Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    5 days ago I posted in another thread that life was shit, my mum had a stroke 2 days after finishing her 5th chemo in 3 years and during scans for that theyve now found something on her brain. 

Dig your own Info for fuck sake, I really don't give a shit about GR, just tried to share Info on blockchain tech and for nothing but 'but why' responses like I'm conversing with my 3 year old child 
    I missed that thread @shine 166, it is horrible for you and I would not have tried to involve you here if I'd read that. I can only apologise, and wish for you and your family the best outcome possible. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    fyi guys theres a place round the corner from me that sells paintings on a canvas for eye watering amounts of money, people buy these things as investments! Unbelievable. I heard their made using OILS! (that's fossil fuels that come out of the ground). Some people have made lots of money out of it, but most of them become worthless. I don't know what problem they solve - we already have photographs.
    Jeez, turn it in eh mate? You've already had this thread closed down once.
    it was satire to @seth plum going apoplectic whenever crypto is mentioned in any thread. So... i guess... whoosh?
    Is 'apoplectic' your new word for anybody who disagrees with you?

Here, have another bitcoin and calm down

How to display Complex Math Equations Fractions Integrals etc in Bubble  - Need help - Bubble Forum
    and i'm the one supposedly de-railing this thread. *sigh*

@seth plum I've repeatedly tried to engage with you in good faith on this subject before, but your replies always consist of this condescending, deliberately ignorant sea lioning or "2+2=4 here i made a bitcoin" joke. You're using a computer, this uses mathematics to function. You're using the internet, which uses mathematics to function. Everything digital is based on mathematics and 0's and 1's. Can we please stop this, so that questions can be answered, things can be learned and threads don't get thrown off and derailed because of petty squabbling. Thanks.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:
    fyi guys theres a place round the corner from me that sells paintings on a canvas for eye watering amounts of money, people buy these things as investments! Unbelievable. I heard their made using OILS! (that's fossil fuels that come out of the ground). Some people have made lots of money out of it, but most of them become worthless. I don't know what problem they solve - we already have photographs.
    it was satire to @seth plum going apoplectic whenever crypto is mentioned in any thread. So... i guess... whoosh?

How to display Complex Math Equations Fractions Integrals etc in Bubble  - Need help - Bubble Forum

@seth plum I've repeatedly tried to engage with you in good faith on this subject before, but your replies always consist of this condescending, deliberately ignorant sea lioning or "2+2=4 here i made a bitcoin" joke. You're using a computer, this uses mathematics to function. You're using the internet, which uses mathematics to function. Everything digital is based on mathematics and 0's and 1's. Can we please stop this, so that questions can be answered, things can be learned and threads don't get thrown off and derailed because of petty squabbling. Thanks.
    If traditional currencies are backed up by things like oil, or coffee, or car manufacturing, or tourism or whatever, what backs up cryptocurrency?
    You say mathematics.
    It makes no sense to me compared with actual tangible things.
    Right now I can’t buy bananas with equations.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:

If traditional currencies are backed up by things like oil, or coffee, or car manufacturing, or tourism or whatever, what backs up cryptocurrency?
    You say mathematics.
    But you do, you use a debit card, which uses computer systems. Which room in which bank vault is your money stored? What's backing it up? Can i touch it?

To be clear, i don;t think we'll buy groceries with bitcoin ever, much like you don't pay for groceries with a small bag of gold pieces. But the underlying technology will be used to migrate how our money works now to how it will in the future.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:

You say mathematics.
    But you do, you use a debit card, which uses computer systems. Which room in which bank vault is your money stored? What's backing it up? Can i touch it?

To be clear, i don;t think we'll buy groceries with bitcoin ever, much like you don't pay for groceries with a small bag of gold pieces. But the underlying technology will be used to migrate how our money works now to how it will in the future.
    I agree that technology has moved us a long way from barter.
    However those computers and associated systems are actual tangible things that were paid for by oil money, or coffee money, or tourism money and so on.
    Of course mathematics exists, but not in a vacuum.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Off_it said:

You say mathematics.

I agree that technology has moved us a long way from barter.
    However those computers and associated systems are actual tangible things that were paid for by oil money, or coffee money, or tourism money and so on.
    Of course mathematics exists, but not in a vacuum.
    But what is "money", where is your money that's on your bank balance? Which vault is it stored in? Most money doesn't actual exist in any form, it exists digitally.

https://www.coinbase.com/learn/crypto-basics/what-is-bitcoin

https://www.coinbase.com/learn/crypto-basics/what-is-ethereum

A couple of excellent articles explaining the basics.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    5 days ago I posted in another thread that life was shit, my mum had a stroke 2 days after finishing her 5th chemo in 3 years and during scans for that theyve now found something on her brain. 

Dig your own Info for fuck sake, I really don't give a shit about GR, just tried to share Info on blockchain tech and for nothing but 'but why' responses like I'm conversing with my 3 year old child 
    nothing but love, dude. Sending best wishes to you and your family.
  • Options
    Wow ! 🤭
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been doing a little digging around GR... very strange stuff. I follow a lot, and i mean a lot, of crypto influencers on twitter, none of them follow GR (i have no mutual followers) yet they have around 35k followers. Their GR nfts have a very low volume and last sale price. Their token GEAR has a very small market cap of around $1.6 million. One of their holders owns around 20% of the total supply. The link to their whitepaper doesn't work, I'll ask around a few more questions perhaps when i have time.
  • Options
    Yes, I said on page 4 that the link didn't work.
    This one does, I'm not sure if information has been updated since, but the White Paper told us nothing back then.
    https://generousrobots.notion.site/generousrobots/Generous-Robots-101-3d55cd88a343427db354ae47070e2d85
  • Options
    Been doing a little digging around GR... very strange stuff. I follow a lot, and i mean a lot, of crypto influencers on twitter, none of them follow GR (i have no mutual followers) yet they have around 35k followers. Their GR nfts have a very low volume and last sale price. Their token GEAR has a very small market cap of around $1.6 million. One of their holders owns around 20% of the total supply. The link to their whitepaper doesn't work, I'll ask around a few more questions perhaps when i have time.

I mean the whole purpose of these things is to drive up the price of whatever crypto currency is used to underpin their worthless NFTs before the inevitable cash out and crash. In this case it seems GEAR is the currency of choice.

Again I say please do not buy these NFTs solely if you think they are somehow good investments and you can make money from them. The chances of being able to sell them for more than you paid for them is close to zero.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

I mean the whole purpose of these things is to drive up the price of whatever crypto currency is used to underpin their worthless NFTs before the inevitable cash out and crash. In this case it seems GEAR is the currency of choice.

Again I say please do not buy these NFTs solely if you think they are somehow good investments and you can make money from them. The chances of being able to sell them for more than you paid for them is close to zero.
    Somebody buy this man a beer... 
  • Options
    If I read their discord correctly gear is currently worth $0.01, it was once worth just over $2.  There was a suggested/promised buy back at $1 that hasn't happened.

Apparently it will return to over $2 if everyone just stays positive.

I admit I may have misunderstood. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Jac_52 said:

Somebody buy this man a beer... 
    To be fair, I'd also buy @kentaddick a beer. He's an advocate for the sector, but as a Charlton fan he has taken an informed look and shared his doubts, which will carry more weight because he's an advocate. I hope someone at the club is monitoring this thread
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If I read their discord correctly gear is currently worth $0.01, it was once worth just over $2.  There was a suggested/promised buy back at $1 that hasn't happened.

Apparently it will return to over $2 if everyone just stays positive.

I admit I may have misunderstood. 
    Welcome to the difference between a crypto bull market and bear market (what we’re currently in). NFTs was the hot ticket last year, everything that did NFT’s or claimed to do NFT’s went parabolic. Smart money exited at the top and retailers are getting pummelled. 

Gear is also traded against SOL, which has been going down for a while now, which has compounded the lower usd valuation. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Mate, sorry to hear about your situation. I feel your pain on this thread, so many jobsworths with nothing better to do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

Mate, sorry to hear about your situation. I feel your pain on this thread, so many jobsworths with nothing better to do. 
    "Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.
    Yeah, I thought that too - almost like it's somehow wrong of people to be concerned about the club we support being taken for a ride by shysters and potentially scamming youngsters by tying us in with something that, on the surface of it, looks collectable by kids but is actually worthless. 'Jobsworth' doesn't even really work in that context either 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.
    Yeah, I thought that too - almost like it's somehow wrong of people to be concerned about the club we support being taken for a ride by shysters and potentially scamming youngsters by tying us in with something that, on the surface of it, looks collectable by kids but is actually worthless. 'Jobsworth' doesn't even really work in that context either 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Not how this thread started out though, was it? Mostly contained provable bs about the environment and the entire concept being exclusively used by con artists.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.
    Not how this thread started out though, was it? Mostly contained provable bs about the environment and the entire concept being exclusively used by con artists.
    To be honest, I think that's just how you read it.

Majority of comments were more along the lines of "what the fuck does this even mean?"
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.

Majority of comments were more along the lines of "what the fuck does this even mean?"
    You realise we can actually go back and read it, right? 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.

Is it in the blockchain?
    In trying to take the piss you're actually bringing up a great future utility of NFT's - the news. Having the news on web3 and on the blockchain will mean you'll be able to see yourself quite easily whether the clip/article/interview you're watching is legit. 

Only seems to be 1 post in the first page that asks what an NFT is.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.

Is it in the blockchain?
    In trying to take the piss you're actually bringing up a great future utility of NFT's - the news. Having the news on web3 and on the blockchain will mean you'll be able to see yourself quite easily whether the clip/article/interview you're watching is legit. 

Who's taking the piss? I know what the blockchain is.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    shine166 said:

"Jobsworths"?

That's an odd analogy.

Is it in the blockchain?

Who's taking the piss? I know what the blockchain is.
    And you know what charlton life is and how it functions. Ergo you are able to answer your own question.