Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++Conor McGrandles (2024 edit - Rejoins Lincoln page 23)+++

Comments

• Well done mcCrappy his first performance where he actually looked like he can play football. 
    Thought it was laughable how people gave him 7.5 + in marks for cray valley match  
    but looked like he could improve last night. Hopefully be calling him Mcgreaty one day still hope for Kirk yet then still 
  • Well done mcCrappy his first performance where he actually looked like he can play football. 
    Thought it was laughable how people gave him 7.5 + in marks for cray valley match  
    but looked like he could improve last night. Hopefully be calling him Mcgreaty one day still hope for Kirk yet then still 
    Zzzzzzz
  • I really like him as a player. He doesn’t stand out but that’s fine, with Dobson and a more creative player around him he’ll slot in well. As someone said a while ago, he cuts out a lot of stuff before it would get to Dobson needing a crunching tackle which would let Dobson play with the ball more 
  • Man of the match for me... Great all-round performance. He looks like he can do a bit of everything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• lol the U-Turn's on McGrandles. If he keeps the form going fair enough, but I am not totally sold as yet. 
  • How long is left on McGrandles contract? Has he got a year and a half left? Would love for him to start putting in performances consistently, would take pressure off Dobson and on our recruitment to find back-up, and on the finances of the club as well. Seems like a Win for all parties.
  • If he gets better and returns to the better form Appleton refers to, that he’s shown elsewhere, he’ll be a better player than what we’ve seen in his fleeting appearances for us .

We’ve had some great amazing players in this 4 season run in the third tier , just can’t believe we’re still in this division 

• Still has a lot to prove, and is going the right way about it, certainly isn't a starter for me at the moment, but he is a good player to step in.. These cup games have come at a good time for some of our players, get some minutes and prove a point.. Unfortunately players like McGrandles need minutes to get up to speed, and the lack of reserve team football has an impact! 
  • Very happy to see him starting to put in the performances that won him so many admirers at Lincoln and Cambridge, but the concern for me is the more his performances improve over the next few weeks, the easier it’ll be for the club to let Dobson go in Jan.
  • If he gets better and returns to the better form Appleton refers to, that he’s shown elsewhere, he’ll be a better player than what we’ve seen in his fleeting appearances for us .

We’ve had some great amazing players in this 4 season run in the third tier , just can’t believe we’re still in this division 

"Had some?" We still got 'em. Just a tweak here and there in January and we'll be bang in the mix, you mark my words. No doubt about it. End of 😉
  • edited November 2023
    I did say he had a good game last night shame its the only good game his had.how come  you can scapegoat Kirk but not mcgrandles 
  • Sponsored links:

Or alternatively we could stop altogether with the stupid nicknames for players? A&Eke being the most moronic closely followed by McCrappy.
    I hate these sort of nicknames for our players as it is, but at least A&Eke makes sense. You've got to be 90% head injury to try and think up a nickname for McGrandles and only be able to come up with McCrappy. I'd be embarrassed to have fingers if that was the best thing I could think to type
    There have been a few good ones over the years. Spongefoot and Alfordi...
  • Someone else came up with McStandstill which I can’t help but find funny but fair play to him he’s clearly improving, let’s hope he can take this improvement into a few league games now…
  • Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    If you'd read back you'd see that I've not rated McGrandles at all.

What is true is that since he's been available, after recovering from injury, Appleton has played him in every game so I repeat that there is no evidence that the manager "isn't keen."
    So from that statement we can deduce that Linc's is talking bollocks, thought so !
    and from this statement I deduce you are an arrogant no nothing twat
    Linc's, do you actually live near Lincoln ? As you seem to have a pathological hatred for the fella for what reason I fail to understand. Did you see him play for Lincoln ? did he guzump you on a house purchase ?  Is he a mod and your a rocker ? explain please.  

I've said a million times, don't exaggerate.  The opinions I've expressed solely concern his footballing ability as I see it, others might agree or disagree, it's all a matter of personal judgement ..

I m o he is not good enough to play for CAFC. He might be a lovely fella, a good team man, a manager's dream who attempts (badly) to play whatever role he is told to play, he probably fits into the current wage and cost profile of our club, i.e. all we can realistically afford right now and could afford when he was signed, I am sure he does his best, however, that best is just not good enough.
     In professional sport there are many who fall just below the standard required for the level they strive to attain, it is a very tough business, i m o McGrandles falls into that category,
    Lastly, f w i w many Lincoln fans gave a huge sigh, even a cheer of relief when he left, of course others were in floods of tears, so it goes
    Don’t you think it’s a bit weird to make that personal judgement after 670 injury ravished minutes for Charlton? Which amounts to about 7 games which is barely a pre-season.

Considering he captained a Lincoln side to the play offs, and the Cambridge fans and manager were very complimentary about his ability. I feel it’s a bit silly to write him off.

My personal judgement is he has been nowhere near as bad as people like to make out. But whether he is good enough yet or not, I’m not sure. I expect we will see more off him before January so might be able to build a better picture by then.
    during his time at Lincoln I saw him play for them four, possibly five games .. my general opinion was that he was not very good, but he was tough and got 'stuck in' for what was than a very good Lincoln team,  with good loan signings, but the rest of the talent sold off to higher ranked clubs after the play off disappointment. His input was limited, he probably did just what his manager wanted, a very restricted role i m o. I suspect his 'good reputation' was very much the result of him playing in that very good Lincoln team.
     I was surprised to say the least when we signed him, perhaps he was the best available from a poor lot, or; as I said above, all we could afford.
    How many games does it take to judge a player ?. Usually as far as I am concerned it takes just a few to make a judgement. Many players are superb at one club playing a specific role only to find when they move, they are a fish stranded well out of the water (Charlie Kirk ?)
    He was not very good, but was tough and got stuck in and did exactly what the manager wanted?

Sounds like a proper Curbs type player.

• Performances against Cray Valley Paper Mills and a relegation League2 candidate in Sutton, who were largely playing a reserve team. I think only 3 out of that XI are regular starters for Sutton, although I may be wrong. 

I would like to see him perform against a side like Carlisle away from home, then we will see what he's about, not against what he's been tasked against so far..
  • Performances against Cray Valley Paper Mills and a relegation League2 candidate in Sutton, who were largely playing a reserve team. I think only 3 out of that XI are regular starters for Sutton, although I may be wrong. 

I would like to see him perform against a side like Carlisle away from home, then we will see what he's about, not against what he's been tasked against so far..
    He was pretty good at Pompey too to be fair 
  • fenaddick said:
    Performances against Cray Valley Paper Mills and a relegation League2 candidate in Sutton, who were largely playing a reserve team. I think only 3 out of that XI are regular starters for Sutton, although I may be wrong. 

He was pretty good at Pompey too to be fair 
    He came on as an 83rd minute substitution. Of course he scored a vital goal but can hardly take much from that kind of run out. 

I'm just saying, let's not get ahead of ourselves as he's quite easy tasks so far, I look forward to seeing how he performs in the future league games