Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    I'm just expecting a meh draw like Burnley. Never seem to get the glamour ties. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Forest 2-0 Spurs
    The EFL Cup is the sort of trophy Spurs should be winning. I sometimes wonder if their managers realise how important it is to win something, rather than just try to finish 4th, actually winning things or at least getting into finals is something Mourinho is very good at.
    All day f*cking long.  Football is about winning trophies.  Absolutely sick of managers treating it like it doesn't matter.
    Absolutely abysmal last night.  I've watched some poor performances over the years but that was up there with the absolute worst.

Hope you get a good draw.
    Not just Spurs JB, most teams put out weak sides diminishing the entire competition. Blackburn (Championship) were away to West Ham and you would have thought they would put out a strong side to help balance against a prem team. No..............they made 11 changes, the whole fecking first team including Ben BD who is their top scorer with 10 goals were rested.
  • Options
    We have had home, away, away so far in this competition, so my sense is we get a home draw.
    I would bitterly hate Gillingham away, because I have seen every game so far live, and Gillingham away is an appalling fixture despite being close, the whole experience is like a punishment.
    I am in the camp of the easier (on paper at least) the better for as long as possible.
    If we have to schlepp to the north midweek, despite being further away I would prefer Newcastle to Burnley. If we have a premiership team I would prefer the higher placed and richest rather than a team like Southampton who will be gung ho to win.
    Brighton home or away looks like a decent compromise draw to me, so that is my prediction, Brighton at home.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Liverpool at home we face Mo Salah, it’s the first domestic game after the World Cup and he won’t have played for 6 weeks, same goes for City and Haaland.  Shame about the Londoners bottling it but all is not lost we have a genuine chance of progressing to the quarters.  
  • Options
    Liverpool at home we face Mo Salah, it’s the first domestic game after the World Cup and he won’t have played for 6 weeks, same goes for City and Haaland.  Shame about the Londoners bottling it but all is not lost we have a genuine chance of progressing to the quarters.  
    Dream on if you think Salah or Haaland would be in any team to face us, they will both be tucked up thick coats watching.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I'd like us to get drawn at home to one of: Liverpool, City, Newcastle or Man Utd? to attract a big home crowd to the Valley under the floodlights. If I had a spare fiver though, I'd be going all in on it being Burnley away.

Interested to see Fraser saying he wouldn't mind a big side, preferably AWAY??  We need to show these lads the Valley when it's packed and really rocking!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Some mad results tonight…we would have been feeling proper shit if we had lost last night,don’t care who we play,just win it…but it could mean an easier route to the final,on paper anyways 
    football fans' delusion is unparalleled 😂
  • Options
    Dream on if you think Salah or Haaland would be in any team to face us, they will both be tucked up thick coats watching.
    I agree under usual circumstances.

But as I said it’ll be their first opportunity for match fitness in six weeks, they might not start but I can see them getting minutes in the legs at least.  
  • Options
    Aren’t most of the prem clubs playing freindlies during World Cup 
  • Options
    Yeah they'll get plenty of minutes at warm weather training camps in Saudi, Dubai etc. etc. And in friendlies against other teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    I'd personally love charlton to draw Manchester City at home.

Want to see a full valley and for it to give the players an enjoyable exhausting mind stimulating challenge...which may be useful to carry towards the rest of the season.

Even if I could, I personally wouldn't attend a draw like Man City at home.
    After my years away I feel like I need to "do my time" and attend at least 10-15 Peterborough,  Mkdons,  Shrewsbury league one beautiful football matches, before diving right in to a special day

Nothing mind stimulating or useful about getting beat 6-0 by half their second XI.
  • Options
    To be fair, this was the Man City team that beat Burton 9-0...

• Options
    We'll be drawn away at Gillingham.

Harris and Scally will be wearing Millwall shirts, and just the sight of anything Millwall will be enough to make us go to pieces, and the ref to turn into Danny Baker.
  • Options
    I'm torn on whether I would prefer Gills next round or a big Prem side. It would be good in alot of ways to get a team we can beat next round and then advance versus a payday this round
  • Options
    Big Prem side away from home please. Liverpool or Man United if they win tonight. We’re not gonna win the tournament and our players are dropping like flies at the minute, the last thing we need is fixture congestion. Just give the fans a big day out.
  • Options
    Gills at home for me please. 
  • Options
    Big Prem side away from home please. Liverpool or Man United if they win tonight. We’re not gonna win the tournament and our players are dropping like flies at the minute, the last thing we need is fixture congestion. Just give the fans a big day out.
    No, no, no. And no again!

Let's have a proper cup run for once. We haven't had one for far too long.

A couple of good draws and we could fluke our way into the semi finals. Think of the fun that would be if we drew man utd/liverpool/man City.

And how many people could realistically make a long midweek journey 4 days before Christmas to somewhere way up north?

• Options
    Liverpool, City or Newcastle away ideally
  • Options
    Or an easy tie to give us a chance of the 1/4 finals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that all the London teams are out I'd love United at home. Not going to be easy booking trains and a hotel during a cost of living crisis and right before Christmas, so would prefer to not get a Northern team away. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'm just expecting a meh draw like Burnley. Never seem to get the glamour ties. 
    Burnley away midweek is very appealing.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I'd like us to get drawn at home to one of: Liverpool, City, Newcastle or Man Utd? to attract a big home crowd to the Valley under the floodlights. If I had a spare fiver though, I'd be going all in on it being Burnley away.

Interested to see Fraser saying he wouldn't mind a big side, preferably AWAY??  We need to show these lads the Valley when it's packed and really rocking!!!
    Man Utd are not through and play Villa tonight who beat them 3-1 four days ago.
  • Options
    I think it’s Brighton at home let’s see👀
  • Options
    Gillingham at home would be my first pick.
    Anyone at home would be better than an away game as they are midweek. 

If the games were played on a Saturday I would think differently but they ain't so I won't. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    swordfish said:

Man Utd are not through and play Villa tonight who beat them 3-1 four days ago.
    Hence why I put a question mark against their name as they might not be in the draw.
  • Options
    Torn between a big Prem team at home, or a winnable game v the likes of Gillillingham/MK Dons/Lincoln.

Our history of cup draws suggests we'll no doubt get something that fits neither criteria - Blackburn/Burnley/Bournemouth 

Anything beginning with a B would be a bad draw!