Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Great achievement from Nottingham Forest to beat the drop.
  • Options
    Man C win the title. 
  • Options
    Would be great to see some City title celebrations, but yet again it’s not possible because of the impact of Sky Sports on scheduling. 
  • Options
    Great achievement from Nottingham Forest to beat the drop.
    Yeah, especially the way they kept faith with the squad that took them up and didn't really buy any new players .....
  • Options
    Why was Hennazisey subbed on at the end?
  • Options
    Goalie was injured.
  • Options
    All 3 promoted staying up can't have happened for a long time
    Depends what your definition of a long time is 😉
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    All 3 promoted staying up can't have happened for a long time
    2017-18 was the last time it happened (thanks to the BBC for tweeting it)
    Goalie was injured.
    Cheers, I was only half paying attention, and thought it may have been some send off for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forest stay up and there's Tony Adams banging on about Arsenal.

Typical Arsenal. It's always ALL about them. Chokers.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I say this as a someone who likes Everton, but I think Leeds will stay up. Don’t think they are good enough to have to beat Bournemouth. Think Leeds will get a result over these two matches. Tottenham at home seems to be an easier challenge than Bournemouth at home IMO. 
  • Options
    Leeds game at West Ham tomorrow looks like the key. If they win that I can see them beating Spurs in the last game to stay up. Everton could beat Bournemouth on the last day and still go down.

• Options
    ValleyBen said:
    I honestly don't care if Man City win it the next 20 years in a row, makes no difference to me as a Charlton fan, never really understood the argument that our top tier is better then Spain, Germany etc because we have a handful of teams allowed to possibly win it when they have one or two.

99% of clubs are still locked out of ever being able to be the best team in country by the system that is designed to protect certain clubs from long term competition because they have an apparent god given right to outspend everyone else thanks to selling a few million more shirts in China.

About that German league... 
  • Options
    Toney is being seriously missed this afternoon
    They were playing tottenham, today does not count.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I honestly don't care if Man City win it the next 20 years in a row, makes no difference to me as a Charlton fan, never really understood the argument that our top tier is better then Spain, Germany etc because we have a handful of teams allowed to possibly win it when they have one or two.

99% of clubs are still locked out of ever being able to be the best team in country by the system that is designed to protect certain clubs from long term competition because they have an apparent god given right to outspend everyone else thanks to selling a few million more shirts in China.

About that German league... 
    Come on Dortmund!!
  • Options
    At the start of April there were about 8 clubs in a relegation scrap and the title looked like going all the way. But looks like only the relegation places are going all the way to the final day. 

Hope Everton go down on the final day, they are like a turd that won't flush 
  • Options
    Leeds winning 1-0. 
  • Options
    Leeds winning 1-0. 
    But big Sam is yesterday's man...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 Rice - last home game for West Ham 
  • Options
    Can see Leeds winning this, West Ham will tire after their game on Thursday, and they've got less to play for.
  • Options
    Got plenty of football credit for raving about Evan Ferguson after the youth cup game last season against us. He looked a class above everyone in that game. Got another 2 goals today.
  • Options
    2-1 West Ham. Leeds in big trouble now.
  • Options
    What's this thing Sky have that they show Allardyce every couple of minutes, not a lovely sight.
  • Options
    Can see Leeds winning this, West Ham will tire after their game on Thursday, and they've got less to play for.
    I forgot to factor in Leeds being shite.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Very neat goal for West Ham to secure their third

WTF... How is the goal going to stand??? - His heal is clearly offside?

Shocking defending from Leeds though 
  • Options
    0 wins in 8 and 25 conceded. I'm not sure Leeds even wanted to stay up with that kind of end of season effort.