Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Conor McGrandles (2024 edit - Rejoins Lincoln page 23)+++

Comments

• Was Alonso falling over the ball in the 3rd division. 
    Worse player since Tony Towner who just put corners straight out for goal kicks. 
  • Lincoln fans seem to think it's a free so we might have paid off a chunk of the remainder of his contract to make it happen. 
    Worse player since Tony Towner who just put corners straight out for goal kicks. 
    Towner is an interesting example of a player who didnt perform for us although let's remember he was a very decent player for Millwall and Rotherham and played in the top flight for Wolves 
  • My favourite Con McG moment was when he looked absolutely furious having scored a last minute equaliser away at the league leaders, fuck was that all about? 🤣
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Lincoln fans seem to think it's a free so we might have paid off a chunk of the remainder of his contract to make it happen. 
    Doubt it, just like you can sell a football club for £1 you can sell a player for £0. You don't have to rip up his contract first.
  • Up there for worst player ever seen in a Charlton shirt 
    Have you supported the club a long time , there have been a lot lot worse that I have seen since the 1960’s . The club has been even more shit in the sandgaard years hardly any players have been good enough in this period 
  • And Brighton apparently used to make my blood boil so frustrating.perhaps it was the expectation 
  • fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Lincoln fans seem to think it's a free so we might have paid off a chunk of the remainder of his contract to make it happen. 
    Doubt it, just like you can sell a football club for £1 you can sell a player for £0. You don't have to rip up his contract first.
    But unless Lincoln are matching his wages, or nearly (as the new contract gives him an extra year), he might not want to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• My favourite Con McG moment was when he looked absolutely furious having scored a last minute equaliser away at the league leaders, fuck was that all about? 🤣
    Er perhaps it was all the abuse that he received from all of our supporters all the time don’t worry you can guarantee he will have a good game against us and probably score .
  • thenewbie said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    But unless Lincoln are matching his wages, or nearly (as the new contract gives him an extra year), he might not want to go.
    Given that he has in fact gone, I'd presume he  is at least moderately keen on the idea.
    But we don't know if we've paid up or partially paid up part the final year of his contract to help this to happen, which was the suggestion.
  • Goodbye and thanks for the memory
  • Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the thread title. Thank god.
  • The first of a few that are surplus to requirements & another player (along with Fraser) that did bother all when he was here.

Glad to see our recruitment is as good as ever. 
    Did you not see Le Pointe. 
    Did anyone?
  • He wasn't even close to being the worst player in the squad last season. Got injured, didn't pull up any trees, in a few seasons we'll have forgotten him. I wish him well but if we can't do better, we aren't going up.
  • excellent news, 1 down....
  • Sponsored links:

Did anyone?
    Great assist that time it bounced off him and fell to someone to score (Cousins?).
  • Lincoln have a good midfield, unless there will soon be a departure or two, I'm surprised they want him back .. BUT of course you get the case of a player who is great at one club and shite everywhere else
  • Never really got going. Not quite sure what sort of midfielder he is. Anyway, best of luck. Except for when we play Lincoln, obviously.
  • WHAddick said:
    Would be interesting to know if a free or a fee
    I suspect we had to pay in some way to offload him. 
  • Probably for the best.
  • It's not a great loss. He showed little glimpses, but as everyone else has said, he was just injured so much that he was pretty much always either out or working his way back to fitness. 

His goal against Pompey was great. Not a lot else to go on. 

Good luck to him. This is one where I think we should do better.
    Er perhaps it was all the abuse that he received from all of our supporters all the time don’t worry you can guarantee he will have a good game against us and probably score .
    Bar online where I have seen people say they don't rate him I can't say I've heard people abuse him in the same way Charlie Kirk was for example, might have missed it but bar people being unenthusiastic about him I can't remember him getting jeered, booed or cheered as a sub like Charlie was. 
  • mendonca said:
    Got injured in their last game of season. Hopefully all good now :)
    I noticed that - knee ligament damage, dunno what the prognosis is.   
    The above was from June 22 when we signed him. 

I had bad vibes then as it seemed significant to me - he hadn't really been tested in match conditions - plus Charlton have a bad habit in taking risks with injured players.  

Anyway, we'll never really know, but he certainly didn't live up to expectations. 

• So farewell then conor mclovehandles
  • IF ONLY he'd made it to Germany!