Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    iaitch said:
    swordfish said:
    I'd like us to get drawn at home to one of: Liverpool, City, Newcastle or Man Utd? to attract a big home crowd to the Valley under the floodlights. If I had a spare fiver though, I'd be going all in on it being Burnley away.

Interested to see Fraser saying he wouldn't mind a big side, preferably AWAY??  We need to show these lads the Valley when it's packed and really rocking!!!
    Man Utd are not through and play Villa tonight who beat them 3-1 four days ago.
    Hence why I put a question mark against their name as they might not be in the draw.
    Ok thought the ? was about all of them.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    For me the draw splits into 4 or 5 possible tiers of opponents

Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool are the clear stand outs for a big match home or away

Gillingham, MK Dons and Lincoln then give us the best chance of a cup run and one of the three above in the next round potentially

Then Newcastle and Wolves are Premier League grounds I've not visited although you could group these in with Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Forest and Southampton grounds for Premier League opposition.

Then that leaves Blackburn and Burnley as the worst possible draws.

Agreed with the shouts for drawing Brighton it would seem our kind of draw.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    This is our year.

This is what all the pain has been leading up to.

We’ll win the Carabao Cup and we’ll be playing European football next season.

We’ll still be in League 1 and Sandgaard will be enjoying our European adventure under his ownership (first of many?).
    Winning the Carabao Cup gets you.......

A play off spot in the Europa League. Not even in a competition proper. Would probably lose to Dundee Utd or Shamrock Rovers. 
    Actually, it gets you a play off spot in the Europa Conference League.
    so it’s worse than you thought.
  • Options
    Blackburn, Burnley, Forest and Bournemouth are the 4 I actively don't want. The rest are either good ties or a good opportunity to go further.
  • Options
    If Villa win tonight, then I wouldn't mind a trip to Villa Park
    Done that in 1962 lost 2-1 in the FA Cup also Port Vale will be my 4th visit, I thought you was proper Charlton 😉.
  • Options
    Sorry if it's already been asked - do we know is the draw before or after the man utd game tonight?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sorry if it's already been asked - do we know is the draw before or after the man utd game tonight?
    I thought it was after 🤔.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just did a mock draw with a deck of cards while working from home. We got Gills away.
    Jesus reading that back, that could be the saddest thing i've ever done. 
    Actually I think that's my favourite post of the day :smile: LOL, in a good way

Just checking on the wedge to be earned on this "run" and the answer is , sod all, until a team gets to the semi final. But gate recepits are shared 45% each, so I guess if we get a big FAPL club away that will bring in something. The prize money is pretty pathetic. No wonder the other European leagues think we are mad to continue with it - even if it feels fun for us right now.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Newcastle, Liverpool or City away is the dream ticket. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I thought it was after 🤔.
    Correct 10pm. A lot of big clubs are already out, could be an interesting competition especially if Liverpool draw Man City in the next round.
  • Options
    Just did a mock draw with a deck of cards while working from home. We got Gills away.
    Jesus reading that back, that could be the saddest thing i've ever done. 
    That's so dull, I think I'd prefer to be actually working from home  :)
  • Options
    Blackburn, Burnley, Forest and Bournemouth are the 4 I actively don't want. The rest are either good ties or a good opportunity to go further.
    I agree, but would also add our League 1 compatriots MK & Lincoln. Gillingham is bearable as at least its local. 

Only decent draws for me are the big 3 plus Newcastle & Villa. Golfie Jnr wants a Premier team & has been to Brighton, Bournemouth, Wolves & Forest. 

So gutted we get this far to find all the London clubs have been knocked out.

The club is cursed.
  • Options
    Ball number: name in the hat (tier/division):

1: Bournemouth (1)
    2: Blackburn (2)
    3: Brighton (1)
    4: Burnley (2)
    5: Charlton (3)
    6: Gillingham (4)
    7: Leicester (1)
    8: Lincoln (3)
    9: Liverpool (1)
    10: Man City (1)
    11: MK (3)
    12: Newcastle (1)
    13: Nottm Forest (1)
    14: Southampton (1)
    15: Wolves (1)
    16: Man U/Villa (1)

10 Premier League (10 in 15 chance = 66.6%)
    2 Championship (2 in 15 chance = 13.3%)
    3 League One (2 in 15 chance = 13.3%)
    1 League Two (1 in 15 chance = 6.6%)
    66.6% chance of a Premier League tie, 33.3% chance of an EFL tie.

It's all opinion but you can split the Premier League teams into "interesting" and "boring" draws.

If you bucket Liverpool, Man U, Man City and Newcastle together as the "interesting" draws and the six others as "boring" (Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Forest, Southampton and Wolves), you get...

- 26.6% for a interesting Premier League tie
    - 40.0% for a boring Premier League tie
    - 13.3% for a Championship tie (either of these two sides would be a disaster IMO)
    - 20.0% for a League One or League Two tie
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I would settle for Leicester away just for the Vardy jokes and we would take some big numbers I'm sure 

'Rooney's on Fire'
  • Options
    Jesus reading that back, that could be the saddest thing i've ever done
    That's nothing!
    Haha... Sorry mate, I did instantly think of you when I was reading Singer's post :D
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    At this point I’ll lean into it

I am fun at parties, promise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't have sky, will it be possible to view the cup draw somewhere?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It will probably be streamed on YouTube and Twitter.
  • Options
    I don't go to midweek games. By the time I get home and get to bed, I'm lucky if I get 4 hours kip. Therefore, I would like Gillingham away please.

Yours sincerely, Tango from Rainham 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Got to be some benefit to all other London clubs going out of the league cup this week.

It could make a lot of London based second string / young players available for loan (that may have been retained if their club had progressed).

Expect Martin’s black box is in overdrive looking at the options that could now come to the Valley in Jan.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    seth plum said:
    Sky sports news possibly? I don't pay for sky sports but get SSN so hoping it'll be on there
  • Options
    Draw to take place around 10 PM
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    I'd personally love charlton to draw Manchester City at home.

Want to see a full valley and for it to give the players an enjoyable exhausting mind stimulating challenge...which may be useful to carry towards the rest of the season.

Even if I could, I personally wouldn't attend a draw like Man City at home.
    After my years away I feel like I need to "do my time" and attend at least 10-15 Peterborough,  Mkdons,  Shrewsbury league one beautiful football matches, before diving right in to a special day

Nothing mind stimulating or useful about getting beat 6-0 by half their second XI.

The 1st 30 seconds will at least be full of enjoyment...right up until we have to kick off again.

It's not good to get slaughtered but the young players can learn from the challenge and analyse the game.

As long as it doesn't knock confidence, then it will be fine.  

The dream is to try and cause a major upset. That's what will motivate them.