Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL fixtures 2022/23 - 1st Game Accrington away

Comments

• Forest Green Rovers situated in the quiet lovely looking town of Nailsworth and we're going there on a tuesday. so not only is it quiet its bloody dead. Ffs. 
  • Belv said:
    seth plum said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Just the 104 quid return on the train
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
    £47 I've just paid with railcard.
    Return?
    May I ask what times of trains?
    Aye.

8.30 Euston to Accrington
    18.12 Accrington to Euston

Via Preston.

Is about £55 though to go up a bit later.
    You are assuming the trains won't be on strike.

That, I think, is a big assumption at the moment.
    Then I will be refunded in full.
  • edited June 2022
    Forest Green Rovers situated in the quiet lovely looking town of Nailsworth and we're going there on a tuesday. so not only is it quiet its bloody dead. Ffs. 
    They’ll still be a good turn out, it’s half term that week 
  • My missus ain’t happy. Her shopping trips to Bicester Village (29 Dec) and Gun Wharf (1 Jan) and are right out of the window 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Bristol rovers away has worked out quite nicely, normally go to the in laws in Gloucester over easter. Forest Green on a Tuesday and valentines night however, is shite
  • All 5 away games down here in the West Country are in the second half of the season. 
    Mrs AD will be made at spending Valentines night at Forest Green Rovers.
  • Looking to do Fleetwood away, how easy/difficult is it to get there on the train (via Blackpool)?
    Very easy, I live not far. Tram straight to the stadium/pubs. 
  • Belv said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
    What railcard do you have as my son has just turned 18 so need to find a way to keep the costing on trains to a minimum as cant use friends and family anymore
    I use a two together with a mate.

You'll be able to use that for you and your son I believe.
    This is really helpful, thankyou 
  • Bummer. I've booked a trip over to London in advance and we're away to bloody Shrewsbury. Then on my 50th birthday when I'll be elsewhere we've got MK Dons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    RedPanda said:
    Of course Forest Green away is midweek, in February no less...
    Half-term AND near my birthday. I'm going. Make a full holiday of it
    Don't forget you will still have homework to get done.
  • Just a quick scan of fixtures , but doesn't seem as many midweek fixtures? and the ones we have are either home or more medium distance rather than long distance? OK no cup fixtures etc yet but looks bit kinder from travel for team and fans
  • CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    What railcard do you have as my son has just turned 18 so need to find a way to keep the costing on trains to a minimum as cant use friends and family anymore

Have a look at a Network rail card, you can share the membership with someone else and also 4 people can travel with you for cheap. 
  • sam3110 said:
    So first home game won't be til 16th August!
    Why? We play Derby at home on the 6th
    In our only home Derby match of the season.
  • Just a quick scan of fixtures , but doesn't seem as many midweek fixtures? and the ones we have are either home or more medium distance rather than long distance? OK no cup fixtures etc yet but looks bit kinder from travel for team and fans
    Seems like midweek is mostly clear for rearranged fixtures, we had loads of canceled games last year.
  • 2 quizlike questions:

When was the last season, if ever, that we didn't have a London derby?

When was the last time we went a whole month, if ever, (between September and April) without a home match?
  • Surely Wayne Rooneys Derby will be on sky, hope so, i'm on holiday
  • shine166 said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

Have a look at a Network rail card, you can share the membership with someone else and also 4 people can travel with you for cheap. 
    Trouble with Network Railcard is it only has limited range.  Can only get as far as Exeter/Banbury/Cambridge/Manningtree so involves a bunch of split ticketing.  Also getting four travellers on it isn't that big a deal as 3+ you can normally get a group save for the same price.   That's why jnr has his own 18-25 and I've a network even though 90% time we travel together.   'Age' cards are much better as they are countrywide and I think all photo ones can be linked to an Oyster so you can get discount applied automatically for PAYG
  • shine166 said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:

That only covers the southeast of England though
  • We are over for the first six, and they have fallen badly for us. Darn it. Reversal of fixtures - home to away - would have been pretty good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bummer. I've booked a trip over to London in advance and we're away to bloody Shrewsbury. Then on my 50th birthday when I'll be elsewhere we've got MK Dons.
    can't we go then? We can celebrate your 50th the day before/after?
  • what's with only two games in November?
  • edited June 2022
    what's with only two games in November?
    Assume it’s FA cup x2 and a week off for the World Cup group stage.
    thanks, didn't realise Charlton Athletic were in the World Cup.
  • edited June 2022
    There are only four weeks in November this year, so two round of the FA Cup, two League games

Probably be an EFL Trophy game midweek in there too

If we go out in the FA Cup 1st Round, THEN we'll have a week off, but thats pretty normal for there to be no League fixtures scheduled for the 2nd Round - World Cup has nothing to do with any of it.
    There are only four weeks in November this year, so two round of the FA Cup, two League games

Probably be an EFL Trophy game midweek in there too

If we go out in the FA Cup 1st Round, THEN we'll have a week off, but thats pretty normal for there to be no League fixtures scheduled for the 2nd Round - World Cup has nothing to do with any of it.
    Thanks for confirming. 
  • At least we will know after 10 games if we are a top 6 side this year.
    18 points or more - get excited,
    12-18 points - meh,
    less than 10 - start to worry. 
  • Could be 4 away games in November if we are drawn away in the Cup.
  • We are over for the first six, and they have fallen badly for us. Darn it. Reversal of fixtures - home to away - would have been pretty good. 
    This happens to me every year. School holidays in August and guarantee the game we miss is a home fixture. Every year.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    I wonder if the Derby game will be moved to Friday or Sunday and shown live on Sky. Derby being the new Leeds.  
    Friday night is my last night in Majorca. Fly back on the Saturday. 
    Would be great for me if it was Friday.