Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL fixtures 2022/23 - 1st Game Accrington away

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    what's the betting we play them, smash them and then they go bust and we lose the 3 points...
    I'd be more confident that we play them during a takeover, they strengthen throughout August and go on to blow the league out of the water. 
    They'll probably get their takeover all but sorted just before the season starts, and then ask the EFL if their opening games can be postponed because they dont have a strong enough Senior Squad.
    Which of course the EFL will be more than happy to bend over backwards and accomodate
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Just the 104 quid return on the train
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
    £47 I've just paid with railcard.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Difficult first 6 games
    Maybe, but we have to play these teams at some point. Best get them out of the way early doors before they start finding form
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
    Return?
    May I ask what times of trains?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    seth plum said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Return?
    Aye.

8.30 Euston to Accrington
    18.12 Accrington to Euston

Via Preston.

Is about £55 though to go up a bit later.
  • Options
    Exeter A in February, Plymouth A in March is annoying too

Especially when the home games are Plymouth in August and Exeter in September
    I've been delaying booking a summer holiday in the West Country until the fixtures come out as we've had Plymouth away in late July/early August before and with both Devon teams now in League 1 I thought we might get one of them away before Sept.
  • Options
    Forest Green Rovers away on a Tuesday night and Bristol Rovers away on a Friday night.  Excellent. Two nearest games to me this season:will help to keep the riff-raff away.
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    Forest Green Rovers away on a Tuesday night and Bristol Rovers away on a Friday night.  Excellent. Two nearest games to me this season:will help to keep the riff-raff away.
    Bristol Rovers is on Good Friday, I'd suspect a lot will have that pencilled in as a day/night out.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is it me or do we always seem to play Fleetwood away in September?
    No, not just you  ;)

Fleetwood away so often seems to be in early autumn, which is a nice time for a late summer break. The dates we've played them are

10th Sep
    30th Sep
    2nd Feb
    20th Feb (closed doors so doesn't count)
    2nd Oct
    17th Sep 2022

So that's 4 of the 5 games we've ever played them in front of fans

Says it all that there's enough data on which to discern a trend 😥
  • Options
    Exeter A in February, Plymouth A in March is annoying too

Especially when the home games are Plymouth in August and Exeter in September
    I've been delaying booking a summer holiday in the West Country until the fixtures come out as we've had Plymouth away in late July/early August before and with both Devon teams now in League 1 I thought we might get one of them away before Sept.
    I had hoped for that too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    We could conceivably be in the bottom 3 after 7 games, we’ve got a really tough start, not of a wake up call!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Accrington Away then Derby at Home

You're not a fake sheikh, you're Mystic Meg with Crystal balls. Welcome 👏
  • Options
    Belv said:
    seth plum said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Return?
    Aye.

Via Preston.

This is what I was seeing
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Fixtures have worked out well this year for me. I work 2 weekends in 5 and usually have to take a few 12 hour day Saturdays off with considerable loss of pay and A/L. This season this has only happened once, and also no midweek games where i have to use A/L. Just hope the team performance reflect that luck.

Lincoln away on 8th October when i have a week off is great also , so a nice weekend there is forthcoming.
  • Options
    I wonder if the Derby game will be moved to Friday or Sunday and shown live on Sky. Derby being the new Leeds.  
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I wonder if the Derby game will be moved to Friday or Sunday and shown live on Sky. Derby being the new Leeds.  
    Would certainly suit the club cricketers among us
  • Options
    Accrington on the opening day will be a good test.  I was there a few months ago when we lost 2-1 and they had 10 men.  They played us off the park, even with 10 men.  It was a low point in the season and one of the worst performances.  Hopefully come the game we’ve got better players in and it will show progress.  
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    What railcard do you have as my son has just turned 18 so need to find a way to keep the costing on trains to a minimum as cant use friends and family anymore
  • Options
    Looking to do Fleetwood away, how easy/difficult is it to get there on the train (via Blackpool)?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Of course Forest Green away is midweek, in February no less...
    One of only 3 away grounds I've not been to next season and it's a Tuesday night. 
    Bastards. 
    Precisely 
    And Morecambe is in November!
    Morcambe 3pm - England 7pm 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking to do Fleetwood away, how easy/difficult is it to get there on the train (via Blackpool)?
    No idea, I drove there.
  • Options
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    What railcard do you have as my son has just turned 18 so need to find a way to keep the costing on trains to a minimum as cant use friends and family anymore
    Young persons rail card
  • Options
    Its a tram from Blackpool takes about 45 minutes
  • Options
    CafcFan39 said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    I use a two together with a mate.

You'll be able to use that for you and your son I believe.
  • Options
    How many tickets will AS make available ?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Accrington on the opening day will be a good test.  I was there a few months ago when we lost 2-1 and they had 10 men.  They played us off the park, even with 10 men.  It was a low point in the season and one of the worst performances.  Hopefully come the game we’ve got better players in and it will show progress.  
    That was grim, though not as bad as driving home from Accrington on the Sunday with Covid!
  • Options
    How many tickets will AS make available ?
    The away end uncovered terrace holds approx 1800. Which is a third of the ground capacity.
  • Options
    Last game of the season away at Cheltenham, my closest ground. 
  • Options
    Easy, lots of trams and buses go from the front. 7 miles away. My son walked it from Blackpool south once there and back for an evening match. So if your fit less than a couple of hours. 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    seth plum said:
    Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Return?
    Aye.

Via Preston.

You are assuming the trains won't be on strike.

That, I think, is a big assumption at the moment.