Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    As Fun Boy Three once said the Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum
  • Options
    What an absolute pigshitlicker
  • Options
    I've not paid much attention to matchday prices as I've generally always had a season ticket, but didn't we used to have price bands for games, gold, silver bronze type classifications depending on the attractiveness of the fixture?

Thus a Saturday game versus Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday would be gold whereas FGR on a Tuesday would be plastic bronze
    Yes we did, although I think last year we had 2 bands. They said they dropped it to make it simpler. From a revenue point of view it is daft. A cheap price v FGR, who bring 200, may attract a few Charlton waiverers. A slightly higher price v Ipswich, who would bring 3,000, to get the revenue. I believe many other clubs do it. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    It is that simple, also a fuller stadium with a better atmosphere creates a better 'product' which then in the long term is worth more.

Slapping a big price on tickets right now is bad for fans, especially in the current climate, and in the long term counterproductive for the owner in terms of revenues. I doubt they're even making more money right now with the higher prices judging by the attendance last night.

So frustrating that the fans get it, and the club's leadership team clearly do not. That Leo Rifkind tweet... just baffling if he was serious.
  • Options
    Less than 7,000 in the stadium last night  :(
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    cabbles said:
    The thing I find odd is that I was paying £500 for my season ticket when we were in the Prem.  I’m now paying £625 for it in League One.  Granted, that’s 15 years of inflation baked in, when you look at it the product has deteriorated.  Football is a funny old game 
    Inflation is a bummer. (Unless you have a mortgage or are a Government with huge debt which will only have to be paid back when the capital value has plunged!)

I thought you might like to know that your £500 15 years ago would be £836 today. (RPI measure.)  But you might wish to factor in that today you get to be wholly depressed and utterly pissed off 23 times a season rather than being mildly euphoric or slightly disappointed only 19 times in the PL.

Edited to add: Of course football inflation measures are a whole different ball game. At least, according to this web site https://www.totallymoney.com/content/transfer-index/
    So, for example, if Spurs were to buy Darren Bent from Charlton today rather than 15 years ago, he would cost them £57mn.
  • Options
    As I've said before even if TS does change (reduce) the prices given wider economic climate I don't think any significant uptake will follow straight away.

It will however make it more likely some will return as (if) the football improves.

It should still be done regardless. Just set expectations alongside it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a further thought if the club is displaying this level of logic it doesn't augur well should we ever get a 'big' Premier League team at home in a cup competition.

Fans will be asked to pay through the nose rather than be rewarded with an attractive fixture.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    FGR on a Tuesday night, with streaming, was always going to be a rubbish attendance. The problem is the other games have shown the pricing doesn’t and won’t work on its own terms - maximising revenue. It’s not just affordability, it’s the sense fans have of being ripped off.
    Much as it goes against the grain to amend anything in AB's posts, I'd say " ..it's the certainty fans have of being ripped off".
  • Options
    Playing devils advocate, the 3 ticket package represents much better value doesn’t it??
  • Options
    Well, I have had a quick bit of research about the cost of NFL ticket prices and American college football ticket prices.
    I reckon our owner is influenced by his American experience of sport and the spectators.
    In the NFl one estimate is the average ticket price is $151, which seems low when you see ticket prices of $240 to $360 for sum clubs,
    then i checked American college football and the lowest prices seem to be $240 to $350 for tickets.
    So, this is where he gets his ideas about what spectators' contribution to income of our club should be, might come from.
  • Options
    NFL and college football prices can be really high but consider the rarity value - 8 or 9 home games in the NFL, fewer in college, and that there are far fewer teams in the NFL and at a decent level in college. There is no US equivalent of, well, home to FGR on a Tuesday night. And if it's not reached a ticket level, US games can be blacked out of local coverage I think. 
  • Options
    NFL and college football prices can be really high but consider the rarity value - 8 or 9 home games in the NFL, fewer in college, and that there are far fewer teams in the NFL and at a decent level in college. There is no US equivalent of, well, home to FGR on a Tuesday night. And if it's not reached a ticket level, US games can be blacked out of local coverage I think. 
    That is my point. he is trying to translate his experience of American sport into the European set up, in particular UK sport and the number of professional clubs in a country with a smaller population than California.
  • Options
    Which would or could explain why he thought he had the kind of wealth that could run a football club. I will admit that pretty much from day two of his ownership I expressed my doubts about that.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Playing devils advocate, the 3 ticket package represents much better value doesn’t it??
    I think I’d quarrel with “much”. It’s also likely to be ineffective at encouraging impulse purchases.
  • Options
    I’m willing to bet that they won’t announce how many of the ticket triptychs they eventually manage to sell…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m willing to bet that they won’t announce how many of the ticket triptychs they eventually manage to sell…
    Not too many I would think. Who is going to rush to buy a 3-ticket package up front to save a whole £10, £3.33 per match.
    Trying to make the fact that you will also be getting your tickets at the early-buy price, up to 11am on matchday, as a selling point is also a piss-take.
  • Options
    If attendances are a shit show now, just wait until Dec/jan/Feb when the weather is awful.
  • Options
    Look I can't get worked up with them trying different or novel ideas, it shows inventiveness, i.e. last season -giving tickets away to locals , local grass roots football clubs , schools etc.
    However the basic price hike on tickets was ill-judged - due to timing and  general financial/cost of living issues. They should have been flagging up that if you wanted to attend games the economical way to do it is with a season ticket early doors like from April 22 for the new season by demonstrating the difference with the walk up price. But the walk up price was  kept secret for quite a while.
    As a fan I would  happily pay a lot more for a ticket. if we were winning or in the race to win something....