Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Liverpool win 3-2 on pens.
    Boo.

So quite possibly Man UTD, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle all in the next draw.  Big teams outside of London all still in.
    err there's one big team in London left in ;)
  • Options
    At least derby won't get yet another game on telly
  • Options
    All over those results a plethora of cnut London sides out tonight , perfect, it's all opening up for us ... our names on the Cup (please , anything but the pizza painting shithouse Cup)
  • Options
    Liverpool win 3-2 on pens.
    Boo.

So quite possibly Man UTD, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle all in the next draw.  Big teams outside of London all still in.
    Happy to have some big teams left in, rather than potentially drawing Derby away.
  • Options

Bournemouth
    Brighton
    Leicester
    Liverpool
    Man City
    MK
    Newcastle
    Nottm Forest
    Southampton
    Man U/Villa

Preference would be Gills or Lincoln at home. 
    Worst would be Burnley, Blackburn or Wolves home or away.
    Would take any of the others.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    honestly.. based on tonight's results i've changed my view, there's enough teams in the draw that we could potentially beat at home to get to the QFs now 
  • Options
    I believe that makes us the last surviving London club? So, when was the last time that we were that in either the FA or League Cup? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just remember... We win the League Cup this year

All you lot have to apologise for mocking Tommy's target of getting into Europe within 5-years.

26th February is the date... Got it marked in my calendar
    As an aside its also the date Haaland is predicted to break the Premier league goal scoring record.  To do so City can't be in the final...
  • Options
    I believe that makes us the last surviving London club? So, when was the last time that we were that in either the FA or League Cup? 
    You are correct (only been mentioned a few times :-)).

Probably since we won the FA Cup in 1947?

FA Cup 2006 we got to the quarters but West Ham were in the final.

League Cup 06/07 we got to the quarters but the final was Arsenal vs Chelsea.
  • Options
    we the only London club left????
    Yes

Thomas will be putting up the ticket prices due to our elevated status
    You joke but wait until we get drawn against man City...
  • Options
    Must have been 1947 - As the years we got to the Quarter-Finals from 1994 onwards, another London club managed to go one stage further
  • Options

Sorry PWR
  • Options
    I'll take Gillingham at home in the next round and then Lincoln at home in the quarters please.

Semi final draw with Man U, Man City and Liverpool in it. Two legged ties home and away doesn't sound too bad.
  • Options
    Yes

Any PL club at home will do. It’ll be their pre-season all over again when the match is played because a lot of their key players will have been away at the World Cup and not playing as a team and in the same formation for the best part of a month. 
  • Options
    Who runs the Bet365 Twitter and is reading this forum? @bobmunro ???
    I'm sure there a charlton fan, as posts quite a bit on us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes

Any PL club at home will do. It’ll be their pre-season all over again when the match is played because a lot of their key players will have been away at the World Cup and not playing as a team and in the same formation for the best part of a month. 
    Whereas we'll be battle hardened having just played Stockport, Cheltenham and Morecambe!
  • Options
    Gillingham it is then.
  • Options

Sorry PWR
    OK and apologies if this has been mentioned too but when was the last time that there was only one London club in the last 16 of the FA or League clubs? 
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Who runs the Bet365 Twitter and is reading this forum? @bobmunro ???
    I'm sure there a charlton fan, as posts quite a bit on us
    No, but Bob makes them do it. You don't want to fall out with HR
  • Options
    If I was a betting man I would have a little flutter on Newcastle to win it. As long as they avoid each other the semis will be Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle and possibly Man Utd.
  • Options
    Anyone know which number ball we are for tomorrow night's draw ? 
  • Options
    Callum will !! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Callum will !! 
    Good guess but I don't! I don't think even think the EFL know yet judging by their website.