Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Great performance Palace... Another 37-games like that, and I'll be happy
    They may have lost and be bottom of the table tonight but sadly they look a powerful, strong team who will finish near the top ten or maybe even higher. Hate to say it but they look a decent team.

But I'd love to know why Zaha wastes his time there. Can't stand the guy but he should be playing at a much higher level. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    They may have lost and be bottom of the table tonight but sadly they look a powerful, strong team who will finish near the top ten or maybe even higher. Hate to say it but they look a decent team.

But I'd love to know why Zaha wastes his time there. Can't stand the guy but he should be playing at a much higher level. 
    Be a difficult benchmark tonight, as Arsenal should be chasing and very close to the top four this season.

Still feel they could be in trouble, although the jammy bastards will probably end up easily safe again.

I mean there were times last season, where they were about six points from the bottom three, and ended up behind Newcastle, who took until December to even win a game... All the SKY talk about Vieira doing well last season, I thought was nonsense apart from a decent run in the Cup, which involved them beating just one fellow Premier League side... Everton.

There will probably be three shite teams to see them safe, but think they'll struggle, as like us, they'll find it very difficult to find a decent replacement for Conor Gallagher.

Finding enough goals might well be their issue this time around
  • Options
    Saliba will be a big player this season. Not sure about the rest of the defense though. 

Leeds v Wolves will be an interesting game tomorrow to gauge the seasons those teams will be having. 
  • Options

Be a difficult benchmark tonight, as Arsenal should be chasing and very close to the top four this season.

Still feel they could be in trouble, although the jammy bastards will probably end up easily safe again.

I mean there were times last season, where they were about six points from the bottom three, and ended up behind Newcastle, who took until December to even win a game... All the SKY talk about Vieira doing well last season, I thought was nonsense apart from a decent run in the Cup, which involved them beating just one fellow Premier League side... Everton.

There will probably be three shite teams to see them safe, but think they'll struggle, as like us, they'll find it very difficult to find a decent replacement for Conor Gallagher.

Finding enough goals might well be their issue this time around
    Just can't see that. They could have easily nicked an equaliser before Arsenal scored their second. And they will turn over a lot of teams with this side they have.

I do agree a lack of goals might be a problem but I suspect they will score more than enough to survive quite comfortably.

And that is assuming Gallagher doesn't return. You can bet they are pushing hard for that behind the scenes. Let's hope Tuchel convinces him he will get a chance at Chelsea this season.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That Palarse XI reads like a decent championship side, nothing more
    And yet 4 of their starting lineup last night have been capped by England! 5 if/when Butland or Johnstone play
  • Options
    I thought Arsenal were pretty good, Ramsdale made a couple of good saves but overall i thought Arsenal were comfortable and Palace isn't an easy place to go. They only lost 4 at home last season, beating Spurs, Arsenal and United and drawing with City.

As i mentioned on the first page of this thread, Saliba is going to be big for them this season. Made the Ligue 1 team of the season last year and looks very good for a kid who's still only 21.
  • Options
    I’d take that as the bottom 3 
  • Options
    That first goal was very clever, without the usual element of "blocking off" and more from the perspective of how Zinchenko lost his marker (Zaha).  Xhaka is next to his marker on the penalty spot, moves back three yards into the space vacated by Zinchenko. Zaha and the Palace player on the penalty spot both now think they are marking Xhaka and allow Zinchenko to attack the vacant space at the back post.

Or you could just say that Zaha was asleep and should have passed Zinchenko on to Xhaka's original marker.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That stand being built on the side of the Thames at Fulham... It must be the slowest build in Football I've ever seen.

I know COVID has been a thing, but it was being worked on when we visited three years ago, and its still not finished - I mean in comparison, Brentford started work on their new stadium in March 2017... It was finished in August 2020, did they pinch all the construction workers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That stand being built on the side of the Thames at Fulham... It must be the slowest build in Football I've ever seen.

I know COVID has been a thing, but it was being worked on when we visited three years ago, and its still not finished - I mean in comparison, Brentford started work on their new stadium in March 2017... It was finished in August 2020, did they pinch all the construction workers?
    Fulham have been promoted twice to the PL while that stand was being built  :D
  • Options

Doesnt look finished either... I couldn't see anyone up there in the background when BT Sport were chatting pre match
  • Options

And will probably be relegated 3 times before it is finished.
  • Options
    Fulham doing very well so far
  • Options
    Gettin... Fulham bloody deserve that!! 
  • Options
    1-0 Mitrovic
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wonder if Mitrovic will score anymore this season :D

Really well done from Harrison Reed to delay the pass until the winger got himself onside
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Deserved lead.
    Co-commentator on BT Sport is so Pro-Liverpool I thought he was going to say “Oh for fucks sake” when Fulham scored. 
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Deserved lead.
    Co-commentator on BT Sport is so Pro-Liverpool I thought he was going to say “Oh for fucks sake” when Fulham scored. 
    Still waiting for BBC to report the goal on twitter. 

Media must still be in mourning after last season
  • Options
    The usual lack of defensive awareness from Alexander-Arnold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Mitrovic will score anymore this season :D

Really well done from Harrison Reed to delay the pass until the winger got himself onside
    Was thinking exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    Please be the season when the bottom 3 aren’t just terrible. Really need those bottom 3 to get 30+ points to have a proper relegation battle for Nigels. Great start for Fulham. 
    Great start for Palace too. 😎
  • Options
    Please be the season when the bottom 3 aren’t just terrible. Really need those bottom 3 to get 30+ points to have a proper relegation battle for Nigels. Great start for Fulham. 
    Unless Palace are one of the terrible bottom 3 obviously  ;)

I can see Fulham and Forest having a chance of survival, but Bournemouth will take one of the places
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Deserved lead.
    Been trying to work out who the co-commentator is - is it Steve McManaman? If so, I can understand why he’s biased, but I don’t understand why they’re using him for this game. Makes no sense to have bias in the commentary.
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Deserved lead.
    Been trying to work out who the co-commentator is - is it Steve McManaman? If so, I can understand why he’s biased, but I don’t understand why they’re using him for this game. Makes no sense to have bias in the commentary.
    Cant you tell by the whinging Scouse accent? 
  • Options
    They could have used Danny Murphy. Obviously Liverpool biased, but also with strong Fulham connections. Can't think who else he played for
  • Options
    They could have used Danny Murphy. Obviously Liverpool biased, but also with strong Fulham connections. Can't think who else he played for
    Crewe. 
  • Options
    Crewe. 
    Spurs
  • Options
    Excellent.
    Deserved lead.
    Cant you tell by the whinging Scouse accent? 
    I just thought it was one of those Harry Enfield characters at first…