Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Feel massively jealous watching Brighton fans bouncing around celebrating after the game. Those days feel a million miles away for us. 
    The Brighton protest game was the last game I attended in person. Took my eldest to his only game so far, and he asked if we could move to the South Stand as they looked like they were having more fun !! 
  • Pleased for de Zerbi in particular. I made the below post on the after match thread of our Carabao Cup win as a friend of mine who I used to play cricket with asked for it to be passed on. John and his grandson, Albie, will be as pleased tonight as they were probably as gutted as they were when Brighton were knocked out of the FA Cup by United. So, for those who missed it at the time, this is what John said:

I just wanted to tell everyone about the penalty shootout between Charlton Athletic and Brighton last night. 

I have a handicapped grandson I take in his wheelchair to matches and as the shootout was about to begin we couldn't see a thing where we were because of everybody milling about the dugout areas. I pushed my grandson towards the Brighton dugout/technical area in the hope of a better view. Despite the importance of the moment for the Brighton Manager Roberto de Zerbi he could see that we were Charlton supporters with our red and white hats and scarves and he made sure we joined his management staff in front of the hoardings so that my grandson could see the shootout. Mr Zerbi even crouched down so that my grandson could see the players approaching from the halfway line to take their turn for each penalty.

Brighton fans you have an 'Absolute Gent' in charge of the playing side of the club! I thanked him profusely at the time for his kindness and want to post this to thank him again so THANKS from Grandad Wainwright and Albie Sargent. It is so nice to report on an event so positively when not all football stories read like this one. Please share this as much as you like and hopefully it will make it to Brighton eventually! Happy Christmas everyone 
    Thats so good reading stuff like that.

Brighton's success is down to yet another Levy cock up in not allowing Paul Barber (their CEO) to do his job properly when he was at Spurs.  Now they've got their scouting set up properly, they bring the right players in at the right price, can off load those at the price they want and bring in cheaper, better replacements.  How a proper football club should be run.  They've gone up another level since de Zerbi took over.  The football they play is on another level.  Honestly, they've been the best team I've seen at WHL this season.  Arsenal were excellent when they beat us but Brighton played better and somehow lost (still dont know how we fluked that result but there you go!)

Will be great to see them in the Europa at our expense.  Hopefully Villa will beat us to the Conference place and we get a season of one game a week for the first time in bloody years.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Pleased for de Zerbi in particular. I made the below post on the after match thread of our Carabao Cup win as a friend of mine who I used to play cricket with asked for it to be passed on. John and his grandson, Albie, will be as pleased tonight as they were probably as gutted as they were when Brighton were knocked out of the FA Cup by United. So, for those who missed it at the time, this is what John said:

I just wanted to tell everyone about the penalty shootout between Charlton Athletic and Brighton last night. 

I have a handicapped grandson I take in his wheelchair to matches and as the shootout was about to begin we couldn't see a thing where we were because of everybody milling about the dugout areas. I pushed my grandson towards the Brighton dugout/technical area in the hope of a better view. Despite the importance of the moment for the Brighton Manager Roberto de Zerbi he could see that we were Charlton supporters with our red and white hats and scarves and he made sure we joined his management staff in front of the hoardings so that my grandson could see the shootout. Mr Zerbi even crouched down so that my grandson could see the players approaching from the halfway line to take their turn for each penalty.

Brighton fans you have an 'Absolute Gent' in charge of the playing side of the club! I thanked him profusely at the time for his kindness and want to post this to thank him again so THANKS from Grandad Wainwright and Albie Sargent. It is so nice to report on an event so positively when not all football stories read like this one. Please share this as much as you like and hopefully it will make it to Brighton eventually! Happy Christmas everyone 
    Thats so good reading stuff like that.

Brighton's success is down to yet another Levy cock up in not allowing Paul Barber (their CEO) to do his job properly when he was at Spurs.  Now they've got their scouting set up properly, they bring the right players in at the right price, can off load those at the price they want and bring in cheaper, better replacements.  How a proper football club should be run.  They've gone up another level since de Zerbi took over.  The football they play is on another level.  Honestly, they've been the best team I've seen at WHL this season.  Arsenal were excellent when they beat us but Brighton played better and somehow lost (still dont know how we fluked that result but there you go!)

Will be great to see them in the Europa at our expense.  Hopefully Villa will beat us to the Conference place and we get a season of one game a week for the first time in bloody years.
    It was really interesting listening to Dunk last night and how every training session is about playing out from the back, shapes, every player knowing their role and position they have to adopt be they a 6, an 8 or a 10. There was one early passage of play where they passed United to death from one end of the pitch to the other - it was almost Barcelona like in execution. The confidence that de Zerbi has given the likes of Dunk to play and pass is akin to what happened to Tony Adams when Wenger arrived. I also think that had Dunk been playing for United then we wouldn't have the situation where Maguire has 55 caps and Dunk not a single one especially at a time when we have been desperate for ball playing CBs.  
  • Brighton have agreed to sign Brazil forward Joao Pedro from Watford for a club record fee of just under £30m.

The 21-year-old joined Watford in 2020 and has scored 24 goals in 109 appearances, including 11 this season for the Championship side.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65502319

• Decent game between Bournemouth and Chelsea 

Not overly surprising that Bournemouth look the better side
  • Haaland has so far failed to put his three decent chances away against Leeds, what is all the fuss about?
  • Decent game between Bournemouth and Chelsea 

Where are you watching that game? I am watching Citeh and game is over.
  • cfgs said:
    Haaland has so far failed to put his three decent chances away against Leeds, what is all the fuss about?
    His home town club.
  • Spurs actually taking the lead in a game
  • Spurs actually taking the lead in a game
    almost 60% possession at home too.  Absolute scenes!

What I'd do for a clean sheet after 90mins + injury time!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    Rudders22 said:
    Decent game between Bournemouth and Chelsea 

Where are you watching that game? I am watching Citeh and game is over.
    I've got BBW's IPTV - BeINSports 2 or 3 though... Reckon you should stick with the Leeds game though

Big Sam is clearly giving Pep a headstart, before he unleashes his tactical powers upon him
  • How are sky allowed to show a 3pm Saturday game live?
  • 4 decent chances missed so far by Haaland. Not his game today, probably too fired up today as it is against Leeds.
  • cfgs said:
    4 decent chances missed so far by Haaland. Not his game today, probably too fired up today as it is against Leeds.
  • Not sure how Bournemouth didnt get a penalty just a moment ago
  • How are sky allowed to show a 3pm Saturday game live?
    The Blackout rules seem really weird these days, its not the first time a game (not necessarily in the Premier League) has been shown @ 3pm this season either
  • No other games in England this afternoon, so I assume they have a dispensation
  • Googled it, apparently it was selected by Sky for Sunday and then City’s game v Real Madrid was scheduled for Tuesday. The league agreed this could be moved back to 3pm sat and shown live - I’m assuming to give City more rest before Tuesday 
  • 'How sh*t must you be, you didnt score three...in the first 20 mins!'
  • Interesting that the 3 "form " sides who've all overachieved in recent weeks, all lost today.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    How are sky allowed to show a 3pm Saturday game live?
    The Blackout rules seem really weird these days, its not the first time a game (not necessarily in the Premier League) has been shown @ 3pm this season either
    Couldn’t be 12:30 because of the coronation and police refused anything after 3PM.Sky demanded to show the game. No EFL games today so they accepted blackout was not necessary.
  • Scouse scum booing the national anthem before the start of the game. Scouse not English. Wankers.

They’re all playing victim on social media as well. 
  • Scouse scum booing the national anthem before the start of the game. Scouse not English. Wankers.
    And they wonder why no one likes them.
  • I just understand why they think they’re so hard done by or worse than anyone else. I know they’re not all like it but a lot seem to think they’re persecuted. 
  • I just understand why they think they’re so hard done by or worse than anyone else. I know they’re not all like it but a lot seem to think they’re persecuted. 
    Hillsborough.
    Hillsborough.
    And yet they forget Heysel so easily. Hypocrites.
    JFT39