Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Decent away kit this season 🟡⚫️ But I still want to see us wearing the 🔴 more often -  I hate it when we don’t even when there isn’t a colour clash
  • Wait, has Lewis Hamilton retired?
  • Hopeful the third kit can be nice too so we have a season of 3 lovely kits 
  • The 3rd shirt is meant to be out of this world 
  • cafc999 said:
    The 3rd shirt is meant to be out of this world 
    I have high hopes for our 3rd shirt.
  • I thought we were playing Wigan. Surely their home kit doesn't clash with our home kit!

• Really don't like it.
  • Very nice. Well done Castore 
  • If we do well this season it’s a great kit, if we don’t it’s a crap one simple as 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:
    So it’s not being made in a sweatshop in the far east.
  • edited August 8
    As is the norm this time of year I canvassed the opinion of my 9yr old boy on both kits.

Home - "boring, same as always" (not sure what he wants us to do here?).

Away - a thumbs up and big smile (no quote as he was playing Fortnite or something at the time so really didn't want me distracting him)

Said I'd pick him one up next April/May like usual ha!

I like both, but the away is my fave
  • Need to be seeing that in person…tiz a bit on the bright side & for me I’d rather it have the round collar,BUT it does look ok…didn’t like look of the home shirt either till I saw it,then got one…👍
  • Not a fan. Isn't it basically a rip off of Arsenal 2022?
  • Assume our friends at Castore haven't supplied the shorts or socks yet as there are no pictures of them.
  • The inclusion of the Greenwich skyline is a great idea, but very hard to actually distinguish it by looking at it. 
  • Lovely kit….so much better than black

what colour are the shorts and socks?
  • cafctom said:
    The inclusion of the Greenwich skyline is a great idea, but very hard to actually distinguish it by looking at it. 
    Haven’t seen it in person so only going on the photos but can’t see it at all 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lovely kit….so much better than black

what colour are the shorts and socks?
    Black shorts.

No one's bothered photographing the socks but we can confirm they are 'lemon verbena and caviar'
    https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/products/adult-24-25-away-sock

• you do get a tiny glimpse of the socks in the video at the cafe, yellow with a black sword on the shin, not sure about the turnover 
  • Personally would always like to see the reverse of the home kit, white shirts, red shorts, white socks as the away kit. Could then always flip to all red or all white.
    That said I think this season's shirts are fine, nothing fussy or over the top.
  • cafctom said:
    The inclusion of the Greenwich skyline is a great idea, but very hard to actually distinguish it by looking at it. 

That seems to be the way of modern shirt design, take a standard template shirt and come up with some puff about incorporating the skyline of Greenwich or Leicester or Accrington in the print  ;)
  • Personally would always like to see the reverse of the home kit, white shirts, red shorts, white socks as the away kit. Could then always flip to all red or all white.
    That said I think this season's shirts are fine, nothing fussy or over the top.
    Thats really the only way you can justify a third kit imo, 

three kits a year changing every year takes the absolute piss (that’s not a Charlton moan just a football in general moan)
  • Chizz said:
    Not a fan. Isn't it basically a rip off of Arsenal 2022?
    Yes, it is. 

Apart from the colour.

And the shape of the collar. And the double stripe on the collar and sleeves. And the sponsor's logo, manufacturer's logo and club badge. 
    Yeah, but except for those things, it's nearly identical.
  • Much prefer the version with the Greenwich logo
  • Decent away kit this season 🟡⚫️ But I still want to see us wearing the 🔴 more often -  I hate it when we don’t even when there isn’t a colour clash
    The problem is, we have different sponsor on the away shirt to the home. So there will be something contractually in place so that University of Greenwich get a guaranteed amount of exposure per season, which is why we wear the away kit often when there is no clash (e.g. at Wigan tomorrow) 
  • cafc999 said:
    Astronomical I hear…
  • edited August 9
    so is RSK doing the away ladies kit ? going by the image i guess they are.