arny23394 said:
    AndyG said:
    I think atleast another 2 in. I cant see TS not buying a striker when it gets close to the deadline and some clubs are in a selling mood. I also think atleast 2 out if not 3. JFC, Gilbey and maybe a championship club could come in with a decent offer for Dobson or CBT I know they are great for us but at the end of the day if the £ is right I think we would sell
    Be insane to sell Dobson or CBT - our 2 best players.
    Yeah, right. It would be so unlike Charlton to sell our BEST players.
  • Very impressive tonight.
  • Dizzle said:
    Looked electric, will continue to terrorise defences all season long. Let’s hope they let us keep him. This season and next. 
    Its weird as he kinda didn’t look electric. I’d say that’s what CBT looks like - he just looked like he was moving in another dimension of time to me.

I assume like Kirk it’s kinda of his style, but it never felt like he moved out of first gear, yet made some of it look so easy. 
    I know what you mean. When I say electric, I don’t mean raw pace, even though he does looks pretty quick. I mean entertainment wise, he looks electric. He has skill, he can twist and turn, he looks so comfortable. He will get bums off of seats and every time he got the ball I had that feeling that something, anything, could happen. Thats what I mean by electric.