Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RETAINED LIST | Club trigger one-year extension on Forster-Caskey, Innis, Davison, Harness

Comments

• Options
    Would have kept Washington and let innis go instead. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    A shame for Washington as he works hard and has done ‘okay’.  However, if the choice is to get better than ‘okay’ it makes discussing a new contract with Purrington as a bit odd.  I know it’s a bit like comparing apples and oranges given their positions and then things like who we already have come into the decision making process, but for me, it’s hard to see much difference in what both add to the team through their respective positions.

Re; the others, Inniss has to be a back up.  He’s just about limped over 20 games over two seasons, so you would think he’s simply there to as cover.

I’ve never got the hype around JFC but I know I’m firmly in the minority so was pretty much expecting him to stay.  

I don’t get the Davison move either, other than to possibly get a fee.

Matthews I agree with but I think I’ll be crying if we resign him come July 😂.

There’s a couple of players under contract I would like to see us ship on in Gilbey and DJ, but can’t see that happening.

Pleased none of the loans have been made an offer 
    Not necessarily its just standard wording.  It does mean we haven't taken up the option to buy on Famewo though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Inniss could be on 10p a week, will proabbly still be a waste of a squad place, cos, the cap, right? 
    You don't have to register him..........
    my faith in our ownership and recruitment is dwindling. But to give a player a new contract and then not include him in the squad? Surely not even we are that stupid 
  • Options
    So we need to sign at least two forwards and possibly even three as Aneke can't start and Davison is unlikely to either unless Stockley is injured. Or have I got that wrong?
    Depends on the formation we’re planning on playing 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Inniss could be on 10p a week, will proabbly still be a waste of a squad place, cos, the cap, right? 

Makes sense I guess. 
  • Options
    has the new manager agreed with this list then. 
  • Options
    We all wanted a squad overhaul and now it seems we have got one starting. Any player released or retained will always attract divided opinion so the club cant win. Now we just have to wait and see who comes in but nobody can deny that there has been a clear out as called for. Interesting times
  • Options
    Can't see the logic in using up one place in the squad cap on Innis, an injury prone defender
  • Options
    Should have kept Washington

Mind you, that is some fucking clear out 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    my faith in our ownership and recruitment is dwindling. But to give a player a new contract and then not include him in the squad? Surely not even we are that stupid 
    If he gets the standard 4 month injury before the window shuts.  He didn't even manage preseason last year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just because we’ve kept someone like inniss doesn’t mean he’ll start. Useful squad player IMO, would have kept Washington for the same reason as a squad player, couldn’t see us promoted if we’re relying on him as a main goal scorer, he may not have wanted that role or wanted a contract as 1st choice, so then have to move on from him. 
    Busy summer ahead, big rebuild, much needed. 
  • Options
    So what does the squad numbers look like after this announcement?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm beginning to wonder.
  • Options
    Would have kept Washington and let innis go instead. 
    Err... You get they have entirely different jobs right?
  • Options
    Hopefully there is confidence among the current management recruitment team that 

1) the players who are leaving will be replaced by better and

2) the new ones will fit the ethos of the next manager 

Pretty big gamble if a manager has not already been identified as it would suggest the recruitment of new equal or better replacements will be solely down to TS, MS and Gallen.

Will feel better about this if a manager is announced in next week or so.

Getting players in relying on Gallen being the only one with any football experience without the input of the man who will be managing them is perhaps a risk.

Albeit Euell of course will have likely given his view.

Other than Washington I don't think there's any controversial departures although surprised at retention of Innis and Davison.
  • Options
    I'm a bit gutted Famewo has gone tbh I know I'm in a minority but I cant personally see us getting better and I think he will go on to play at a higher level than us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On his day Inniss can be excellent and seems to care…mad lunge aside… I guess it might be that his extension was part of his original contract and extension automatic.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So we need to sign at least two forwards and possibly even three as Aneke can't start and Davison is unlikely to either unless Stockley is injured. Or have I got that wrong?
    Two for me in an ideal world.

First, someone to start in a pairing with Stockley (or Aneke). Davison will be back up to that player.

Then the second player as back-up / compete with Stockley in place of Aneke.

Like Inniss, Aneke’s minutes need to be managed and he should not be relied upon to be fit. He has to be the wildcard option off the bench rather than mister reliable week in week out.

We would be left in a bad situation if Stockley got injured for a month and all we have to play the target man is Chuks.
  • Options
    Many on here said they wanted a big clear out … it’s happened so let’s see what happens next.  

Does make me wonder if the ‘new’ manager is already active behind the scenes.  
  • Options
    Disappointed about losing Washington, he had a fair bit to his game and worked the channels tirelessly. 

But we should also be looking to get goals and assists from the likes of Fraser, JFC, DJ, CBT, Kirk as well as the strikers.
  • Options
    Depends on the formation we’re planning on playing 
    It does but we can't start games with one goalscorer - as I say Aneke doesn't start so that leaves just Stockley. In fact, apart from those two, I do not believe that we have anyone left on our books who scored more than twice for us last season!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Many on here said they wanted a big clear out … it’s happened so let’s see what happens next.  

Does make me wonder if the ‘new’ manager is already active behind the scenes.  
    2 hopes there. No hope and Bob Hope 
  • Options
    Happy to keep JFC.

Would guess Davison is to get a fee.

Harness looks a long way off but I assume is cheap.

Innis is a waste of time like every other ex Palace player in the last decade or so that we have signed and a total waste of a squad place.
  • Options
    As we've seen with Matthews twice now not signing a deal straight away does stop a playing signing later on.

There's a lot of wages saved from the senior players who've left, like Watson  and Pearce (who I hope stays as an academy coach) plus a bit more from the likes of Souare, Matthews and Henderson.

Hope Purrington stays but that we also get more FBs and CBs.

Want to see 7 or 8 players come in who are first team ready.  That will be the test.