Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    Positives

1. The same price of £6 all around the ground for under 11s
    2. The reduction from the previous 4 price zones down to 3.
    3. No mention of Gold/Silver price games

Negatives 

1. The start price for many will be £29 (£32 as a walk up) is far too high.
    2. A £3 increase 24 hours before a game.
    3. 3 different pricing zones is causing issues. Change the system so from the family stand around to the NW quadrant is one price . Then a slightly higher price for the AC and West stands.

The pricing structure should have been ripped and started again when TS took over. Instead they have carried on for the most part and that leaves us with prices being reflected today based on season tickets which in most cases start too high.

Apart from Peterbrough (and I'm convinced that is some sort of VIP seat) no one charges more for a season ticket in this division, the matchday prices are a knock on effect of that decision. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    What’s an acceptable % difference in price between a “match by match” cost and a season ticket, to prevent bed wetting from either “side”?
    A season ticket should cost about 17/19 games if you paid for every game on an individual basis. The problem we have with the exception of the CE Lower/Family Stand(which is too cheap) our season tickets are priced too high in the first place 
  • Options
    Ludicrous. 

Sadly being a fan who lives up north and intends to take my family to the Valley 2 or 3 games in a season just can't justify it. 

I will just focus on going to Ramsgate when I visit instead get in free with blue light card and far more family friendly with activities.

For me to encourage more fans make it simpler and easier to fill. 

Have only the 2 zones (1 for the better seats in West stand, zone 2 for everywhere else)

Same price for all concessions (Disability, Student, Over 65s, Under 21s) 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    You get up on Saturday morning and fancy a game of football at The Valley.

Sounds like our recruitment strategy last season.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Easy for me to say in my position but I do think that 30-odd quid for a game of third Division football is bonkers, especially given the background economic situation.  The price increasing closer to match day is also stupid. The reasons for doing it are outweighed by the small numbers involved. If saving money on staff is the big issue then just don’t have any and make it clear that tickets will not be sold on the day and have to be purchased on line. That’s the way the world is moving sadly.  At least the farcical pricing zone scenario has been sorted out to some extent even if it’s not yet perfect. They had better be very very careful with their freebies strategy next season or people will rightly get antsy and vote with their feet. 
  • Options
    Incomes are squeezed and this probably reflects the increased running costs that the club are suffering as well. As always the supporter is asked to cough up more even though they are also struggling to make ends meet. Does it make season tickets a more favourable option ? 
  • Options
    Be interesting to compare once other league one prices start to filter through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to compare once other league one prices start to filter through.
    I think it is a good guess we are the most expensive.
  • Options
    Well done Charlton. You’ve priced me out of attending 😡 
  • Options
    It just makes no sense to me at all.
    If you want to fill The Valley you make the pricing as attractive as possible.
    Perhaps the fans advisor can ask TS to explain, how sky high prices in the midst of a cost of living crisis, is in his view going to fill The Valley rather than empty The Valley? 

Do we still have a Fan Advisor ?
  • Options
    Well done Charlton. You’ve priced me out of attending 😡 
    Same for me and my wife 😩
  • Options
    Perhaps the fans advisor can ask TS to explain, how sky high prices in the midst of a cost of living crisis, is in his view going to fill The Valley rather than empty The Valley? 

The unpaid girl/lady/woman, delete as appropriate to your view.
    Lucy something?
  • Options

The unpaid girl/lady/woman, delete as appropriate to your view.
    Lucy something? Sandgaard

• Options
    As a floating lapsed season ticket holder Im out. 

Not enticing me back with the attitude I will penalise you if you change plans late in the day and want to come and watch a game. 

At £30+! I can do other things instead. 
    A nice matchday visit to Dorking ? :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Ticket prices announced for the 2022/2023 season.

£23 to 34 pounds for Adults this coming season 

Don’t get caught out by the prices going up the day prior to the game

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/welcome-back-tickets-go-sale-opening-home-games

Gotta claw back 8 million somehow!!
      :*
     ( of course TS won’’t) seems like a massive push towards getting people to commit to season tickets & to offer / be seen to offer
    value to season ticket holders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your guess etc. Be interesting to see what away fans are charged, reciprocal pricing could come into effect and us travelling types could end up being clobbered. QPR pricing will be interesting - dread to think what will happen if we end up with a "plum draw" in either proper Cup if we progress. But getting a ticket is a benefit of being a season ticket holder I guess. Just like being able to bring someone to 4 games to the value of £120 or so for nothing. No doubt a couple of football for a fivers thrown in too. So that's 6 games for a tenner potentially.... 
  • Options
    Out of interest, how much are Millwall, Palace and West Ham charging for walk ups?

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Didn't renew my season ticket because it was a struggle to get motivated to watch a lot of last years dire football. Thought I would buy per game in case it was the same this year, but I don't think I will be doing that as much as I hoped, not at around £50 (including travel) each match.
  • Options
    Your guess etc. Be interesting to see what away fans are charged, reciprocal pricing could come into effect and us travelling types could end up being clobbered. QPR pricing will be interesting - dread to think what will happen if we end up with a "plum draw" in either proper Cup if we progress. But getting a ticket is a benefit of being a season ticket holder I guess. Just like being able to bring someone to 4 games to the value of £120 or so for nothing. No doubt a couple of football for a fivers thrown in too. So that's 6 games for a tenner potentially.... 
    Good point about QPR pricing - probably the only London derby we'll get all season. Was looking forward to that match until you mentioned ticket prices!

As for the league, £32 for a mid-range walk-up ticket in League One is a pisstake, especially after the mass dumping of tickets last season.  
  • Options
    It looks like it's definitely a pricing policy that favours the season ticket holders, can't argue with that as they had the piss taken out of them last season. I can't make the night games so a season ticket is a no from me, I will make the savings elsewhere in transport and what I spend on the day.
  • Options
    I am by no means a master of economics,but I can never understand why people who run companies think that increasing prices will improve profits,especially in the leisure industry.
    I saw the Elvis film the other week,£11.00 a pop,the theatre was almost empty,getting a round of golf has never been easier to book,weekend tee times £35.00 plus,when essentials are going through the roof,these are the areas people will have to cut back on,heat the house or watch Charlton.

• Options
    Silly