Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Sounds like Mick McCarthy is trying for his job... :D

Wonder how much of that effort today was down to them losing Beale.
  • Options
    I can't help thinking it's similar to when Bryan Robson replaced Lennie at Boro.

Worse manager, but a big name, so will attract the sort of big names who wouldn't play for Dean Smith.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Medical attention being given to a fan @ the Everton game, so game has been stopped for now

Game has restarted now
  • Options
    Gallagher on!
  • Options
    Parker’s jacket wtf?
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Parker’s jacket wtf?
    Could've been worse...

Absolute shocker. 
  • Options
    All change in N17.  Duel of the Fates is gone....
    and Spurs came out to Metallica's Enter Sandman 😍

Conte has clearly been working on the WBs in pre-season as they were overloading the back post time and time again.

Sessegnon was outstanding as was Kulusevski.  Arguably Sess's best game for us and he really looks the part now.  But Bentancur absolutely ran the show.  Just a calming presence in the middle.

Spurs scored 4 and for Harry and Sonny not to be on the scoresheet is unusual.  Could have been 7 or 8, 4 flattered Southampton in all honesty.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:

Conte has clearly been working on the WBs in pre-season as they were overloading the back post time and time again.

Sessegnon was outstanding as was Kulusevski.  Arguably Sess's best game for us and he really looks the part now.  But Bentancur absolutely ran the show.  Just a calming presence in the middle.

Spurs scored 4 and for Harry and Sonny not to be on the scoresheet is unusual.  Could have been 7 or 8, 4 flattered Southampton in all honesty.
    Kulusevski was unplayable from what I saw on the highlights and, at 22, looks an absolute star in the making. Was his deal made permanent over the summer because at this rate of progress someone else is going to be prepared to pay £££'s and Spurs will be in a bidding war? 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Kulusevski was unplayable from what I saw on the highlights and, at 22, looks and absolute star in the making. Was his deal made permanent over the summer because at this rate of progress someone else is going to be prepared to pay £££'s and Spurs will be in a bidding war? 
    He's on a two year loan with option to buy this year or mandatory purchase next.  The conditons have already been met.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/22/spurs-deal-with-juventus-to-buy-dejan-kulusevski-revealed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    With (imo) Liverpool looking like regressing this year, we need someone else to step up to the plate. Whilst a weaker scouser lot will please many on here the end result will simply be a league that’s boring as fuck when City win yet AGAIN. Another year of punching above their station off the Middle Eastern cash.

So I am enthused to see Spurs and Arsenal looking strong. Anything but City yet again.
  • Options
    With (imo) Liverpool looking like regressing this year, we need someone else to step up to the plate. Whilst a weaker scouser lot will please many on here the end result will simply be a league that’s boring as fuck when City win yet AGAIN. Another year of punching above their station off the Middle Eastern cash.

So I am enthused to see Spurs and Arsenal looking strong. Anything but City yet again.
    I’d be happy to see Arse or Spurs challenge, but I’d still far rather see City win it than the Scousers or Chelsea. Revolting clubs.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Spurs and Arsenal do look strong but they're still miles off City. 22 and 24 points last season, that's a lot to make up.

The issue is that football is now a squad game and City's depth is so strong. Spurs have recruited well so i think are better equipped this year, but Arsenal whilst having a good first XI, i'm not sure they have much beyond that when european football starts and injuries hit. You only need to look at their bench for the Palace game to see they don't have that much depth.
  • Options
    Chelsea looked average against Everton yesterday... Looked lucky to come away with three points, another classic caseof: "If Everton had someone who could put it in the net, it may have been a different result"
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    McTominay gets away with one there. 

How VAR haven't given a red for a studs up shin-high tackle I do not know. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    McTominay gets away with one there. 

How VAR haven't given a red for a studs up shin-high tackle I do not know. 
    Would have done Man Utd a favour if he had been sent off. He is stealing a living. How the fuck him and Fred keep getting picked is beyond me. They are better off putting Garner on to replace one of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wow Man Utd look utter shit

Notice that Sarmiento is on the bench for Brighton 
  • Options
    Beyond belief how Fred and McTominay are still their midfield. They wouldn't even make City's bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it's more worrying that Danny Welbeck is running rings around their £200m+ defense. 
  • Options
    Brighton may never have won at Old Trafford but they're looking good for it today.
  • Options

I think you are being kind there. Their midfield is embarrassing. The right back is absolutely dreadful. They can change as many managers as they like, but if you persist with those 2 jokers in midfield, there is no hope. 
  • Options
    Was actually wondering who they've signed as this lot playing today were all here last year. Strange to not sign anyone although not doing them much harm here.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Beyond belief how Fred and McTominay are still their midfield. They wouldn't even make City's bench.
    I don’t think they are good enough to clean City’s bench. 
  • Options
    Getting the popcorn ready for Roy Keane's assessment at half time
  • Options
    In the space of 10 years the gap between United and City is about 50, the two clubs aren’t even close on the pitch anymore 
  • Options

I think you are being kind there. Their midfield is embarrassing. The right back is absolutely dreadful. They can change as many managers as they like, but if you persist with those 2 jokers in midfield, there is no hope. 
    I know they've been laughably persisting in chasing de Jong for about 3 months but they really should've moved on and signed someone else weeks ago.

Could've got Bissouma for 30m, make a bid for Ruben Neves? 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    See that ten Haag is dressing like an expensive version of Ben Garner, but can only dream he is as good as Ben
  • Options
    Man U’s right back, Dalot, is absolutely atrocious.