Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s | CAFC fan coach up to Sheff Utd for the U18s final on Saturday - KO noon (p9)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ref blows up (not literally sadly)
    Final score 2-1.
    Thank you for all your updates
  • Options
    The penalty was the difference. It should not have been and that is why VAR has to exist in the professional game across the top 4 divisions imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Overall they were just about the better side, but with a better ref we might have nicked that. 
    Congrats on a great season lads, you can hold your heads high. 
  • Options
    Poor ref but nonetheless we were totally outclassed by Sheffield.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Kanu was offside on that last attack either looking at the replay. Our angle might be what makes me question it though.
  • Options
    That penalty decision is one of the worst i've ever seen. What makes it worse is he actually had a good view of it, and the fact not a single Sheff Utd player appealed for it must've surely told him something.
  • Options
    No complaints about the result, as Sheffield United were the better side, although they were aided and abetted by a poor referee. A shame that we couldn't get our passing game going and do ourselves justice on the day.

Still, an excellent season and hopefully we'll see 3 or 4 of these lads in the first team over the next few years.
  • Options
    The ref was the difference, was never a pen and didn’t let the game flow after that. The club should report his performance but doubt anything will happen. 
  • Options
    Sheffield utd probably deserved that but a non-penalty got them back in it.

Kone clearly man of the match

It's not a "close the academy" result but it also shows that calls for this group to start in the first team are premature.

Well done on a great season. Won the league by a mile, had a good run in the youth Cup and narrowly lost the national final.
    I think individually we can start bleeding them in. There's a few in there that definitely could be training alongside the first team at least a session a week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield utd probably deserved that but a non-penalty got them back in it.

Kone clearly man of the match

It's not a "close the academy" result but it also shows that calls for this group to start in the first team are premature.

Well done on a great season. Won the league by a mile, had a good run in the youth Cup and narrowly lost the national final.
    Very true, they all looked very much their age in that performance. 
  • Options
    Sheffield United twitter was saying 5 minutes were being added and gave updates timed at 90+4.  Is it possible the clock was out of sync? 
  • Options
    Sheffield United twitter was saying 5 minutes were being added and gave updates timed at 90+4.  Is it possible the clock was out of sync? 
    Seems so. But our clock started on kick off.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sheffield United were the better side over the 90 minutes.

Charlton didn't pass well enough today to win a final.

Why didn't the United players appeal for a penalty ? Rhetorical question as it wasn't an effing penalty.

Homer Ref who was consistent; in giving every 50/50 decision to United.

The U18 have had a cracking season but looked a bit short today similar to losing to Brighton in the FA youth cup.

Sheffield United may have started to get frustrated if they didn't get awarded the penalty.

Kanu remained the best prospect from this group, and the keeper is decent. I haven't seen enough of Anderson but I can see the template of a player there. Kedwell is smaller than his dad Danny and stayed involved and competing for the whole game. 
    Needed that 2nd goal which a whipped cross in 1st half and the chance for Leaburn in 2nd we didn't take. 
  • Options
    Not quite at the races today, sadly but the man in black made our task more difficult than it should have been. 

2 players I thought were outstanding- Kone as mentioned previously didn't deserve to be on the losing team, and Zak Mitchell who we've admired on his performances all season. 

Well done, lads, for the season overall. Time now for some well deserved R & R. 
  • Options
    Sheff utd the better team on the day but our boys have done us proud all season.  There are some great prospects in this group and I look forward to seeing them step up when they are ready.
  • Options
    I thought that it wasn't that United were better but they were more powerful and won the bulk of the 50/50s. Having said that, Leaburn had a chance to make it 2 nil not long before the ref made an error so the game could have been won still.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nadou said:
    Sorry Nadou but what a load of bollox! 😤
    At no stage were we “totally” outclassed.
    It was even Stevens at half time…..yes they did have the better of us in the second (not without considerable help from a very incompetent ref I must say), but not to the stage where we were ever “totally” outclassed 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nadou said:
    Sorry Nadou but what a load of bollox! 😤
    At no stage were we “totally” outclassed.
    It was even Stevens at half time…..yes they did have the better of us in the second (not without considerable help from a very incompetent ref I must say), but not to the stage where we were ever “totally” outclassed 
    I thought their ability to string passes together, win most balls in the air and head them to team mates and our inability to do much of either and instead our tendency  to hoof the ball forward to no avail, suggested that, (perhaps only on the day, but who knows?)  they outclassed us. As much as anyone else, I wanted us to win and show real promise as a team, but I didn't see anything of what I hoped for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I was at the game.
    Not one single Sheff U player, their coaching staff or supporter appealed for a penalty. No one could believe it! 🥺
    You’ve all heard the expression “the only person in the stadium who thought it was a penalty was the referee,” well take my word for it, in this instance that was genuinely the case.

I said that earlier but I was only watching on the link so thanks for confirming that no one appealed for the penalty.
    When the penalty was taken I thought that Cafc were on their heals and didn't react quick enough but the good save rebounded off the post to the guy to knock it in was hard to take.
    Did you have a good view of the booking for Cafc RB as again I didn't think it was a booking, as I thought it was a good tackle, but TBF the camera angle wasn't great.
    Cheers @SoundAsa£

• Options
    The booking was on the other side of the pitch so I can’t tell you anything really re the booking..…..remember all spectators were at pitch side level too.