Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022

Derby County ticket prices

Behind Goal

£4 - Child (Age 6-12)

£8 - Junior (Age 13-17)

£12 - Young Adult (Age 18-21)

£16 - Adult (Age 22-64)

£12 - Senior (Age 65+)

FREE - Infants (Age 2-5)

Corner

£5 - Child (Age 6-12)

£10 - Junior (Age 13-17)

£15 - Young Adult (Age 18-21)

£20 - Adult (Age 22-64)

£15 - Senior (Age 65+)

FREE - Infants (Age 2-5)

Sideline

£6 - Child (Age 6-12)

£12 - Junior (Age 13-17)

£18 - Young Adult (Age 18-21)

£24 - Adult (Age 22-64)

£18 - Senior (Age 65+)

FREE - Infants (Age 2-5)

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/07/ticket-information-barnsley-h

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Out of interest, how much are Millwall, Palace and West Ham charging for walk ups?

Millwall £26-£33 for championship football v Stoke on opening game it looks like.

Makes our pricing look even more ridiculous.
    Exactly. Casual football fan in London for the weekend fancies catching a match. Cheaper, a higher level/quality and only a few miles down the road. 
    We never played at home on the same Saturday, so any casual fan would have to choose another team.
    This used to be the case but we have now occasionally played at home on Saturdays together recently.
  • Options
    Interesting to see what the crowds are like with those prices especially if we don't get off to a good start.

• Options
    cafctom said:
    So, £37 if you turn up on the day and watch in Zone 1?

Bonkers.
    Pay for zone 2 and go and sit in zone 1 (if there's room), I've done it before.
  • Options
    Interesting to see what the crowds are like with those prices especially if we don't get off to a good start.

A Good or bad start will make no difference if people can’t afford those prices. 

People will ask any season ticket holders if one of their 4 free tickets are available, wait for a football for a fiver day or see if the same happens like last season with freebies up for grabs. The 2 home games in December could possibly be when that will  happen.

However the club still have plenty of time to alter those prices starting from the Plymouth home game. 
  • Options
    Away supporters prices at 'The Valley'

Ticket details have been confirmed for Derby County’s League One fixture at Charlton Athletic.

Adults - £23

Over 65 - £21

Under 21s - £21

Under 18s - £14

Under 11s - £6

* Supporters aged 13 and below must be accompanied by someone aged 18 or above.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/07/ticket-information-charlton-athletic-a

• Options
    clive said:

Ticket details have been confirmed for Derby County’s League One fixture at Charlton Athletic.

Adults - £23

Over 65 - £21

Under 21s - £21

Under 18s - £14

Under 11s - £6

So that’s the bar set for away fans visiting SE7 this season as we have no Gold games put out at this stage 
  • Options
    clive said:

Adults - £23

Over 65 - £21

Under 21s - £21

Under 18s - £14

Under 11s - £6

Them's the rules.
  • Options
    clive said:

Adults - £23

Over 65 - £21

Under 21s - £21

Under 18s - £14

Under 11s - £6

Home supporters should not be paying more than away supporters. The seat next to my season ticket in Curbs is £29. I got an email encouraging me to bring a guest. Well, not at £29 I won't! At £23 I might.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I usually come to London for 3 or 4 home matches per season.  I usually get seats in M or N in the West upper.  I think this is the end for me of actually attending matches at the Valley.  I will follow on line and want the team to do well but bollocks to that.  Plymouth Argyle v Barnsley - most expensive ticket £24.  So CAFC charging nearly 40 per cent more to see the team that ended 5 places lower last season.  Reading v Blackburn in the championship - most expensive ticket £30, cheapest adult £23.  If we actually do achieve our goal of promotion what are they going to charge next year?  £40 or more?  

I know they won't miss me, but after the shit we've been served up over the last few seasons I don't think I'll miss them either.
    It's very easy to fall out of the habit of going, especially when you don't feel like you would be getting value for money if you went.
  • Options
    I usually come to London for 3 or 4 home matches per season.  I usually get seats in M or N in the West upper.  I think this is the end for me of actually attending matches at the Valley.  I will follow on line and want the team to do well but bollocks to that.  Plymouth Argyle v Barnsley - most expensive ticket £24.  So CAFC charging nearly 40 per cent more to see the team that ended 5 places lower last season.  Reading v Blackburn in the championship - most expensive ticket £30, cheapest adult £23.  If we actually do achieve our goal of promotion what are they going to charge next year?  £40 or more?  

I know they won't miss me, but after the shit we've been served up over the last few seasons I don't think I'll miss them either.
    I'm in the same boat, coming up from Cornwall.

Once you add in the cost of travel, plus something to eat and a few beers, the cost is verging on prohibitive anyway - let alone substantial increases in the price of tickets at the ground.

With the huge rise in the cost of living, energy prices, mortgage, etc, there's only so much you can do on a limited income.
    It could be I can't afford to watch Charlton at The Valley this season, only at Argyle, Exeter, etc

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I'm in the same boat, coming up from Cornwall.

Once you add in the cost of travel, plus something to eat and a few beers, the cost is verging on prohibitive anyway - let alone substantial increases in the price of tickets at the ground.

With the huge rise in the cost of living, energy prices, mortgage, etc, there's only so much you can do on a limited income.
    It could be I can't afford to watch Charlton at The Valley this season, only at Argyle, Exeter, etc

Incredible that League one football is unaffordable.
  • Options
    As others have said, whoever came up with this pricing plan is off their head! We have a large stadium and are unlikely to get close to filling it, so there are always going to be extra seats. Everyone wants bigger crowds, but this strategy is not going to deliver that.

I can understand that the club needs a match day pricing strategy that doesn't under-cut season ticket holders, so this potentially limits how cheaply they can sell match day tickets without upsetting season ticket holders. Season ticket holders have already bought their tickets, so the only thing to advantage them further is more incentives - free tickets, food and drink discounts etc. More incentives to season ticket holders would mean they (including me) are less likely to object to lower match day day ticket prices. 

The late purchase premium is plain bonkers. It should be the other way around to try and attract fans on the day, not deter them.

The whole system has been ridiculously and pointlessly over complicated.

My suggestions would be:

1. Give more incentives to season ticket holders (particularly those that have bought in higher priced areas), including letting us choose for which games we have our free tickets, and possibly expanding other current incentives.

2. Scrap the late purchase premium completely!!!

3. Reduce all match day (full price tickets - wherever you are sat) to £23, the same as for away supporters. If supporters are so keen to sit in the central blocks or anywhere else they particularly like sitting, then they have the choice to purchase advance tickets for those blocks. Otherwise it should be simply on a first come first served basis. There is very little difference, in my opinion, between central blocks and those either side. Personally, I would rather sit near the home end than on the halfway line in any case. I think the club could easily scrap the different zones all together and easily have a unified price scheme. This may even lead to more supporters, who would otherwise turn up on the day, buying their tickets earlier if they wanted to secure seats in a particular area.

Stop being so bloody sensible!!!  😉
  • Options
    How about also including home cup games within the season ticket price? It's not much of a financial gamble for the club. Think of the goodwill be that would create.
  • Options
    How about also including home cup games within the season ticket price? It's not much of a financial gamble for the club. Think of the goodwill be that would create.
    That normally equates to a reserve game with the pathetic excuse our players need to prioritise league  games. 

Fair suggestion though. 

Drop the penalty price for sane day purchases. Today is a good example…weather pleasant not originally inclined to go but now fancy it but if it were a league game I have to pay more.  Just why is that necessary?
  • Options
    That normally equates to a reserve game with the pathetic excuse our players need to prioritise league  games. 

Fair suggestion though. 

Drop the penalty price for sane day purchases. Today is a good example…weather pleasant not originally inclined to go but now fancy it but if it were a league game I have to pay more.  Just why is that necessary?
    The reason (not saying it's necessary) is because years ago, you arrived at the turnstile handed over your money and entered in a matter of seconds.

Now you turn up at the ticket office, possibly have a discussion about where you want to sit, then get allocated ticket(s), pay electronically (probably), this I would say takes minutes, not seconds.

Then you have to go to the turnstiles and often queue as someone can't get in etc etc...

The process possibly takes 10 mins in total, rather than 30 seconds and requires more staff.
    I think most fans don't generally turn up much earlier than they used to.

So buying in advance helps to reduce queues and staffing costs (imo).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair suggestion though. 

The reason (not saying it's necessary) is because years ago, you arrived at the turnstile handed over your money and entered in a matter of seconds.

Now you turn up at the ticket office, possibly have a discussion about where you want to sit, then get allocated ticket(s), pay electronically (probably), this I would say takes minutes, not seconds.

Then you have to go to the turnstiles and often queue as someone can't get in etc etc...

The process possibly takes 10 mins in total, rather than 30 seconds and requires more staff.

To a degree I understand that motivation. But you can purchase online. So why penalise those online purchases?
  • Options

Fair suggestion though. 

To a degree I understand that motivation. But you can purchase online. So why penalise those online purchases?
    Increased revenue I assume and once you've paid you've paid even if you don't fancy it/can't make it on the day.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Fair suggestion though. 

Yes, but that explanation is also out of date now, since the majority of sales are online. It’s also doesn’t explain why the higher rate has now been extended to the day before.

You can’t have cheaper prices on the day because that is a disincentive to buy early and has no real logic, but you can scrap the increase. It’s aggravating, probably reduces rather than increases revenue, and nobody would be adversely affected by getting rid of it. 

It’s just another example of the “other clubs do it” mentality which also led to the latest attempt at a membership scheme. The missing bit is why and how successfully, which is rarely asked.  

I don’t think at this point the £34 price can be cut to £23, because of the absurd £625 season ticket, but £23 is about fair for most seats. I can see £29/£32 producing some very low match sales in L1.
  • Options
    I dont buy refreshments in the ground,but yesterdays prices  £4.90 a sausage roll,£5.50 pint of beer,(no discount for non season ticket holders) ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

• Options
    I dont buy refreshments in the ground,but yesterdays prices  £4.90 a sausage roll,£5.50 pint of beer,(no discount for non season ticket holders) ridiculous.
    I have a season ticket so get the 20% if I buy before 2.30 the beer will be  £4.40

but the £4.90 for a sausage roll is a joke 

• Options
    £5.50 for a beer doesn't sound too outside the boundaries of acceptable (yes I know it's Fosters and yes I know its in a plastic cup) but there is a cost of sale to be accounted for. The catering company will be trying to get the balance right between volume and margin. They will have lots of data points to deliver the most effective selling price taking both into account.

£4.90 for a sausage roll does sound a bit pricey, but again, the same principles apply.

Catering prices are a very different consideration from matchday ticket prices.

There is no cost of sale associated with an empty seat (actually there are a few but for the sake of simplicity, it's an empty seat that you either get revenue for or you don't).

To sell a sausage roll, you've got to buy lots of sausage rolls.

• Options
    It's been £5.50 a pint for ages no ?
  • Options
    £5.50 is cheap for a beer in SE London.

If what they serve you is indeed beer.