Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• edited August 8

• Might need an eye test as watching on tv I thought it was ecru, like the early noughties one. 
  • Looks fine and blue shorts and yellow socks sound cool. Will work under floodlights and yellow has been kind to us in the recent past.

Like the little in joke of the male players swopping shirts with their female colleagues in both the main pic and the goalie strip on CAFC webpage. 
  • Peoples views on kits are driven by two things, early memories and how the team wearing it performs
  • Looks fine and blue shorts and yellow socks sound cool. Will work under floodlights and yellow has been kind to us in the recent past.

Like the little in joke of the male players swopping shirts with their female colleagues in both the main pic and the goalie strip on CAFC webpage. 
    Surely the shorts are going to be black, to go with the trim on the shirt?

• Two really smart kits for us this year. 
  • I quite like it, I prefer the shade of yellow we had a few years back (the year we won at Wembley) but I'll likely buy both the home & away. 

Surely the shorts are going to be black, to go with the trim on the shirt?
    Yep you are correct. Black shorts. Wonder if all yellow strip might be employed in some games!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it’s lovely, 2 good kits so far in my opinion 
  • Peter_G said:
    Good presentation by Paul Elliott. He likes the yellow kit, wore a yellow shirt in his first game for us. 

need to invest in an iron.
  • not a bright enough yellow.

What in joke? The away sponsor for the men is UoG, and the away sponsor for the women is RSK
  • Hal1x said:
    Peter_G said:
    Good presentation by Paul Elliott. He likes the yellow kit, wore a yellow shirt in his first game for us. 

need to invest in an iron.
    Fuck that, we’re already paying for the stadium.
  • edited August 8
    Nice kit but on a fat old bloke like me, the little bits of block pattern will look like sweat dribbles.
  • Kit numbers ?
  • Kit numbers ?
    A lot of announcements have been really weird this summer, I can't lie I think the media team are missing the mark at the moment. We have been very late with these announcements, no squad numbers and we got all those 'behind the scene' videos when new players were announced, without actually getting the interview footage at any point? To be even more critical, most signings except Doc were announced by the media before the club. 
  • Kit numbers ?
    I imagine we release them tomorrow, gives the longest possible time to sell someone or sign someone before people know your intentions (like when Elliot was leaving so was given 44 instead of 1) 
  • sam3110 said:
    Kit numbers ?
    I imagine we release them tomorrow, gives the longest possible time to sell someone or sign someone before people know your intentions (like when Elliot was leaving so was given 44 instead of 1) 
    The numbers are decided and probably sent to the EFL and broadcasters last week, just not been published yet 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kit numbers ?
    A lot of announcements have been really weird this summer, I can't lie I think the media team are missing the mark at the moment. We have been very late with these announcements, no squad numbers and we got all those 'behind the scene' videos when new players were announced, without actually getting the interview footage at any point? To be even more critical, most signings except Doc were announced by the media before the club. 
    The behind the scenes thing was a clear idea to remove the standard interview and one I really liked. Got all the same platitudes without them
    just sat down somewhere. Squad numbers came out the day before the first game last year so no change there. Almost all signings in football are leaked by someone before they’re announced, you just only notice the Charlton ones because you’re a Charlton fan! 

Lots of things to criticise about the club but I think the comms team have done a pretty good job this summer 
  • its a football shirt, it will do 
  • edited August 8
    Perfectly ok shirt, ridiculous that this has been unveiled only 2 days before it will be worn for the first time in an EFL match.
  • Not really the right thread but as they’ve been mentioned a lot, squad numbers are out https://www.charltonafc.com/news/squad-numbers-confirmed-202425-season
  • fenaddick said:
    Not really the right thread but as they’ve been mentioned a lot, squad numbers are out https://www.charltonafc.com/news/squad-numbers-confirmed-202425-season
    No number 1 yet then 🤔
  • fenaddick said:
    Not really the right thread but as they’ve been mentioned a lot, squad numbers are out https://www.charltonafc.com/news/squad-numbers-confirmed-202425-season
    No no1 so must be an incoming…🤔
  • edited August 8
  • Not bad.  Simple and blends in with the Medway traditional high-vis singlet fashion wear!
  • CafcWest said:
    Peter_G said:

I'm guessing the museum doesn't have an iron.
    You must be joking.

We're not going to let an iron anywhere near a shirt worth £2k - £3k
  • edited August 8

Reminds me of that vomit inducing day when we lost 0-3 to the scum at selhurst and Les Briley scored a worldie
    the kit reminds me of one of the most hellish days as a supporter , humiliated by the scum