Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Spain are growing into this.
    Fantastic header to go 2-1 up 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Disappointing viewing figures for the England game

imagine will increase as tournament goes on, but think the non England games will be of a wipe out viewer wise
    I suspect the non England games will soon be moved from BBC1
    England v Austria was the highest viewed thing on TV that night, suspect the BBC are pretty happy about that 
    read it peaked it around 3.7m which is slightly disappointing in my opinion (and on TV ratings threads)
    Plus iPlayer streams it got to 4.5m, considering Corrie does 5m most nights including catch up, that’s impressive 
    Decent numbers, but a reality check of where women's football is at the moment. If the men had been playing the opening match of a home tournament, they'd have got between 15 and 20 million.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:

imagine will increase as tournament goes on, but think the non England games will be of a wipe out viewer wise
    England v Austria was the highest viewed thing on TV that night, suspect the BBC are pretty happy about that 
    read it peaked it around 3.7m which is slightly disappointing in my opinion (and on TV ratings threads)
    Plus iPlayer streams it got to 4.5m, considering Corrie does 5m most nights including catch up, that’s impressive 
    Decent numbers, but a reality check of where women's football is at the moment. If the men had been playing the opening match of a home tournament, they'd have got between 15 and 20 million.
    Be interesting to see what the figures will be like should England reach the semi's or the final. 11 million watched the women's semi final in 2019. The "most watched British televisions broadcast of the year" apparently : https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jul/03/england-world-cup-defeat-to-usa-watched-by-117m-tv-viewers
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:

Be interesting to see what the figures will be like should England reach the semi's or the final. 11 million watched the women's semi final in 2019. The "most watched British televisions broadcast of the year" apparently : https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/jul/03/england-world-cup-defeat-to-usa-watched-by-117m-tv-viewers
    Viewing figures for the later stages though are to an extent like the attendances for Wembley playoff finals. Just because clubs bring 30k to Wembley, that doesn't translate to massive regularly numbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:

Viewing figures for the later stages though are to an extent like the attendances for Wembley playoff finals. Just because clubs bring 30k to Wembley, that doesn't translate to massive regularly numbers.
    Oh Im expecting 38k at home for the Plymouth game in August. 
  • Options
    no one is expecting that Rothko, I just thought would be higher than that. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    England in the final would be a huge TV draw, maybe not euro 2020 level but pretty big. 
  • Options
    England games will get good viewing figures - even better in the latter stages, not sure about games not involving them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange it started on a Wednesday night, surely a Saturday evening would have been better 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    England in the final would be a huge TV draw, maybe not euro 2020 level but pretty big. 
    I doubt that it would.
  • Options
    AddickRam said:
    Was at the opening game and it was brilliant to see everyone supporting. My kids loved the whole match day experience especially my daughter as she loves her football. 

It wasn't the best performance England's star players couldn't get into the game but credit to the opposition, Millie Bright was outstanding though everyone adamant she should of been player of the match. 

Also got tickets for France Italy and a semi-final, which hoping the lionesses win the group and progress though. 

Although one change i would make for a fairer game would be smaller goals, it still doesn't feel totally fair that a lot of women's keepers are on average 5ft 8inches and can barely touch the crossbar even when at full reach.
    Glad there were other Charlton fans there too. I attended with @Len\'s_little_girl . We are also going to Brighton for the Norway match on Monday. Good Father Daughter bonding activity in my view.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I doubt that it would.
    The womens World Cup semi final did, so see no reason why this wouldn’t. 

I just thought the opening game would pique the interest of more viewers 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hal1x said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I doubt that it would.
    Did you not see my comment about the semi final in 2019?
  • Options
    France-Italy is the first game I've seen where both teams looked half-way competent.  Seems strange saying that with one of them 5-0 at half-time but the Italian's haven't been totally awful.
  • Options
    France-Italy is the first game I've seen where both teams looked half-way competent.  Seems strange saying that with one of them 5-0 at half-time but the Italian's haven't been totally awful.
    Netherlands v Sweden last night was good
  • Options
    Italian captain a bit lucky to get the red card rescinded by VAR I thought.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Italian captain a bit lucky to get the red card rescinded by VAR I thought.
    Definite red in men's football!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Netherlands v Sweden last night was good
    Best game by a mile so far, does show how good the women's game can be. Portugal v Switzerland wasn't bad either even if not technically all that great 

Hopefully England v Norway will be good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was hugely disappointed by Italy.
    Awful defending.
    Made France look amazing.
    Very strange game 🤔
  • Options
    France were excellent in that first half. great movement and skill. Italy were unbelievably shit in defence. no marking, no tracking runners, no tackles, no structure etc.. it was just hopelessly bad. They got better in the second half but I guess France took their foot off by then anyway. 
  • Options
    Watched about 10-15 minutes of Austria v NI, my god it's bad.

Expecting a lot better from England v Norway later.
  • Options
    A rare moment of quality after some poor defending from the right back. 2-0 to Austria with 2 minutes left.
  • Options
    Typical cheating foreigner, collapsing in the box to win a penalty after only tiny contact  ;)
  • Options
    How was that ever a penalty?
  • Options
    That's never a penalty, she basically just threw herself to the ground after minimal contact.

Superbly taken penalty though.
  • Options
    Some mysterious officiating, to go with that VAR overrule of the Italy red card
  • Options
    2-0 now. England absolutely tearing Norway apart here.
  • Options
    Norwegians need to work on their offside trap