Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Norway got worse left back problems than us 
  • Options
    I hope Charlton's defence this season copes better with the press than Norway's tonight!
  • Options
    Norway defence is rotten
  • Options
    This is the best I've ever seen England play. Quality. 
  • Options
    The womens team already beat the toughest team austria. this game will probably finish 6 or 7 nil
  • Options
    The womens team already beat the toughest team austria. this game will probably finish 6 or 7 nil
    Commentator said before the game they’re miles ahead of Austria lol
  • Options
    Norway's defence is absolutely abysmal. England are playing very well though.
  • Options
    It’s 20 nil. 
  • Options
    Yeah fair play but my god this defending 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Norway were far higher in the world rankings than Austria 11 v 21
  • Options
    Just thought England looked nervous at Old Trafford, bit of stage fright, this is more like the team we’ve seen for the past 18 months
  • Options
    I reckon Northern Ireland might not turn up 
  • Options
    Fair to say that we've improved a bit since Phil Neville left as manager!
  • Options
    Just watched the goals, it was like a highlight reel from when I play FIFA on easy level
  • Options
    Weetabix dive from the keeper
  • Options
    Was that a free kick and a potential goal scoring chance?
  • Options
    Watching this in Italy. They are raving about England. 
  • Options
    Guess we are getting Robyn Cowan for all the England games. Very good commentator content wise but with a voice that I simply can’t listen too. Makes my ears bleed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair to say that we've improved a bit since Phil Neville left as manager!
    Funny that.
  • Options
    Well, that went alright, eh?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Hal1x said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    England in the final would be a huge TV draw, maybe not euro 2020 level but pretty big. 
    I doubt that it would.
    The womens World Cup semi final did, so see no reason why this wouldn’t. 

I just thought the opening game would pique the interest of more viewers 
    I was one of the people who was watching the news about Boris when I would’ve been watching the opening game any other day
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. England were superb. 
  • Options
    Good to see Alessia Russo scoring. From Maidstone and started off at Charlton
    This!
    And according to Hubby her Dad was a great striker for the Met Police football team (before my time).
    That was some performance against what should have been far greater opposition but those early goals just blew them away (yes the pen was soft).
    I just love Kiera Walsh, I could watch her all day. Bloody hell I’m envious of all those young girls out there who get to have these role models.
    Bloody brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    On CL there will always be more about the negatives of woman's football rather than the positives.  More slagging off the defending than the superb attacking and some great crossing and goals. Norway were poor at the back but England were clinical. Norway are two time winners of the Euro's and do have 3 world class forwards.
    Austria are a well organized side and a draw will take them through. 

A brilliant performance by England under a superb coach in Sarina Wiegman who is a proven winner and despite playing a right footed player at left back in Daly ! because she has more pace than the natural LB in Greenwood she knows the best 11 she wants to start but has great attacking subs as well. 
    As I said before more coaches are playing one attacking back (Bronze) and one back who will hold the position more(Daly)
    Shaw did this in the Euros when he spent more time attacking down the left and the RB held his position more.

I'm going to Brentford tomorrow to see Germany v Spain and Southampton on Friday to see *England v NI where I expect the Irish to pack their defence and England to win by about 4. The football academy my son works for (Aribo, Omar Richards, Norrington-Davies and Baah to name just 4 ) are looking to have Girls teams added to the successful program for lads which had their 61st Scholar sign a pro deal last week when a lad signed for QPR. Most released by Pro academies and had to bounce back with others in the same situation.

*I may regret going if the crowd do a Mexican wave 🧐
  • Options
    I thought some of the weighting of England's through balls was top notch. Better than I have seen at Charlton recently.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Italian captain a bit lucky to get the red card rescinded by VAR I thought.
    Reminded me of Jason Pearce.