Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s | CAFC fan coach up to Sheff Utd for the U18s final on Saturday - KO noon (p9)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    @golfaddick is that an extreme Golfie?
    Nah, it's just a double golfie. Extreme might be coming back from 3 down, or that might just be a triple golfie?
  • Options
    Great last 15 minutes, subs and change of shape made a massive difference. Really enjoyed being there today.
  • Options
    How many were there?
  • Options
    What a magnificent comeback - a real testament to the character of this side after a fairly tepid first 70 minutes.

Very impressed with Anderson’s composure and Bower’s first touch and left foot - and what a finish from Kanu. Huke and Miles Leaburn also made a big difference when they came on, as did switching our athletic centre-half to right back. 

Looking forward to the final
  • Options
    Fantastic result. Let's hope we see all these lads playing in the first team next season.
    As he is no longer with the club, I don’t think I am betraying a confidence by telling you that Jackson told me Kanu had a lot to learn before being ready for the first time.
    Nice insight. I would like the club to be bold in the next few years give a few more of these young lads a chance. Let them sink or swim. The fans can get behind something a little bit more personal rather that putting up with journeyman players on their way down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    What a magnificent comeback - a real testament to the character of this side after a fairly tepid first 70 minutes.

Very impressed with Anderson’s composure and Bower’s first touch and left foot - and what a finish from Kanu. Huke and Miles Leaburn also made a big difference when they came on, as did switching our athletic centre-half to right back. 

@Blucher was Leaburn #16? I'm assuming so!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Blucher said:

@Blucher was Leaburn #16? I'm assuming so!
    Yes it was, if the team sheet on Pg.1 is correct
  • Options
    What a win, thoroughly deserved for the never say die spirit, love the shot of the post match huddle, what a result, a real team performance, can't get enough of watching this team play, so on to the final, and on this showing only one result, WIN and crowned champions, COYU18s.. B)

• Options
    Any one know how the venue for the final is decided? If it's the valley at a weekend I would go.
  • Options
    So glad I went, as already said a tepid first 70 minutes, but once Miles Leaburn  & Ryan Huke ( a superb little player with quick feet & a quick brain) came on we played on the front foot.
    The crowd helped suck the ball into the net as well.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    No good dominating the season if you stumble in the playoffs. Barnsley have looked the superior side today to be honest
    Well done to the U18s today.  Great stuff and wonderful to see them make a final.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock said:
    Any one know how the venue for the final is decided? If it's the valley at a weekend I would go.
    I think if the runners up win the other semi it's at the Valley.

If it's the other champions, Sheffield Utd, then toss of a coin but not sure on any of that.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    @golfaddick is that an extreme Golfie?
    The first team did it under JJ when he was caretaker once Bowyer left. 2-0 down to Bristol Rovers & came back to win 3-2.
  • Options
    Well that was enjoyable!

leaburn and Huke made a big difference.

#14 is Laqueretabua.  He’s a young one I think and someone I rate very highly

passing wasn’t very crisp today and I think the occasion might have got to a few of them but glad we got the win and can go on to the national final now.  
  • Options
    All well and good but did  @seth plum get a team sheet ok? That was todays measure of success 🙂
  • Options
    All well and good but did  @seth plum get a team sheet ok? That was todays measure of success 🙂
    He did I can confirm as he sat next to me :)  what a great last 15 minutes. Nice to leave the Valley smiling! 
  • Options
    cblock said:

If it's the other champions, Sheffield Utd, then toss of a coin but not sure on any of that.
    Thanks for the responding, not sure about the lol though.
  • Options
    very impressive
  • Options
    cblock said:
    cblock said:

Thanks for the responding, not sure about the lol though.
    Sorry, was reaching for the quote button