Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL fixtures 2022/23 - 1st Game Accrington away

Comments

• Options

As part of the EFL's Fixture Release Day, the following games have been confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

Friday 29 July – Huddersfield Town v Burnley – 8pm

Saturday 30 July – Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion – 5.30pm

Sunday 31 July – Sunderland AFC v Coventry City – 12pm

Monday 1 August – Watford v Sheffield United – 8pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/opening-weekend-broadcast-selections/

• Options
    still can't believe all the leagues aren't pausing for the WC
    There are no League games during the entirety of the Group Stages

So its highly unlikely that a club at this level will have any players missing for the KO rounds.

Although I'd be surprised if there arent FA Cup | EFL Trophy games scheduled instead
    I hadn't realised that, I thought it was only the Championship that paused for the WC group stages
    Even so its not fair, some people will like it but when the world cup is on I want to be fully focused on England, I dont want see us lose at home to Cheltenham and then immediately get dumped out of the world cup 2nd round against Ecuador
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So first home game won't be til 16th August!
    Why? We play Derby at home on the 6th
  • Options
    Fleetwood away so often seems to be in early autumn, which is a nice time for a late summer break. The dates we've played them are

10th Sep
    30th Sep
    2nd Feb
    20th Feb (closed doors so doesn't count)
    2nd Oct
    17th Sep 2022

So that's 4 of the 5 games we've ever played them in front of fans
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So first home game won't be til 16th August!
    Why? We play Derby at home on the 6th
    Will they exist or fulfill fixtures then? 
  • Options
    Derby at home on my birthday and I've got something on in the evening. What's the betting that gets moved to 5.30? 
  • Options
    clive said:

As part of the EFL's Fixture Release Day, the following games have been confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

Friday 29 July – Huddersfield Town v Burnley – 8pm

Saturday 30 July – Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion – 5.30pm

Sunday 31 July – Sunderland AFC v Coventry City – 12pm

Monday 1 August – Watford v Sheffield United – 8pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/opening-weekend-broadcast-selections/

Really surprised they havent put Derby vs Oxford in there

After all they selected Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day last term
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Of course Forest Green away is midweek, in February no less...
    One of only 3 away grounds I've not been to next season and it's a Tuesday night. 
    Bastards. 
  • Options
    Pompey away on new years day should be a quality atmopshere
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Derby at home on my birthday and I've got something on in the evening. What's the betting that gets moved to 5.30? 
    you are assuming the game will be played!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what's the betting we play them, smash them and then they go bust and we lose the 3 points...
  • Options
    We'll find out who we face in the League Cup in two days

Surprised as thought the draw for that usually came a few days before the fixtures got released
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Gutted! It was the one away trip I was most looking forward to. Bit of a shame for Forest Green too, as I am sure if the game was on a Saturday we would have taken a large away support.
  • Options
    what's the betting we play them, smash them and then they go bust and we lose the 3 points...
    And we miss out on 6th by two points or less?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Pointless speculating how we'll do in the opening games yet, but Ben will need to Garner some if we're to avoid a repeat of  last seasons dismal effort. 
  • Options

Surprised as thought the draw for that usually came a few days before the fixtures got released
    I think the EFL trophy and EFL cup are both drawn today on Sky Sports News
  • Options
    No home games in November! Could be taking in a few non-league games that month!
  • Options

I think the EFL trophy and EFL cup are both drawn today on Sky Sports News
    Doh!!... Looked at a tweet from the Carabao Cup, and it said two days until the draw.

I didnt notice that the tweet was dated the 21st!! 
  • Options
    I'd be more confident that we play them during a takeover, they strengthen throughout August and go on to blow the league out of the water. 
  • Options
    Difficult first 6 games
    I would say 7 as Bolton away will not be easy, we do not do the NW of England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I'd be more confident that we play them during a takeover, they strengthen throughout August and go on to blow the league out of the water. 
    They'll probably get their takeover all but sorted just before the season starts, and then ask the EFL if their opening games can be postponed because they dont have a strong enough Senior Squad.
  • Options
    Just the 104 quid return on the train
  • Options
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Valentine's day as well isn't it? Wonder how many can make it into a date night 
  • Options
    Exeter A in February, Plymouth A in March is annoying too

Especially when the home games are Plymouth in August and Exeter in September
  • Options
    Is it me or do we always seem to play Fleetwood away in September?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    To Accrington? Trainline has them at at 55ish with a railcard. But I'll wait on any update from @clive
    Off peak return from Charlton is £110 for me on theTrainLine

Can use a Rail Splitter though which gives me a cost of about £70
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Is it me or do we always seem to play Fleetwood away in September?
    No, not just you  ;)

Fleetwood away so often seems to be in early autumn, which is a nice time for a late summer break. The dates we've played them are

10th Sep
    30th Sep
    2nd Feb
    20th Feb (closed doors so doesn't count)
    2nd Oct
    17th Sep 2022

So that's 4 of the 5 games we've ever played them in front of fans

• Options
    Anyone remember when we last played Milton Keynes on a Saturday! It's the most predictable thing about these fixtures each season!
    Not a bad start although as we know all too well, all games are tough.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    RedPanda said:
    Valentine's day as well isn't it? Wonder how many can make it into a date night 
    Perfect if you have a passionately vegan other half I suppose. Claim it as the ultimate sign of love.