Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Some decent suggestions on here but surely the pricing policy was discussed ad infinitum with long term season ticket holders as I believe was indicated by the club...

And I also think it was on the agenda of the most recent FF meeting.

As someone pointed out when I highlighted the club's equality policy on the TK thread....

...( perhaps) it's only words. 
    So you're alluding to the fact that the fans mentioned everything was too cheap and this is just a response to the customers feedback ? :) 
  • Options
    I haven't read the first 4 pages I admit but if they don't consist of people saying these prices are bonkers for League 1 football then I would be very surprised.

So I will echo those thoughts . These prices are insane.  

I know we are running at a huge loss but near £60 minimum for a couple of tickets anywhere in the East Stand is ridiculous. 

Seriously, I was thinking of having an evening out with my son and come to the Derby match. But for those prices, forget it. 
  • Options
    £50 for a parent and child who walk up on matchday is gonna kill off any potential interest in coming again, even if a high scoring victory is served up (!)
    Those prices are plain stupid.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Some decent suggestions on here but surely the pricing policy was discussed ad infinitum with long term season ticket holders as I believe was indicated by the club...

And I also think it was on the agenda of the most recent FF meeting.

As someone pointed out when I highlighted the club's equality policy on the TK thread....

...( perhaps) it's only words. 
    So you're alluding to the fact that the fans mentioned everything was too cheap and this is just a response to the customers feedback ? :) 
    I haven't stated that TS wasn't listening....

But had his hearing aid turned off. 
  • Options
    whoever has set them prices must be an absolute basket case. They would be top end for Championship football.
    That has killed the floating fan as well as dad bringing his two children whom would be the next generation of supporters.
    May come as a bit of a surprise to the brains behind this but the cost of living has or is going through the roof.
    Once a price is set it will never come down. We as a club would pride ourselves on affordable football, just another step in TS pulling his money back
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Baffles me.
    The club raise matchday prices, but if theyve given season ticket holders 4 free tickets you can just get a ticket from family or a friend?
    I do know you cant choose the game.

• Options
    whoever has set them prices must be an absolute basket case. They would be top end for Championship football.
    That has killed the floating fan as well as dad bringing his two children whom would be the next generation of supporters.
    May come as a bit of a surprise to the brains behind this but the cost of living has or is going through the roof.
    Once a price is set it will never come down. We as a club would pride ourselves on affordable football, just another step in TS pulling his money back
    But he wont be pulling hardly anything back.

• Options
    clb74 said:

He'll be losing more, not reducing his losses, unless we're challenging at the top  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

He'll be losing more, not reducing his losses, unless we're challenging at the top  :)
    Be losing money then.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Too expensive.  You could watch small handful of prem clubs for that amount like Southampton and palace
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Baffles me.
    The club raise matchday prices, but if theyve given season ticket holders 4 free tickets you can just get a ticket from family or a friend?

How about instead of telling me which four free tickets I get, the ST is £50 cheaper ?. It really can be that simple. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    Baffles me.

How about instead of telling me which four free tickets I get, the ST is £50 cheaper ?. It really can be that simple. 
    I suspect the idea behind the four free tickets is you bring somebody along to a game, they have a great time and want to come back again…until they find out how much a match day ticket will cost them 

I bring people anyway, surely though its better to entice people at the start of the season when it's rocking and full of optimism and not Tuesday night in Feb. All they've done is avoided another corner shop tickets scenario and will dump them with us instead. We won't sell out a single game this season, so why we can't pick our own to use freebies at, I don't know. 
  • Options
    Is it true as written above that the volunteer fan liaison person was sacked for speaking out?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Is it true as written above that the volunteer fan liaison person was sacked for speaking out?
    Think that was an attempt at a joke.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Ah. I believed it was possibly true.
    Good. Not sacked, or castigated by anybody I presume.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Out of interest, how much are Millwall, Palace and West Ham charging for walk ups?

Millwall £26-£33 for championship football v Stoke on opening game it looks like.

Makes our pricing look even more ridiculous.
    Exactly. Casual football fan in London for the weekend fancies catching a match. Cheaper, a higher level/quality and only a few miles down the road. 
    We never played at home on the same Saturday, so any casual fan would have to choose another team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gave up our season tickets as we moved away. We were going to go to a few games when back in London, but not at these prices. Empty Valley this season I think.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Out of interest, how much are Millwall, Palace and West Ham charging for walk ups?

Millwall £26-£33 for championship football v Stoke on opening game it looks like.

Makes our pricing look even more ridiculous.
    Exactly. Casual football fan in London for the weekend fancies catching a match. Cheaper, a higher level/quality and only a few miles down the road. 
    Looking at those prices for Millwall doesn’t leave me with the impression that they are likely to attract a casual football fan anymore than the ones Charlton have published. To me they just look like numbers from a spreadsheet compiled by somebody that doesn’t have to make a decision on a match day whether to buy their own ticket or do something else with the money instead. If you can’t empathise with your client base then you are in for a big reality check for your business particularly when the temperature starts to drop. IMO, it would be far better to have a knee jerk reaction now and rethink those prices before the season starts rather than later when the damage has already been done.

Get people in the ground and then maximise your revenues by other means - sell merchandise inside the stadium for instance on the various concourses and lounges.  If it’s a sunny day, increase the stock of baseball caps on sale in the covered end, if it’s warm weather increase the availability of scarves and woolly hats. 
    Tickets, tickets, tickets are what matters because there is virtually no marginal cost of sale. You can’t easily make it up by selling things you have to pay for in the first place, even though that’s worthwhile. 
    3000 matchday sales at £34 = £102k. Attract 5000 by selling tickets at a tempting £20 is £100k but you’ve then got 5000 fans in the ground that would likely be more willing to put their hands in their pocket to buy drinks and merchandise instead of 3000 fans that will probably be feeling they’ve already overpaid and they’ll spend their money elsewhere 
    And 5000 fans who might be more inclined to attend the next game, even if we are humped at home by Forest Green Rovers.
  • Options
    I don’t think those prices are that bad tbf.

But then I’m living in Ireland where everything is fecking expensive 😩🙄
    League of Ireland tickets are almost universally €15.
    I'll pay if you go to a Finn Harps game.  ;)
    I’d like to go see Cork City.
    But the cost of petrol to get to every game would be ridiculous.
    So I just watch whatever game is on 🤷‍♀️
    But that said, if they are universally €15, why don’t more go?
    The crowds are always poor.
  • Options

The Dublin teams are REALLY well supported this season. I've been to Rovers and Pat's and I've never seen crowds like that before. But Ireland just doesn't have the football culture generally and there is competition from Gaelic and Hurling. And the standard of the teams is dreadful.

The away following for Finn Harps is usually one coach load.
  • Options
    Remember your break even points per ticket sale is higher than you think...... for every x number of tickets sold, that's another steward, another police officer, more people hired to work in catering outlets etc.

The margin will be lower than you think.
  • Options
    Remember your break even points per ticket sale is higher than you think...... for every x number of tickets sold, that's another steward, another police officer, more people hired to work in catering outlets etc.

I doubt that is the case unless parts of the ground would normally be closed.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

This isn’t true. Obviously more staff are required for a capacity crowd than 10,000 but the marginal cost of a few thousand extra is near zero. Policing isn’t solely or even mostly based on attendance numbers and stewarding is heavily based on the safety certificate for each stand, not how many people are sitting in it.

Catering generates more revenue from higher catering sales - you can’t look it as a cost of a ticket sale in isolation of its own revenue.
  • Options
    I feel quite low after seeing those ticket prices for this season as I doubt I will be going to see any games now, other than to matches with special offers if they happen. Living 80 miles away doesn't help but there's also the fact that my friends are not Charlton fans so whereas one or two have come occasionally at cheaper rates, I can't see them coming at £29-32. This is the first season that I have ever felt like this.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Ah. I believed it was possibly true.
    Good. Not sacked, or castigated by anybody I presume.
    Nor consulted or asked for her opinion what the fans may think as she seems as baffled as the rest of us.
  • Options

The Dublin teams are REALLY well supported this season. I've been to Rovers and Pat's and I've never seen crowds like that before. But Ireland just doesn't have the football culture generally and there is competition from Gaelic and Hurling. And the standard of the teams is dreadful.

The away following for Finn Harps is usually one coach load.
    When I fly out from Cork for a game it’s crazy how many are going to see Liverpool, Man U, Man City & Arsenal 😳