Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Huge wins for Forest and Everton. I think Everton will survive now as even if they lose the next two, i can see them winning on the last day to get to 35 points and that'd mean Leeds/Leicester needing to win 2 out of 3.

Forest because of their goal difference i think still need 2 draws or a win to be safe.

Leeds under Big Sam i'm sure will conjure a scrappy win from somewhere but winning 2 will be tough.

Leicester look to be the side in most trouble given their run in. Have to get a surprise result from 1 of the next 2 and hope that West Ham reach the Conference final and play reserves on the last day.

Overall i think 35 points will be enough to stay up.
  • The art of Defending:
    RIP
  • Oh Harry, you're better than this surely.

Kane talking about Spurs and where they'll finish this season:

'You can't disrespect any competition that you play in. It's one of those, if you end up in the Conference League and win it, it's worth it. If you don't, then people probably look at it as an inconvenience.

'But when you've been at a club where we haven't won a trophy for 15 years, if we do end up in it, it could be an opportunity to try and put that to bed.'

• I barely watch any Prem League but how come Leicester are so bad? Mostly everyone at the bottom is expected to be there, but Leicester to go down is really unexpected as most thought they would have the quality to get themselves away from the bottom.

Really can’t believe they are going down.
  • Poor defence.

Read somewhere a few weeks back that they've got some really high percentage of games lost when they've gone one down.  I know that sounds obvious, but they aren't going ahead then letting in equalisers etc, or losing games they were winning, they are letting in the first goal then heads drop etc.
  • edited May 2023
    I barely watch any Prem League but how come Leicester are so bad? Mostly everyone at the bottom is expected to be there, but Leicester to go down is really unexpected as most thought they would have the quality to get themselves away from the bottom.

Defensively been a mess for most of the season. Only 6 clean sheets with none since the world cup tells a story. Conceded 2 or more in 19 games. Very hard to win games if you're conceding at least 2 most weeks.

Schmeichel leaving was a big loss. His composure and the confidence he gave the defence can't be underestimated. The 2 keepers they've used this season have been nowhere near his level and if you can't trust your keeper then panic spreads to the defence.

Soyuncu at centre back was very solid for them last season but has been rarely used this season, i think he fell out with Rodgers and wouldn't sign a new contract. Pretty sure i read he's going to Atletico Madrid next season.
  • Oh Harry, you're better than this surely.

Kane talking about Spurs and where they'll finish this season:

'You can't disrespect any competition that you play in. It's one of those, if you end up in the Conference League and win it, it's worth it. If you don't, then people probably look at it as an inconvenience.

'But when you've been at a club where we haven't won a trophy for 15 years, if we do end up in it, it could be an opportunity to try and put that to bed.'

Give it 12-months more at Spurs, and he'll be begging to be allowed to play in the EFL Trophy games.
  • I barely watch any Prem League but how come Leicester are so bad? Mostly everyone at the bottom is expected to be there, but Leicester to go down is really unexpected as most thought they would have the quality to get themselves away from the bottom.

Defensively been a mess for most of the season. Only 6 clean sheets with none since the world cup tells a story. Conceded 2 or more in 19 games. Very hard to win games if you're conceding at least 2 most weeks.

Schmeichel leaving was a big loss. His composure and the confidence he gave the defence can't be underestimated. The 2 keepers they've used this season have been nowhere near his level and if you can't trust your keeper then panic spreads to the defence.

Soyuncu at centre back was very solid for them last season but has been rarely used this season, i think he fell out with Rodgers and wouldn't sign a new contract. Pretty sure i read he's going to Atletico Madrid next season.
    Johnny Evans is a massive miss for them too. Plus Vardy is finished.
  • Everton proving if you wear pink in Brighton you will always score.
  • Everton really should have been 4-0 up at the end of the Half.

Probably the worst half we've seen from Brighton in the Premier League
    fuming, they've thrown that so they put Spurs in the European conference!
    I want a season with no Europe and Thursday night crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Everton really should have been 4-0 up at the end of the Half.

Probably the worst half we've seen from Brighton in the Premier League
    fuming, they've thrown that so they put Spurs in the European conference!
    I want a season with no Europe and Thursday night crap.
    You're 6th at the moment so would go into the Europa league.

7th is conference which i don't think you'll finish lower than.
  • edited May 2023
    Interesting that Lukaku have been told by Pochettino that he wants him back at Chelsea when he takes over. Third time lucky for Romelu at the odious Chelsea ?

0 goals 10 apps 2011-14
    8 in 26 apps 2021 
    23-24 ? 
  • Interesting that Lukaku have been told by Pochettino that he wants him back at Chelsea when he takes over. Second time lucky for Romelu at the odious Chelsea.
    3rd isn't it?
  • edited May 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that Lukaku have been told by Pochettino that he wants him back at Chelsea when he takes over. Second time lucky for Romelu at the odious Chelsea.
    3rd isn't it?

Yes you are correct 👍
    Now edited.
  • I don't think Man City should have to play on Sunday (due to Eurovision) seeing as they have an important game in midweek. 
  • I don't think Man City should have to play on Sunday (due to Eurovision) seeing as they have an important game in midweek. 
    Really? Bizarre
  • IdleHans said:
    I don't think Man City should have to play on Sunday (due to Eurovision) seeing as they have an important game in midweek. 
    Really? Bizarre
    It's completely understandable. Eurovision always take huge numbers of top boys away and they are an absolute bunch of animals when they've had a Babycham.
  • Police decision 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Police decision 
    And a bad one. Imagine if games were cancelled in London because there was something else going on. We'd never play again.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    Surely it works both ways though, yes it only gives them 3 days until the Madrid second leg, but it also means they've had extra time from a tough first leg to recover for the Everton game.

Also thought it was funny Guardiola moaning. If you're that worried about tiredness then why did you make 0 subs in Madrid the other night?
  • Hope Leeds go down purely in the hope it will finally rid us of Allardyce. 
  • Southampton relegated after a shocking season . 15 points behind smaller neighbours Bournemouth is embarrassing 
  • Another "long term" deal for Chelsea. They are absolutely screwed if it all these long contracts don't work out. Pay offs will be huge.

Having said that i think Poch will be good for Chelsea if he's given the time. They have a number of quality players but clearly can't continue with a squad of 35+ so it will take time to get rid of players and reshape the squad how he wants it. A busy summer ahead.
  • Trouble is as quick as he can get rid of players Boehly will be signing a few more.
  • iaitch said:
    Trouble is as quick as he can get rid of players Boehly will be signing a few more.
    Poch isn't an idiot. I'm sure he'll only be signing with assurances in his contract that he has control over who comes in and out.
  • Kane to Chelsea?
  • Kane to Chelsea?
    No chance, he wants to win things and as we have seen Chelsea don't sign strikers