Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

1303132333436»

Comments

• England's friendly with USA at Wembley on 7 October has sold out in 24 hours.

Only hospitality seats left apparently.
    and that's on a Friday night as well when taking the kids would be even more difficult
  • Women's Super League ticket interest surge after England's Euro 2022 win
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62408974
  • edited August 2022
    just a thought .. the women seemed much more together than the men's team, they acted much more maturely, they have all the same/similar hairstyles, difficult to tell who was who, the collective supersedes the individual ..
    as I typed earlier, their win has given the country's morale a lift during what is for many a worrying time
  • edited August 2022
    just a thought .. the women seemed much more together than the men's team, they acted much more maturely, they have all the same/similar hairstyles, difficult to tell who was who, the collective supersedes the individual ..
    as I typed earlier, their win has given the country's morale a lift during what is for many a worrying time
    Have to disagree with this. I think the mens team under Southgate over the past few years appear more 'together' than any England side i can remember in my lifetime. There's no cliques with club rivalries spilling over and the youtube videos they release from every camp always show a squad interacting, laughing and getting along well.

Admittedly that's not to say the women aren't more together (not sure how you judge this though), but you can't really knock the men. Let's not forget we've reached a world cup semi and a Euro final.
  • Is this due to segregation (or lack of) freeing more space? It's great to see, hope the momentum continues 
  • McBobbin said:
    Is this due to segregation (or lack of) freeing more space? It's great to see, hope the momentum continues 
    I would say 100% that’s the reason.
    Its just not necessary at the moment & long may that continue 👏🏻👏🏻
  • McBobbin said:
    Is this due to segregation (or lack of) freeing more space? It's great to see, hope the momentum continues 
    Yeah, it was nice on Sunday without the toxic patriotism that you get at men’s games. The patriotism was there, just a more inclusive type

• Rothko said:
    McBobbin said:
    Yeah, it was nice on Sunday without the toxic patriotism that you get at men’s games. The patriotism was there, just a more inclusive type

Looking at the demographic at all the womens Euro games it’s clear that those who previously felt uncomfortable going to football were made to feel completely welcome.
    That makes me very very happy 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• just a thought .. the women seemed much more together than the men's team, they acted much more maturely, they have all the same/similar hairstyles, difficult to tell who was who, the collective supersedes the individual ..
    I guess you could look at the names on the back of the shirts…😉
  • Rothko said:
    McBobbin said:

Looking at the demographic at all the womens Euro games it’s clear that those who previously felt uncomfortable going to football were made to feel completely welcome.
    That makes me very very happy 😁
    Yeah, there was a lesbian couple on the tube in England shirts, holding hands, and not being harassed by lairy men, plus loads of LGBTQ people who didn't feel threatened and could be themselves. loads of families, loads more women than you would see at any football match I've been to other than the Women's football final at London 2012. 
  • Our women just about scraped through their world cup qualifying group........

• edited September 2022
    I don't think it is healthy to keep regurgitating this women v men debate. if you want to, I will tell you that there is no better passer than Walsh at our club and we are quite happy to watch Charlton. Why do we not insist on watching only Premier League teams. Men are stronger than women and that is a fact of life but if you are looking for entertainment and skill, you will find it in the women's game in spades.

Keira Walsh is the best passes in woman's football and I have been saying this for the last two years. Barcelona obviously agree as they paid 400K for her today which is a record beating the previous 250k. The long pass she made for Toon in the final was immense.
    Class footballer at 25 and she can't even score !