Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    alangee said:
    I see that the NFT market has crashed today.
    What, all of it?

There goes the economy 
  • Options
    Missing from the club shorts according to Louis Mendez.
  • Options

Not listed with the other partners/sponsors either (not sure if they ever were to be honest) 
  • Options
    Deary me...
  • Options
    This doesn't end well for Crawley...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Lol I'm so sad I wasn't following this thread because this all ended EXACTLY how it was always going to end. It didn't even last, what, one month? 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    fyi guys theres a place round the corner from me that sells paintings on a canvas for eye watering amounts of money, people buy these things as investments! Unbelievable. I heard their made using OILS! (that's fossil fuels that come out of the ground). Some people have made lots of money out of it, but most of them become worthless. I don't know what problem they solve - we already have photographs.
    Jeez, turn it in eh mate? You've already had this thread closed down once.
    it was satire to @seth plum going apoplectic whenever crypto is mentioned in any thread. So... i guess... whoosh?
    Is 'apoplectic' your new word for anybody who disagrees with you?

Here, have another bitcoin and calm down

How to display Complex Math Equations Fractions Integrals etc in Bubble  - Need help - Bubble Forum
    and i'm the one supposedly de-railing this thread. *sigh*

@seth plum I've repeatedly tried to engage with you in good faith on this subject before, but your replies always consist of this condescending, deliberately ignorant sea lioning or "2+2=4 here i made a bitcoin" joke. You're using a computer, this uses mathematics to function. You're using the internet, which uses mathematics to function. Everything digital is based on mathematics and 0's and 1's. Can we please stop this, so that questions can be answered, things can be learned and threads don't get thrown off and derailed because of petty squabbling. Thanks.
    If traditional currencies are backed up by things like oil, or coffee, or car manufacturing, or tourism or whatever, what backs up cryptocurrency?
    You say mathematics.
    It makes no sense to me compared with actual tangible things.
    Right now I can’t buy bananas with equations.
    And Militaries. Big Militaries. With Nuclear Weapons. Lots of them. That cannot be stressed enough. 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Been doing a little digging around GR... very strange stuff. I follow a lot, and i mean a lot, of crypto influencers on twitter, none of them follow GR (i have no mutual followers) yet they have around 35k followers. Their GR nfts have a very low volume and last sale price. Their token GEAR has a very small market cap of around $1.6 million. One of their holders owns around 20% of the total supply. The link to their whitepaper doesn't work, I'll ask around a few more questions perhaps when i have time.

I mean the whole purpose of these things is to drive up the price of whatever crypto currency is used to underpin their worthless NFTs before the inevitable cash out and crash. In this case it seems GEAR is the currency of choice.

Again I say please do not buy these NFTs solely if you think they are somehow good investments and you can make money from them. The chances of being able to sell them for more than you paid for them is close to zero.
    If only there was some sort of shape to describe this sort of thing...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Lol I'm so sad I wasn't following this thread because this all ended EXACTLY how it was always going to end. It didn't even last, what, one month? 

With that in mind, a quick search on twitter has shown me one that sold today for over $1m. Cannot get my head around these things. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

That story is old, Bored Ape are still going for 100k+.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    SDAddick said:

With that in mind, a quick search on twitter has shown me one that sold today for over $1m. Cannot get my head around these things. 
    Money laundering, same as a lot of modern art.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:

Money laundering, same as a lot of modern art.
    Exactly. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

$1 million cash, or a crypto "worth $1 million"? 
  • Options
    I wonder when bank notes came in, the Charlton life equivalent back then we’re saying “it’s just a bit of paper, it’s worthless. It’s just another scam”.
    I can't right-click on a banknote to save a copy of it. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I wonder when bank notes came in, the Charlton life equivalent back then we’re saying “it’s just a bit of paper, it’s worthless. It’s just another scam”.
    You can photocopy it though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still don't understand any of it. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Curb_It said:
    My understanding of it is that I doodle something on a bit of A4 paper and that is the original. Something is coded within this specific original A4 to denote it as the original.

That original A4 can be photocopied an infinite number of times but only the original A4 paper will have the code/ seal of authenticity and all the others whilst appearing as identical will not have that seal of authenticity as being the original.

The doodle will look exactly identical on every copy to the original.

People may want to buy the original for the "kudos" of owning the original. People may offer a % stake in ownership of the original to "investors" who speculate that the market value of the doodle will increase in value.

Exit strategy is someone happily owning the original at a price they're willing to pay merely for the kudos of owning it eternally regardless of changes to it's resell value. 

Or speculating that it will increase in price as someone (or a pool of people) is willing to pay more.

Rather than being done on A4 paper it is done digitally in form of a still image or moving image (GIF) which can both be copied by simply right click ctrl C (hence the emergence of  intended derogatory term in NFT circles ... "right clickers").

That's my very crude understanding of how the market exists at its most basic level.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    You can photocopy it though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR--Ai759XE
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    My understanding of it is that I doodle something on a bit of A4 paper and that is the original. Something is coded within this specific original A4 to denote it as the original.

That original A4 can be photocopied an infinite number of times but only the original A4 paper will have the code/ seal of authenticity and all the others whilst appearing as identical will not have that seal of authenticity as being the original.

The doodle will look exactly identical on every copy to the original.

People may want to buy the original for the "kudos" of owning the original. People may offer a % stake in ownership of the original to "investors" who speculate that the market value of the doodle will increase in value.

Exit strategy is someone happily owning the original at a price they're willing to pay merely for the kudos of owning it eternally regardless of changes to it's resell value. 

Or speculating that it will increase in price as someone (or a pool of people) is willing to pay more.

Rather than being done on A4 paper it is done digitally in form of a still image or moving image (GIF) which can both be copied by simply right click ctrl C (hence the emergence of  intended derogatory term in NFT circles ... "right clickers").

That's my very crude understanding of how the market exists at its most basic level.
    Thanks for trying which I get. Sort of.  

• Options
    So any update on whether or not GR are still involved? 
  • Options
    I've asked Thomas personally via email and he did not answer that question. Make of that what you will?