Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL fixtures 2022/23 - 1st Game Accrington away

Comments

• Just a quick scan of fixtures , but doesn't seem as many midweek fixtures? and the ones we have are either home or more medium distance rather than long distance? OK no cup fixtures etc yet but looks bit kinder from travel for team and fans
    It’s because the season is starting earlier because of the World Cup, but league 1 isn’t stopping (there is a 1 week gap in the fixtures but that will be FA Cup 2nd round) so we’ve got a longer season and therefore a few less midweek games
  • edited June 2022
    Accy, Derby, and QPR in the cup with Beale who we tried to sign. three fixtures at the start to hopefully really show what we're made of under Garner. looking forward to the season. 

*and Wednesday
  • edited June 2022
    always love it when the new fixtures are published .. I have booked up some hotels for (what should be) tasty games next year .. Derby, Ipswich, MK Dons ..  hoping that internationals will not interfere with the dates ..  though the world cup will be over by then

Have not booked any train trips as yet, too concerned that the strikes will go on and on and on and .. etc
  • A tough start - Accie normally give us a bit of a seeing to and I'd expect Wednesday, Plymouth, Wycombe and Bolton to be contenders. That first tranche of 7 games is followed by home matches against the newly promoted Exeter and Forest Green but hopefully, by then, the confidence and feel good factor from last season will have been diluted.

Who knows what state Derby will be in by 6 August - assuming they can fulfil the fixture. Rooney has only got 5 contracted players and the Administrators are willing to listen to loan offers for Krystian Bielik. The manager of Poland wants him to play at a higher level prior to the World Cup in November. 

Disappointing to be at Pompey on New Year's Day but at least we're at home on Boxing Day. 
  • It’s about as tough a start to the season as we could have expected.  BUT if we can hit the ground running and start strongly we can make a few statements of intent and show we mean business.

the run-in looked a lot more straightforward but we’ll have 100 points by then….maybe

• Every game we play ought to be a blimmin tough game for the opposition.
    I assume every game we play will be tough for us anyway.
    We have to factor that in.
    Every game is a must win.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    I wonder if the Derby game will be moved to Friday or Sunday and shown live on Sky. Derby being the new Leeds.  
    Friday night is my last night in Majorca. Fly back on the Saturday. 
    Would be great for me if it was Friday. 
    More chance the game will be on the Sunday as Sky have a Prem game on the Friday. 
  • Wanted a ticket for Cheltenham away last game of the season. Cash waiting. 
  • Bilko said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    I wonder if the Derby game will be moved to Friday or Sunday and shown live on Sky. Derby being the new Leeds.  
    Friday night is my last night in Majorca. Fly back on the Saturday. 
    Would be great for me if it was Friday. 
    More chance the game will be on the Sunday as Sky have a Prem game on the Friday. 
    Even better. 
    I could go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• How many tickets will AS make available ?
    1500?
    We'll not sell out.
  • Only March since we last played there, you'd have to be dedicated to go to Accrington twice in 5 months!
  • Only March since we last played there, you'd have to be dedicated to go to Accrington twice in 5 months!
    I was at that game and it was genuinely one of the worst Charlton performances in years.

I don’t quite have the stomach to go back again so soon, but know that there’s still a strong outside chance I’ll somehow end up talking myself into it.
  • How many tickets will AS make available ?
    1500?
    We'll not sell out.
    Yeah no chance this sells out. Probably straight to general sale too. 
  • Due to be in London on 30 August, so was eagerly waiting fixtures to extend stay from Saturday before or after (or both). Needless to say both Saturdays are away from home  :s
  • Have we beaten them at their place in recent years ??  I remember we've had a couple of 1-1 draws & I think a defeat last season. 

Replaced Millwall as a team we can't beat. Sad. 
  • When you get as old as me, outside the Premier League, you learn that you can't identify what will be an easy game and what will be a hard one. It comes from looking beyond some apparently tough games at easy points that don't quite work out as you expect. What the team has to do is assume they are all equally hard.
  • Based on the teams we meet in July and August, we may have a pretty good idea of what kind of team we have for the season and our chances of success.
    nice blend of high end teams and not so.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Based on the teams we meet in July and August, we may have a pretty good idea of what kind of team we have for the season and our chances of success.
    nice blend of high end teams and not so.
    And also whether we're the sort of side that can raise their game against the big teams, but crumple against the smaller, less vaunted sides
  • seth plum said:
    Every game we play ought to be a blimmin tough game for the opposition.
    I assume every game we play will be tough for us anyway.
    We have to factor that in.
    Every game is a must win.
    I’ll be there to find out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Pompey Away New years  Day.....!!!, Thats the one for me!!!
  • I was at Bury for that first game of the season under Slade I think it was. 2016 was it? The hope, then the defeat, the Roger Johnson incident, the Miere sashaying down the train, the anger.
    Right now this close season reminds me of the events up to the Bury game.
    If we lose at Accrington it will feel like history repeating itself.
    Sod that.
    After 17 games in the season to come I expect 51 points and be safe from relegation. If we are not in that position I will be narked.
    Then I expect automatic promotion by the end of the season.
  • seth plum said:
    I was at Bury for that first game of the season under Slade I think it was. 2016 was it? The hope, then the defeat, the Roger Johnson incident, the Miere sashaying down the train, the anger.
    Sod that.
    After 17 games in the season to come I expect 51 points and be safe from relegation. If we are not in that position I will be narked.
    I had a chat with Miere before that game, she was just standing outside the ground, rather bravely I thought ..  no-one else approached her, but neither was she getting any abuse from the passing fans .. I asked her about the plans for the season, she made a few anodyne comments and was friendly and approachable .. I always thought she was simply a young woman who became so out of her depth that she metaphorically drowned .. that game was an example of our 'fans' at their worst, rushing around like little kids on the concrete apron separating the seats from the pitch ..
    and i m o all this everlasting furore around Johnson is so much old bollocks .. some of our fans need to grow up and learn to take some of the abuse that they so easily dish out ..
     Johnson had a good game that day against big Tom Pope, who at one point had trampled all over Jason Pearce and left him in tatters .. we lost 2-0 and learnt a hard lesson abut life in League One  lol
  • seth plum said:
    I was at Bury for that first game of the season under Slade I think it was. 2016 was it? The hope, then the defeat, the Roger Johnson incident, the Miere sashaying down the train, the anger.
    Sod that.
    I had a chat with Miere before that game, she was just standing outside the ground, rather bravely I thought ..  no-one else approached her, but neither was she getting any abuse from the passing fans .. I asked her about the plans for the season, she made a few anodyne comments and was friendly and approachable .. I always thought she was simply a young woman who became so out of her depth that she metaphorically drowned .. that game was an example of our 'fans' at their worst, rushing around like little kids on the concrete apron separating the seats from the pitch ..
    and i m o all this everlasting furore around Johnson is so much old bollocks .. some of our fans need to grow up and learn to take some of the abuse that they so easily dish out ..
     Johnson had a good game that day against big Tom Pope, who at one point had trampled all over Jason Pearce and left him in tatters .. we lost 2-0 and learnt a hard lesson abut life in League One  lol
    We shall see soon enough if that lesson has been fully learned.
    John Coleman is no mug.
  • John Coleman, in his unsuccessful year at Rochdale back 12 -13, was known by the disparaging nickname of "soft lad".

In the event, he's proved himself to be anything but soft and is, in my opinion, one of the best managers in the lower leagues. A tough encounter awaits us but hopefully we can improve upon our lamentable record of one (thoroughly undeserved) point in the last four games.
  • The following Sky Bet games have been confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports:

Saturday 6th August – Norwich City v Wigan Athletic – 12.30pm

Monday 8th August – West Bromwich Albion v Watford – 8.00pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/latest-sky-sports-tv-selections/

• clive said:

The following Sky Bet games have been confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports:

Saturday 6th August – Norwich City v Wigan Athletic – 12.30pm

Monday 8th August – West Bromwich Albion v Watford – 8.00pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/latest-sky-sports-tv-selections/

Really early start for the Wigan support.
  • I’m sure this will have been asked elsewhere, but when do we expect the first few televised L1 games will be announced? 
  • A range of Sky Bet EFL fixtures have been added to the list of selections for live broadcast on Sky Sports in August.

The confirmed games in full are as follows:

Monday 1 August – Watford v Sheffield United – 8.00pm

Saturday 6 August – Norwich City v Wigan Athletic – 12.30pm

Monday 8 August – West Bromwich Albion v Watford – 8.00pm

Friday 12 August – Watford v Burnley – 8.00pm

Saturday 13 August – Cardiff City v Birmingham City – 12.30pm

Tuesday 16 August – Queens Park Rangers v Blackpool – 8.00pm

Wednesday 17 August – Sheffield United v Sunderland AFC – 8.00pm

Friday 19 August – Norwich City v Millwall – 8.00pm

Sunday 21 August – Bristol City v Cardiff City – 12.00pm

Friday 26 August – Luton Town v Sheffield United – 8.00pm

Saturday 27 August – Sunderland AFC v Norwich City – 12.30pm

Tuesday 30 August – Watford v Middlesbrough – 8.00pm

Wednesday 31 August – Blackpool v Blackburn Rovers – 8.00pm

• SeaBayRed said:
    I’m sure this will have been asked elsewhere, but when do we expect the first few televised L1 games will be announced? 
    England play in the Nations League at the end of September

Italy is on Friday 23rd September | Germany is on Monday 26th September

Means there will be no Premier League or Championship games that weekend

So Barnsley vs Charlton might be selected

But then either team could get the game called off, if they each have three Internationals